PDA

View Full Version : NFA items in Georgia

TheWaker43
03-17-13, 14:00
I am hoping to get an AAC Element 2 silencer for my Ruger and was wondering if anybody has advice on where to purchase one in the Metro Atlanta area. I live just north of the city in the Woodstock/ Acworth area. I had been talking to a guy over the past couple weeks and he seemed pretty knowledgeable and was always quick to respond. Said he was going to get an info pack and forms mailed to me so I could send in the paperwork. I was ready to purchase it but he has since stopped responding, no clue why. I am going to give him a call tomorrow but in the mean time anyone have suggestions for a first time NFA purchaser in Georgia. Thanks.

MontePR
03-17-13, 14:47
Bullseye in Lawrenceville. They're an AAC dealer. You might want to check 400 gun and pawn in Douglasville.

Troy9749
03-17-13, 16:25
Have you tried Cherokee Gun and Pawn? Great guys to deal with. I'm pretty sure that I have seen AAC cans in there. I'm going Wednesday to pick up my gemtech can, I'll try and remember to check and update you.

This was my first NFA purchase, and they were really helpful.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

bullittmcqueen
03-17-13, 16:34
They are not in the metro area but if you want top notch service and a wide selection, go with Clyde Armory in Bogart. They do great business. A close buddy of mine has bought multiple cans there and always been very satisfied.

MontePR
03-17-13, 17:48
Have you tried Cherokee Gun and Pawn? Great guys to deal with. I'm pretty sure that I have seen AAC cans in there. I'm going Wednesday to pick up my gemtech can, I'll try and remember to check and update you.

This was my first NFA purchase, and they were really helpful.

You mean the one in Roswell?

Troy9749
03-17-13, 17:53
Canton, the address is Knox Bridge Hwy.

(678) 880-7956

Should be pretty close to the OP.

TheWaker43
03-17-13, 19:24
I actually bought my Ruger 22/ 45 from Cherokee Gun and Pawn just a few weeks ago and noticed that they were an AAC dealer. But I did not really look at them because I thought things were going well with the other place I was dealing with.

They are close and my brother has bought a handful of firearms from them, always been a good experience. Did they help much with the paperwork end of it? I would honestly like to go the trust route.

Redbeardsong
03-17-13, 19:32
If you don't find one closer to you, Clyde Armory did just get in a shipment of AAC suppressors, including Element 2s.

I can recommend Jin Kim for NFA trusts

Http://www.kimfirm.com

Troy9749
03-17-13, 19:41
I had already created my trust on an old version of Willmaker prior to going in. They reviewed it and told me of one possible issue, but said that if the BATF rejected it they could fix it an it would only delay me for a week.

Otherwise all I did was sign where they told me and hand them the cash and check.

Since the stamp is in I guess my trust is legal.

FlyingHunter
03-17-13, 20:00
Another good dealer is Autrey's Armory in Fayetteville - South of ATL