PDA

View Full Version : Apex Striker block spring

callen3615
03-17-13, 13:31
Hi, I have 2 m&ps. 1 is a full size with and apex striker block and ram in it, the other is a compact that has a ram and no striker block. I ground down the OEM striker block to resemble the apex. The problem I have now is that the stock spring is much stronger than the apex supplied spring, does apex sell lightened striker block springs?

The take up on my 9c is less smooth than my full size because I can feel the stock spring compressing and stacking, its unpleasant compared to the full size. I clipped a few coils off the original spring but the feeling of the spring stacking still remains. Any ideas for removing this feeling, I would like to keep the striker block functional too. Its kind of important.

Thanks

glock6477
03-18-13, 15:16
I would buy the USB from Apex and call it a learning experience.

callen3615
03-18-13, 15:33
Im not paying 30$ to get a spring.

What I have learned from working on the m&ps is that while apex does a good job with the drop in parts, custom fitted parts far exceed the drop in parts.

If I could just find a lighter spring...

orlanger
03-18-13, 16:46
Contact Apex customer service via the number listed on their site. They will sell you just the spring if that's what you need. You'll have it a few days. Just ordered a sear spring last week. It was $6 shipped. Easy day.

callen3615
03-18-13, 17:24
Contact Apex customer service via the number listed on their site. They will sell you just the spring if that's what you need. You'll have it a few days. Just ordered a sear spring last week. It was $6 shipped. Easy day.

Sweet, thanks man.

morbidbattlecry
03-19-13, 15:13
I don't think clipping springs and grinding on the striker block is a good idea.

glock6477
03-22-13, 19:58
I don't think clipping springs and grinding on the striker block is a good idea.

I know I don't feel comfortable doing that either,but to each his own.