PDA

View Full Version : Daniel Defense AR15 Problems?

LouisianaGunner12
03-16-13, 20:10
When the gun scare dies down (or perhaps if) I was planning on buying a "top tier" AR. I want an absolutely reliable one that will last a lifetime and will be shot a lot. I was considering Daniel Defense.

Anyone had any problems with them? Was Daniel Defense in legal trouble at one time or am I thinking of Sabre Defense?

polymorpheous
03-16-13, 20:15
Hmm...
Perhaps Google may help you.

boomhower
03-16-13, 20:16
Your thinking of Saber. I've had two DD rifles and they have been 100% since day one. I've carried one as a patrol rifle for three years. It's lived with the mistreatment and general neglect I'm ashamed to admit but still goes bang every time I pull the trigger. I have complete faith in the rifle. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one.

eternal24k
03-16-13, 20:18
I cannot think of DD being in any legal problems, Sabre was for sure.

I have 3 DD uppers (10.3, 11.5, and 14.5 middy), they are absolutely fantastic, extremely accurate and I have not had a malfunction or failure in any of them. My only gripes are that 2 of them are very tight on lowers, need to bang the pins out, BUT not a real complaint, just an observation. My 10.3" might be a little over gassed, no problems just seems to be pretty generous on the gas port, very dirty when comparing it to other builds during carbine classes with same ammo/round count. This was one of the first 10.3" barrels, so things might have changed. DD is one of my favorite companies out there, i would buy with confidence

Bigninja
03-16-13, 20:22
I think that was sabre defense or whatever the name is. I had an early m4v1 when they first hit the market and did experience some problems. The gun shot fine but sometimes if I tried to eject a round by pulling on the charging handle it wouldn't budge. I would have to pull the charging handle while slamming the buttstock on a solid surface. I couldn't find any burrs in the chamber and it was with quality ammo. Never did figure it out and sold the upper with full disclosure. Still have the lower and I've been looking for an upper for it. I've had another dd upper that never had problems.

I've heard of a few problems here and there but every company has some lemons every so often. I wouldn't give a second thought to buying another if I could find one.

JSantoro
03-16-13, 20:30
Read.
The.
Stickied.
Knowledge Base.
Threads.

Pretty please.