PDA

View Full Version : Guns And Ammo Ranks The States...

SteyrAUG
03-17-13, 12:53
http://www.gunsandammo.com/2013/03/14/ga-ranks-the-best-states-for-gun-owners-in-2013/

SteyrAUG
03-17-13, 12:55
12. Florida

CCW/Open Carry: 7
MSRs: 10
Class 3/NFA: 10
Castle Doctrine: 10
Miscellaneous: 9
TOTAL: 46

Florida is a Shall-Issue CCW state and leader of the modern CCW movement; no disclosure to LE required. No open carry is allowed except when hunting/fishing. There are no restrictions on MSRs or magazine capacity. Florida has a Stand Your Ground law made famous in the Trayvon Martin case. Only 25 percent of Florida residents are gun owners.

polymorpheous
03-17-13, 12:56
Machine guns are legal in WI.
Fact checkers should check facts.

xjustintimex
03-17-13, 13:14
The great Arizona migration

nml
03-17-13, 13:29
I didn't get past the first slide as they wrote "assault weapons". Ugh. Let's use the English language please.

duece71
03-17-13, 13:32
Ohio behind Wisconsin??? That was a surprise.

ICANHITHIMMAN
03-17-13, 13:46
Not being last on the list pisses me off **** YOU DC, **** YOU

scottryan
03-17-13, 13:47
That ****ing ranking is bullshit.

NE should not be ranked below communist shitholes MI and OH

JBecker 72
03-17-13, 14:09
Some of those rankings seem a bit off to me.

Florida has a Stand Your Ground law made famous in the Trayvon Martin case.

This made me laugh when I read it. A lot of good that law did to help Zimmerman...

DarrinD2
03-17-13, 14:13
You're all welcome down here in Arizona, #1

Ryno12
03-17-13, 14:18
You're all welcome down here in Arizona, #1

Thanks... but no thanks. Way too close to "el shithole' ".

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

C-grunt
03-17-13, 14:56
God I love Arizona

Koshinn
03-17-13, 15:03
The only restriction on non nfa assault weapons in Hawaii are "assault pistols." I also call bs on this.

SteyrAUG
03-17-13, 15:26

They at least defined their criteria.

munch520
03-17-13, 15:38

And we don't like you either

gun71530
03-17-13, 15:51
This article is shit.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Mjolnir
03-17-13, 16:22
As nice as New Hampshire and Vermont are HOW, pray tell, do you get there?

I had to turn down a very nice job offer once you realize you have to travel through that other nation - NY to get there and leave...

Alaskapopo
03-17-13, 16:34

I had to turn down a very nice job offer once you realize you have to travel through that other nation - NY to get there and leave...

They have these things called planes.:smile:
Pat

armakraut
03-17-13, 17:02
Arizona also leads the country in tatted up white trailer trash single moms with bad personalities who don't know what state their biological father lives in.

But other than that and the lack of jobs because the jackasses at the State Capitol tax us at California levels on Alabama wages, god bless the Grand Canyon State.

montanadave
03-17-13, 17:24
For anybody thinking about movin' out west, two key facts to remember:

1. Montana is an absolute hellhole. :bad:

2. Casper, WY is widely considered by those in the know as "the Riviera of the Mountain West." :secret:

Airhasz
03-17-13, 17:28

NE is a shithole...

PA PATRIOT
03-17-13, 17:43
Hell its Guns and Ammo for Pete's sake, who gives two shits what they print. Back in the day they were a decent gun magazine but now they a solely driven by advertising dollars and their "Reviews" are heavily slanted.

Clint
03-17-13, 17:59

Not sure why you think michigan is a commie shithole.

OK, Detroit is the low point in that regard, but the rest of the state is great.

Sen. Carl Levin is retiring next year.

Safetyhit
03-17-13, 18:02
Disregard.

Mjolnir
03-17-13, 18:28
They have these things called planes.:smile:
Pat

I cannot fly my household goods into NH and I won't be able to fly them out at some later date. The problem (outside the obvious) is driving home over the holidays would become unnecessarily overly complicated.

I'm pretty sure we will be curtailed from flying our hobby toys across the country soon, too, which would make the predicament even more precarious.

streck
03-17-13, 18:39

You can drive through NY as long as you don't stop for anything more than is necessary. I've done it several times.

Magic_Salad0892
03-17-13, 18:56
You can't own a suppressor in VT. How was that one near the top?

lethal dose
03-17-13, 19:00

OH is extremely gun owner friendly. Last I knew, they were passing CCW in establishments where alcohol could be consumed as long as the CCWer was not consuming alcohol. Ohio is mostly ultra conservative. Many of those conservatives only vote dem because they are union blue dogs. OH ex governer Strickland (dem) was very pro gun.

