PDA

View Full Version : First Build and First Post

texan86
03-15-13, 23:11
I have been reading on the forums for a while, but I figured it was time to say hi and show yall my first build . I actually built the gun in 2007 and have added some new things here recently. The gun is a mutt, but it works great and is set up how I like it. Sorry for the sub-par pics.

The parts used are as follows (parts used to build the main components of the gun were all purchased in 2006 & 2007):

Stag Lower
RRA Upper
Bushmaster Barrel
DPMS Parts Kit
Vortex Flash Hider
Extended Charging Handle
KNS Pins (about to be put on)
Vltor Imod Clubfoot Stock
MI Quad Rails
YHM Flip Up Rear Sight
Ladder Rail Covers
Gear Sector Light Mount
Surefire G2 (with Malkoff drop in LED)
Blackhawk Vertical Grip
Aimpoint Comp C3 2X on a Larue Cantilever Mount (actually trying to sell it right now to get an Eotec EXPS)

I know the gun is a real mutt, but I sure enjoy shooting it and it has been very reliable. It seems that some of the parts that I used are not top quality by today's standards, but at the time I built it, they were. The reason I built it is to have a good general purpose defensive weapon. I believe that this gun serves its purpose very well for me. I learned a lot doing this build, and I learn more every time I read on this site. I have recently attended an M4 Armorers Class, and I found it to be very informative. I hope when parts become more readily available, I am able to continue to build and explore different set ups. Thanks for all the great info all of yall post on to this site.

Anyway, just wanted to say hello and show yall my build. Let me know what yall think of it.

texan86

offroader1006
03-17-13, 08:06
Nice.

By your definiteion, all but one of mine are "mutts."

:D

texan86
03-17-13, 11:17
Thanks.

I have a buddy that has to have all of his parts matching. I think its overrated!!

jayband
06-03-13, 12:13
very nice, change to a MUR and it wil be a badass!

Nka727
06-19-13, 13:59
It might not be the prettiest, or the most expensive, but it will damn sure do the same job! Well done!

masakari
06-19-13, 17:55
looks like a great build.
What can you say about the 2x aimpoint? those always interested me.
also, why are your selector and bolt release whiteish?

jbeanz
06-19-13, 19:41
Looks good man. long barrel with short rails always looks badass