PDA

View Full Version : What is your "dream-build"?

jerrysimons
03-16-13, 18:36
If you could build any AR you wanted while not limited by company specific, proprietary parts selection, what would you build?

My dream build:
-Lower: Noveske Gen II lower with KAC ambi controls and AXTS A-dac pin in the right side mag release.

-Upper: LMT MRP style quick barrel change monolithic Vltor MUR upper attached to a 15" Noveske NSR profile key-mod rail. Quick change compatible 16" Noveske Light Recce or 16" Recon barrel w/ Larue tactical PST gasblock.

just a scout
03-16-13, 18:46
I have it.

BCM lower with Gunfighter Mod 1 grip, Giselle SSA trigger, MagPul stock (name escapes me cause I'm beat from shift). Troy version of BAD lever.

BCM 16" BFH mid length, standard profile, YHM 5C2 FH, Troy Alpha 11" hand guard, X300 at 12'oclock, TA-33 with Larue mount, Sheriff of Baghdad sling.

Brahmzy
03-16-13, 19:11
I'm staring at 5 1/2 dream builds.

Building dream rifles isn't the problem, finding/making the dang time to use them is!

Five_Point_Five_Six
03-16-13, 19:16
New Frontier polymer lower, Optics Ready DPMS upper with a 1:9 barrel and chambered in .223 Remington, Sightmark Red Dot, a few cases of gun show reloads and all the CProducts mags that will fit inside of a UTG rifle case.

A guy can dream.......

VIP3R 237
03-16-13, 19:21
Something in the 40mw range that gives me a BJ every time i fire.

But in all seriousness a SR15 with the MRP/CQP barrel change system yet still have the E3 bolt and the other KAC advancements.

Ryno12
03-16-13, 19:22
New Frontier polymer lower, Optics Ready DPMS upper with a 1:9 barrel and chambered in .223 Remington, Sightmark Red Dot, a few cases of gun show reloads and all the CProducts mags that will fit inside of a UTG rifle case.

A guy can dream.......

Nice! But why go with such a high end RDS?

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

Brahmzy
03-16-13, 19:23

A guy can dream.......

One day...

Koshinn
03-16-13, 19:29
Dream build...

Lower:
AXTS AX556
Geissele SD-C
BAD-CASS-ST
VLTOR A5 system
Magpul STR
BCM Gunfighter grip mod1
Misc Colt LPK items

Upper:
HK 416 10.5"
Geissele Super Modular Rail
Rainier/AXTS Raptor Charging Handle
Aimpoint T-1 on Larue HK mount
Surefire M600C
Surefire SOCOM556-RC supressor and FH mount

Five_Point_Five_Six
03-16-13, 19:55
Nice! But why go with such a high end RDS?

Because NCStar is back ordered like 795 months.

Ryno12
03-16-13, 20:09
Because NCStar is back ordered like 795 months.

I 'spose I'd drop the extra cash on a Sightmark too then.

theherodied
03-16-13, 20:15
AX556
Axts raptor ch
Vltor emod with buffer tube
Noveske qd end plate
Geissele sd3g
Bad 45 short throw
Ergo grip

Bcm bfh mid length light weight 14.5 upper
Dd lite 12 rail or Geissele rail
1.5 battle comp
Bcm bcg

T1 micro with larue qd mount

Not sure about a sling or light yet.

boomhower
03-16-13, 20:28
Lower:
Noveske Gen II lower
SSA trigger
STR stock

Upper:
VLTOR MUR slick side upper
DD 14.5" LW midlength barrel
13" Troy Alpha Rail
1.5" Battlecomp
Troy flippers
BCM Mod 4 CH

If I can do away with laws as well make it a 12.5" barrel with Surefire suppressor.

Not really a lot different than what I have now but some differences.

Bigninja
03-16-13, 20:33
Lower:
Noveske gen2
Daniel Defense parts kit
SSA trigger
Miad grip
Vltor re-1 tube
CTR stock
H buffer and carbine spring

Upper:
Noveske marked mur1a upper
Noveske 14.5" n4 barrel
Noveske or youngs nm bcg
Kac urx3.1
Pinned battlecomp

I'd top it off with either a t1 in a kac mount or a nightforce 2.5-10x.