SMETNA
03-17-13, 20:16
New Hampshire!!!

FlyingHunter
03-17-13, 20:23
Georgia - Lucky #13.

But Unlucky if you plan on being a "Bad Guy"

Example given (a case that made national news):

WSBTV (Loganville, GA), January 4, 2013

A woman hiding in her attic with children shot an intruder multiple times before fleeing to safety Friday.

The incident happened at a home on Henderson Ridge Lane in Loganville around 1 p.m. The woman was working in an upstairs office when she spotted a strange man outside a window, according to Walton County Sheriff Joe Chapman. He said she took her 9-year-old twins to a crawlspace before the man broke in using a crowbar.

But the man eventually found the family.

“The perpetrator opens that door. Of course, at that time he’s staring at her, her two children and a .38 revolver,” Chapman told Channel 2’s Kerry Kavanaugh.

The woman then shot him five times, but he survived, Chapman said. He said the woman ran out of bullets but threatened to shoot the intruder if he moved.

CarlosDJackal
03-17-13, 22:04
That ranking is such BS. They gave a Shall-Issue state that allows open carry anywhere (to include a vehicle) the same score as another Shall-Issue state that does not allow open carry in vehicles. WTF? :confused:

glocktogo
03-17-13, 23:41
Author is a complete tard. Oklahoma is 30th with a (4) rank on NFA and (7) on CCW/Open Carry? EVERY category on the NFA registry is legal in OK and Trusts don't have to be registered. No state registration on any type of firearm and we have full shall issue CCW/Open Carry here. Short of constitutional carry, what exactly is better?

The author did a shitty research job. I award him NO points!

SteyrAUG
03-17-13, 23:49
The author did a shitty research job. I award him NO points!

Maybe let the author know.

Bubba FAL
03-18-13, 00:07
#9, could be much worse...

a1fabweld
03-18-13, 00:20
tatted up white trailer trash single moms with bad personalities who don't know what state their biological father lives in

Where do I sign up! Sounds like marriage material! They prolly know how to work a brass pole too!

jpmuscle
03-18-13, 01:15
Impressed to see that kentucky ranked #5 overall. That definitely moved that state up on my list of prospective relocation venues.

Most excellent.

brickboy240
03-18-13, 15:18
Texas often gets a low grade because we do not have open carry.

BFD....we also have what is called an ECONOMY!

OC all you want but it does not mean shit if you cannot put food on the table.

We also don't shovel snow....another plus if you ask me.

-brickboy240

glocktogo
03-18-13, 15:42
Maybe let the author know.

I posted a comment on their site. :D

Ironman8
03-18-13, 15:47
For anybody thinking about movin' out west, two key facts to remember:

1. Montana is an absolute hellhole. :bad:

2. Casper, WY is widely considered by those in the know as "the Riviera of the Mountain West." :secret:

Nice try Dave :sarcastic:

AKDoug
03-18-13, 16:33
Lack of Castle Doctrine law is the only thing keeping Alaska from being a perfect 50....but we do have a Castle Doctrine law on the books, so the author is wrong again.

Sent from my iPhone on tapatalk

wake.joe
03-18-13, 16:48
Fudds.

Pork Chop
03-18-13, 17:21
And we don't like you either

Now now, that's not nice. :)

Seriously, this is retarded. He has Nebraska at 34? That's insane, we have shall issue, open carry, NFA, you name it.

What a joke.

munch520
03-18-13, 17:31

Seriously, this is retarded. He has Nebraska at 34? That's insane, we have shall issue, open carry, NFA, you name it.

What a joke.

:Sarcastic:

SteyrAUG
03-18-13, 17:37

What a joke.

Again, they state their criteria right next to the state.

34. Nebraska

Castle Doctrine: 5
Miscellaneous: 8
TOTAL: 40

A Shall-Issue CCW state, Nebraska requires a permit to purchase a handgun. There are no restrictions on MSRs or magazine capacity, but they have very weak law regarding self-defense in the home. Nebraska places 28th in the nation with 38.6 percent of residents listed as gun owners.

Pork Chop
03-18-13, 17:45
Again, they state their criteria right next to the state.

34. Nebraska

Castle Doctrine: 5
Miscellaneous: 8
TOTAL: 40

A Shall-Issue CCW state, Nebraska requires a permit to purchase a handgun. There are no restrictions on MSRs or magazine capacity, but they have very weak law regarding self-defense in the home. Nebraska places 28th in the nation with 38.6 percent of residents listed as gun owners.

I get it, and the lack of castle doctrine is a point of contention with alot of people here. The ****tards in the only cities we have are blocking it every time it comes up for debate.

