PDA

View Full Version : MAS-1936

CornCod
03-16-13, 23:29
Spotted a Syrian rebel shooting an MAS-1936 in recent fighting there in a piece of war footage. Syria was a French post-WW-I trustee territory for awhile so it all makes sense. Always a thrill to see the old guns in action.

Rifleman_04
03-17-13, 04:39
Those look like neat guns but I don't know much about them.

A local shop has a nice one that I've messed with a bit but I don't know how availability of that type of ammo is or I might have snagged it up.

Deputy Dan
03-17-13, 18:38
Easy to load for and Prvi manufactures brass... before that you had to convert 6.5X55 brass to 7.5X54.

sgtrock82
03-28-13, 12:23
MAS 36 is an aquired taste from a shooting standpoint. The sights are coarse but I think good for a battle sight. The trigger is usually heavy and rough. The LOP is short and the bolt looks weird but it all works well. 7.5x54 isnt easy to find, prvi makes it and there is surplus to be found every so often. The french surplus from the 60s and 70s is excellent and fairly accurate for military ball ammo(2.5-3.5"). Anything older should be considered carefully as the primer reliability seems to fall off on the older ammo and I will only buy it if cheap and break it down to use the powder and bullet. There is alot of syrian surplus ammo on the market (as well as some syrian contract MAS 49 semi autos) some people claim it shoots but I have yet to get more then 5 to fire out of a box of 15 and find a good number of shooters share that experience.

brushy bill
03-31-13, 20:51
Deleted