DiabhailGadhar
03-16-13, 21:05
M1A1 Abrams...or a Montana Class Battleship..:D

Seriously though it would probably be a Noveske built 16" light Recce w/ NSR
spare 300 blk 10.2 upper
aimpoint m4s 2moa dot in larue qd mount
W/ 3x magnifier in larue qd flip to side

or

scar 17 with standard, DMR, and cqb barrel set ups
elcan 1-4x

both would carry knights arm's master key and surefire x400's and aac silencer's

both selectfires with burst not auto

you said dream right?

jbusmc1986
03-16-13, 21:42
I have it.

BCM lower with Gunfighter Mod 1 grip, Giselle SSA trigger, MagPul stock (name escapes me cause I'm beat from shift). Troy version of BAD lever.

BCM 16" BFH mid length, standard profile, YHM 5C2 FH, Troy Alpha 11" hand guard, X300 at 12'oclock, TA-33 with Larue mount, Sheriff of Baghdad sling.

Not far off from what I have, exact same lower with a 14.5 in lightweight upper with a pinned surefire break, moe fore end (about to be troy D), and just about to order an aimpoint H1 and mount from larue.

I absolutely love the Geiselle trigger and the surefire break, best two purchases I have ever made.

jerrysimons
03-16-13, 23:03
Lower:
Noveske Gen II lower
SSA trigger
STR stock

Upper:
VLTOR MUR slick side upper
DD 14.5" LW midlength barrel
13" Troy Alpha Rail
1.5" Battlecomp
Troy flippers
BCM Mod 4 CH

If I can do away with laws as well make it a 12.5" barrel with Surefire suppressor.

Not really a lot different than what I have now but some differences.

Reminds me of Noveske's initial Thunder Ranch rifle, after which they used an 11" NSR in place of the Troy ( http://noveskerifleworks.com/cgi-bin/imcart/display.cgi?item_id=r-trsc-556&cat=152&page=1&search=&since=&status=&title= ).

For an Ultra-light build I would basically do the same as the Thunder Ranch 20oz 14.5" Skinny profile barrel w/ 11" NSR but with standard receivers. IIRC, the standard mil-spec lower is a little under an once lighter (.9oz) than the Gen II (Noveske standard lower w/ MOE poly trigger guard is only . 7oz less than Noveske Gen 2 lower w/ integral trigger guard). The Vltor MUR w/o forward assist weighs about the same as a standard upper with f/a, and If you don't care about the f/a, the flat-side, standard type upper ( http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=2940 ) is 1.3oz lighter still. Pin a 2.2oz BCE 1.5 and clamp a 1.1 oz DD fixed front sight in place of the Troy and you are well into a 5 pound rifle with out sacrificing quality and performance.

Bigninja
03-16-13, 23:10
Reminds me of Noveske's initial Thunder Ranch rifle, after which they used an 11" NSR in place of the Troy ( http://noveskerifleworks.com/cgi-bin/imcart/display.cgi?item_id=r-trsc-556&cat=152&page=1&search=&since=&status=&title= ).

For an Ultra-light build I would basically do the same as the Thunder Ranch 20oz 14.5" Skinny profile barrel w/ 11" NSR but with standard receivers. IIRC, the standard mil-spec lower is a little over an once lighter than the Gen II. The Vltor MUR w/o forward assist weighs about the same as a standard upper with f/a, and If you don't care about the f/a, the flat-side, standard type upper ( http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=2940 ) is 1.3oz lighter still. Pin a 2.2oz BCE 1.5 and clamp a 1.1 oz DD fixed front sight in place of the Troy and you are well into a 5 pound rifle with out sacrificing quality and performance.