However, the handgun "permit" isn't a big deal. It's basically a fast pass for handguns, because it's extremely easy to get and it eliminates the wait time when buying since they don't need to call it in to NICS.

Like everybody else, I see the criteria, I just disagree.

ICANHITHIMMAN
03-18-13, 17:55
Lets make our own list

Jer
03-18-13, 18:09
Texas often gets a low grade because we do not have open carry.

BFD....we also have what is called an ECONOMY!

OC all you want but it does not mean shit if you cannot put food on the table.

We also don't shovel snow....another plus if you ask me.

-brickboy240

These are some of the things that I like about Texas. Don't care much about open carry as I prefer not to so long as conceal carry is an option. Now, if TX would pass constitutional carry that would be even better.

scottryan
03-21-13, 18:21

OK, Detroit is the low point in that regard, but the rest of the state is great.

Well because it is run by commie unions, votes democrat in elections, and is not a full NFA state.

scottryan
03-21-13, 18:23
The lack of a castle doctrine should not have the same weight as NFA or AWB type restrictions.

NE should not be in the bottom half of the states.

We have:

CCW
Open Carry
CCW without a permit if you have a justifiable defense
Full NFA
No AWB type restrictions
Silencer hunting is legal for any legal animal
The handgun card is $5, waves the NICS check, and is good for 3 years. It is a fast track to skip a NICS check for any firearm and is worth having it.

Pork Chop
03-21-13, 18:44
The lack of a castle doctrine should not have the same weight as NFA or AWB type restrictions.

NE should not be in the bottom half of the states.

We have:

CCW
Open Carry
CCW without a permit if you have a justifiable defense
Full NFA
No AWB type restrictions
Silencer hunting is legal for any legal animal
The handgun card is $5, waves the NICS check, and is good for 3 years. It is a fast track to skip a NICS check for any firearm and is worth having it.

That's the point I was trying to make as well. Skipping the NICS check is wel worth the $5 card, not to mention, if you have a CCW you don't even need the damn thing.

Other than constitutional carry & castle doctrine what the hell else do they want? We have it pretty damn good.

Heartland Hawk
03-21-13, 21:58
This IS a bulllshit ranking:

South Dakota has:
Open Carry,
they have NO NFA restrictions,
Can't carry in schools, but we have the 51% law,
Over 56% of residents are gun owners, putting us #4 IN THE NATION,
Shall Issue,
Recognizes CCW's From EVERY STATE!
Castle Doctrine (incorrect info in the article)
CCW requires NO TRAINING (and only costs $10 for four years)

and they rank #27.....Whatever.

Alaskapopo
03-21-13, 22:02
Alaska is #3. :dance3:

AKDoug
03-21-13, 22:46
We'll be number one when they pass further Stand Your Ground legislation.

Sent from my iPhone on tapatalk

munch520
03-22-13, 08:12

Well because it is run by commie unions, votes democrat in elections, and is not a full NFA state.

I missed how Ohio is not full NFA. Wait, it is. Tell me more about my state...

The_War_Wagon
03-22-13, 08:43
PA is rising, now that we have castle doctrine, but I think a LOTTA states are also sinking, which helps us out.

Now if we could jettison the two blue anchors :rolleyes: , we'd be in high cotton! :D

trio
03-22-13, 08:46
He is also wrong in Virginia

Only machine guns have to be registered, not all NFA items, with the state police

This clearly has negatively impacted gun owners....since we have more legal machine guns in Virginia than any other state

munch520
03-22-13, 09:03
PA is rising, now that we have castle doctrine

CD is great! Does PA extend that right to vehicles as well?

ChicagoTex
03-22-13, 09:40
Hell its Guns and Ammo for Pete's sake, who gives two shits what they print. Back in the day they were a decent gun magazine but now they a solely driven by advertising dollars and their "Reviews" are heavily slanted.

What he said. I stopped giving a rats ass about Guns & Ammo after going through like a year and a half of issues where the front-page gun was another sub-model of Para-Ordnance's line of shitty double-action-only 1911s every other month.

I see their complete lack of journalistic integrity continues apace.

scottryan
03-22-13, 09:54
I missed how Ohio is not full NFA. Wait, it is. Tell me more about my state...

I was referring to Michigan. Keep up with the thread.

tb-av
03-22-13, 10:10
He is also wrong in Virginia

Only machine guns have to be registered, not all NFA items, with the state police

This clearly has negatively impacted gun owners....since we have more legal machine guns in Virginia than any other state

Yep! and I thought NC had some NFA restrictions? Maybe I'm wrong on that. But still NC 19 and VA 24... there is no way to reason that.

munch520
03-22-13, 10:51
I was referring to Michigan. Keep up with the thread.