I have a noveske that was custom built when they came out with the skinny profile n4 barrel. It has the 13" Troy rail with standard receivers with a pinned 51t blackout. I'll weigh it tomorrow and post the weight.

bigbang
03-16-13, 23:30
I'm in the process of building my dream build but it is taking a while due to all the assholes buying and reselling. BCM upper, BCM lower, BCM 14.5 BFH middy barrel, Noveske 13.5 NSR, Geissele SD3G, BCE 1.5. Locating a new BCG is proving to be akin to finding bigfoot as I abso****inglutely refuse to pay the ridiculous prices being asked on EE.

Now if everything is banned I guess I'll have to pay but until AR's are banned I refuse to pay $400 for a BCG.

I've been watching all the sites closely and over the months have managed to find and buy every part new from raineer, midway, bcm, g&r, etc. I was looking for a VLTOR MUR-1A but I kept seeing them being sold way over retail by some hoarder with 4 or 5 of them for sale. As I stated before I refuse to pay the inflated ridiculous prices the gougers are asking on GB and other classifieds.

kmrtnsn
03-16-13, 23:34
This is the beauty of Frankenguns. When done right, they are the builder's dream gun, done just the way the builder intended, with only the parts the builder wanted.

Bigninja
03-16-13, 23:51
This is the beauty of Frankenguns. When done right, they are the builder's dream gun, done just the way the builder intended, with only the parts the builder wanted.

It's also the beauty of places like adco when you don't have the tools, time, or experience.

bigbang
03-16-13, 23:58
This is the beauty of Frankenguns. When done right, they are the builder's dream gun, done just the way the builder intended, with only the parts the builder wanted.I do the same with my PC's. The only commercial PC I ever purchased was in 1990-91 and it was a used 286. Since then I've built every PC with only the parts I want.

grunz
03-17-13, 00:51
I have a 16inch noveske n4 set up very similar to below with a Specter dr but I have been thinking a lot about a lw setup as follows.

BCM 14.5 LW middy and BCM comp - flattest/softest shooting gun I ever tried when I shot one at an lms class.

And:
BCM mod 1 grip.
Noveske NSR 13.5 or 11.
A5 buffer.
Colt n1 stock, my cut down imod, or try sopmod bravo.
Axts modified lower.
Geiselle trigger, so far I like sd3g.
2 moa t1 on Lt mount.
X300 ultra light
A few rattle cans of aervoe

Wolverine6G
03-17-13, 05:34
EASY, Jack Carbine add EO Tech XPS2-2 and FTS 3X Mag.

I love the color on that thing.

If I had to build one

Noveske lower
Vltor MUR upper - Thanks Koshinn
Geissele SSA FC
BCM BHF LW 14.5 barrel Middy
Vltor A5 RE and buffer
BCM BCG
Magpul STR
BCM mod 1grip
BCM back up flip ups
Geissele 13" MK1 Sand
EoTech xps2-2 and 3x mag

Koshinn
03-17-13, 05:37
EASY, Jack Carbine add EO Tech XPS2-2 and FTS 3X Mag.

I love the color on that thing.

If I had to build one

Noveske lower
Noveske MUR upper
Geissele SSA FC
BCM BHF LW 14.5 barrel Middy
Vltor A5 RE and buffer
Magpul STR
BCM mod 1grip
BCM back up flip ups
Geissele 13" MK1 Sand
EoTech xps2-2 and 3x mag

A Noveske MUR upper won't fit a Geissele Mk1. Just sayin.

Wolverine6G
03-17-13, 06:06
A Noveske MUR upper won't fit a Geissele Mk1. Just sayin.

Ahhh I see where the top part would usually slide in the Noveske Mur is more curved. Thanks for the info. It fits great with my Vltor MUR

Campbell
03-17-13, 06:45
Factory Knight SBR.

guitarist1993
03-17-13, 08:33
The Larue PredatOBR is damn near my dream rifle. Drop a Geissele sd3g in and a Burris xtr on top, and I'd be a happy camper.

jerrysimons
03-17-13, 08:57

Good point. Though I focused the thread originally on a dream build with the ability to combine parts from different companies that have exclusive rights to them, and therefore are not available in configuration with innovative features from other companies. The good news for many of you is the dream build that you posted is attainable, given funds of coarse. I am not holding my breath on my build though :p