Here I thought you lumped both together with your first post...:sarcastic:

scottryan
03-22-13, 16:37
Here I thought you lumped both together with your first post...:sarcastic:

I did. Both are communist.

OH has a greater than 30 round magazine ban.

OH also sent bam bam to the white house twice.

munch520
03-22-13, 22:45
I did. Both are communist.

OH has a greater than 30 round magazine ban.

OH also sent bam bam to the white house twice.

Whatever you say! I don't agree with a number of laws/regs on the books, although they were just improved yet again last month. You're reaching to call it a commie state, shithole, etc.

Sorry we participate in democratic elections? Unfortunately urban areas are expanding rapidly, and blue votes for that idiot expand as well. :(

feedramp
03-23-13, 00:25
Thanks... but no thanks. Way too close to "el shithole' ".

California? Yeah but they need your help to counter the influx of California liberals trying to spread their idiocy.

scottryan
03-23-13, 01:06
Whatever you say! I don't agree with a number of laws/regs on the books, although they were just improved yet again last month. You're reaching to call it a commie state, shithole, etc.

Sorry we participate in democratic elections? Unfortunately urban areas are expanding rapidly, and blue votes for that idiot expand as well. :(

You don't deny you have a magazine ban?

A state that is full of rust belt white trash union factory workers that vote in lockstep for the democrats.

Anyone that thinks MI, OH, NC, VT is more free than NE, SD, and OK is absolutely ****ing delusional.

munch520
03-23-13, 06:17

The law is on the books how could I deny it? Does it affect me directly? No, I've never had any of the Surefire mags and sure as **** have never had a beta/drum magazine.

But we have NFA privileges, CCW in bars if we're not drinking, castle doctrine in homes/vehicles, loaded rifle mags now allowed in cars, and there's a proposal on the floor (that the governor will definitely sign) to cement our non compliance if any federal gun legislation is ever passed.

Perfect? No way, but it's progressing in the right direction. Communist? Uh no. I've lived in a few different states and travel for work to about 30 different ones a year. OH isn't perfect. But it's pretty nice mix of rights, economy, ease of commerce, supporting infrastructure, etc.

I'm not saying the comparison/ranking is correct. I'm saying you're generalizations are ****ing stupid. And inaccurate.

A state that is full of rust belt white trash union factory workers that vote in lockstep for the democrats.

Again. Generalizing based on a portion of the population. Who knows though, a number of other forum members live in OH (like Grant, Lethaldose, Deuce71, FireandFlames, etc) maybe they agree with you. And see themselves as commie, rustbelt, white trash, democrats.

Maybe I view it through a different lens since I live in the Capitol...

In 2009, BusinessWeek named the city as the best place in the country to raise a family. Forbes Magazine in 2008 ranked the city as the no. 1 up-and-coming tech city in the nation, and the city was ranked a top ten city by Relocate America in 2010. In 2007, fDi Magazine ranked the city no. 3 in the U.S. for cities of the future, and the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium was rated no. 1 in 2009 by USA Travel Guide. In 2008, MarketWatch named Columbus as the 7th best place to do business in the nation. In 2011, the city had five corporations named to the U.S. Fortune 500 list including Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company, American Electric Power, Limited Brands, Momentive Specialty Chemicals, and Big Lots. Major foreign corporations operating or with divisions in the city include Germany-based Siemens and Roxane Laboratories, Finland-based Vaisala, Tomasco Mulciber Inc., A Y Manufacturing, Yachiyo of America and US Yachiyo, Inc.

State economy http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_Ohio

JoshNC
03-23-13, 10:14

Anyone that thinks MI, OH, NC, VT is more free than NE, SD, and OK is absolutely ****ing delusional.

NC should not be lumped in with MI, OH, and VT. It is actually a very free state. We just had our silly NFA restrictions removed by the then recently elected Republican State Legislature.

I do worry about the future of the state due to places like Asheville (with its uber-hippie liberal population), Charlotte (with its Northern banking industry transplants), and RTP (with its tech transplants from up North and out west).

NC has open carry, concealed carry, and NFA. My only gripe with the state used to be the absurd restrictions on NFA items, but that is now a thing of the past.

And NC went for Romney in the last election.

Pork Chop
03-23-13, 10:16
Are you two still at this? :)

For what it's worth, I hardly view OH as communist. NY, CA, MA, etc., yes, but not OH. I travel alot too, in fact there's only a couple of the lower 48 I haven't spent time in, and I'd pick OH over a large number of states I DO view as communist.

In my humble opinion, Ohio's biggest downfall is too many urban centers that are swaying their vote toward liberal ****tardism. I'd say we can debate the pros & cons of having large population centers, but that would likely end the same way.

There are several "free" states ranked way too damn low on this report. There are plenty of communist shitholes we can argue over, guys.