PDA

View Full Version : Possible mass shooting at UCF prevented by suicide

GeorgiaBoy
03-18-13, 18:42
At least this guy knew to kill himself BEFORE going on a rampage...

http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/18/us/florida-ucf-body-found/?hpt=hp_t1

When police entered the dorm room, they found Seevakumaran, dead from an apparent self-inflicted single gunshot wound to the head, a handgun, an assault weapon, a couple hundred rounds of ammunition, and four improvised explosive devices in a backpack.

montanadave
03-18-13, 18:56
Finally, one of these dickheads gets it right and takes himself out first.

Initial reports sound like this could have been bad. Very bad.

streck
03-18-13, 19:00
Finally, one of these dickheads gets it right and takes himself out first.

Initial reports sound like this could have been bad. Very bad.

This.

ForTehNguyen
03-18-13, 19:05
see a gun stopped him because he could kill people. They were talking about how he had an assault weapon. They showed a picture of it on the news and it was a GSG22 :rolleyes:

Honu
03-18-13, 19:31
OK plan get ammo and some explosives CHECK
go on rampage CHECK
OH kill myself first so they cant take me alive wow great idea CHECK !

BOOM !

SteyrAUG
03-18-13, 19:49
They were talking about how he had an assault weapon. They showed a picture of it on the news and it was a GSG22 :rolleyes:

Yep, even by the liberal definition it doesn't count. It's a ****ing rimfire.

jpmuscle
03-19-13, 02:04
see a gun stopped him because he could kill people. They were talking about how he had an assault weapon. They showed a picture of it on the news and it was a GSG22 :rolleyes:

How about the fact that had EXPLOSIVES... guess that's irrelevant.

Belmont31R
03-19-13, 02:12
How about the fact that had EXPLOSIVES... guess that's irrelevant.

The news said all day it was an assault weapon, and find out here it was a 22.

Explosives could be a number of things.

eodinert
03-19-13, 02:22
Usually when the media says 'explosives' they mean flash powder, or smokeless powder.

Moose-Knuckle
03-19-13, 02:30
The news said all day it was an assault weapon, and find out here it was a 22.

Explosives could be a number of things.

Yeap, heard on ABC radio that they found a .22 "assault rifle" in his dorm with "high capacity ammuntion clips" and three "IEDs" in his backpack. :rolleyes:

Honu
03-19-13, 03:15
if a kid had a red rider BB gun and some lady fingers I bet he would be mentioned as some radical who had explosives and a high capacity assault rifle by the left

Palmguy
03-19-13, 07:23
Glad one of these idiots finally killed themselves before killing anyone else.

My Facebook feed lit up with this story yesterday morning as I went to UCF. UCF is a large campus, and one of the largest in terms of enrollment in the country. There is a fairly substantial police department but as we all know this guy would have had several minutes unopposed (at best), as the state prohibits campus carry.

montanadave
03-19-13, 08:00
I understand to tendency to belittle this dipshit and indict the press for sensationalizing this story as more facts emerge detailing exactly what weapons this guy had at his disposal. However, I think it's a mistake to minimize the deleterious impact another "mass shooting incident" would have had given the ongoing political debate on gun control taking place in both state capitals and in Washington.

SteyrAUG
03-19-13, 13:09
I understand to tendency to belittle this dipshit and indict the press for sensationalizing this story as more facts emerge detailing exactly what weapons this guy had at his disposal. However, I think it's a mistake to minimize the deleterious impact another "mass shooting incident" would have had given the ongoing political debate on gun control taking place in both state capitals and in Washington.

Without question the media would have treated it exactly as IF he had a genuine MP5 and a backpack full of IEDs just like you find in Iraq. In fact they did their best to hype the non event.

We're just sick of it. They mentioned hundreds of rounds. To me that sounds like 3-4 bricks of .22s just like my friends and I purchased in Junior High at the sporting goods store with our paper route money.

sandman99and9
03-19-13, 13:17
I live in Orlando and the first reports were that he had about 200 rounds of ammo and started stockpiling in Feb ( couple weeks ago ? )

This morning on local news it was stated that he had an assault weapon and hundreds of rounds of ammo :mad:

It was initially reported as a suicide but now the media is riding it for all they can get.

They even asked the question "How often does the university search the dorms ?" I bet there are a lot more guns on campus than they think.

S.M.

Moose-Knuckle
03-19-13, 15:24
However, I think it's a mistake to minimize the deleterious impact another "mass shooting incident" would have had given the ongoing political debate on gun control taking place in both state capitals and in Washington.

No doubt Dave.

After Aurora: How Mayor Bloomberg Planned to Make the Next Massacre Count

http://politicker.com/2013/03/after-aurora-how-mayor-bloomberg-planned-to-make-the-next-massacre-count/

SteyrAUG
03-19-13, 15:49
Also did anyone notice that NBC nightly news declared the caliber to be a .22 MAGNUM? Which of course is completely untrue, but sounds scary.

SOWT
03-20-13, 08:44
Also did anyone notice that NBC nightly news declared the caliber to be a .22 MAGNUM? Which of course is completely untrue, but sounds scary.

I thought the Police chief in his media brief used the term .22 magnum?

Why did it take 90 days to evict someone who wasn't attending/registered for classes?

wahoo95
03-20-13, 08:48
My gut tells me the loser had a plan but didnt have the guts to pull it off so he just killed himself.

Someone needs to start a campaign to get these guys some girlfriends. I swear everytine I see one they look like the biggest losers. I promise you if they had girlfriends they would hate themselves for being the socially challenged weirdos they are and stay too busy keeping them happy to be planning this kinds dumb stuff.

"If you're gonna be dumb you gotta be tough"

streck
03-20-13, 09:22
Glad one of these idiots finally killed themselves before killing anyone else.

My Facebook feed lit up with this story yesterday morning as I went to UCF. UCF is a large campus, and one of the largest in terms of enrollment in the country. There is a fairly substantial police department but as we all know this guy would have had several minutes unopposed (at best), as the state prohibits campus carry.

My wife attended (1996) and was following the story as well.

Sam
03-20-13, 09:38
Saw a report on one of the network news last night that showed the sicko ordered and received a Blackhawk tactical sling (those things must be super lethal) and two full capacity (massive ammunition capacity) magazines for his GSG22. They made it sounded like he ordered and received plutonium or something.

Moose-Knuckle
03-20-13, 15:12
My gut tells me the loser had a plan but didnt have the guts to pull it off so he just killed himself.

Someone needs to start a campaign to get these guys some girlfriends. I swear everytine I see one they look like the biggest losers. I promise you if they had girlfriends they would hate themselves for being the socially challenged weirdos they are and stay too busy keeping them happy to be planning this kinds dumb stuff.

Negative, we don't need to get these douche nozzles a girlfriend. No girl deserves that. God forbid these oxygen thieves were to procreate. Would you like for your daughter to be the lucky gal? I think not.

If they are that bad then we need to purge them from society once and for all.

SteyrAUG
03-20-13, 18:07

Sounds like he ran out of time. Pulled the fire alarm per his plan but it sounds like the police response was faster than he imagined and he didn't have the stones to take on cops who can shoot back so he checked himself out.

jaxman7
03-20-13, 18:41
Sounds like he ran out of time. Pulled the fire alarm per his plan but it sounds like the police response was faster than he imagined and he didn't have the stones to take on cops who can shoot back so he checked himself out.

My sentiments exactly. Just like Sandy Hook. When the realization that a real and swift countermeasure to their plan is coming their way all bets are off. They know they aren't going to make it out alive or have it easy. So......out with the brains.

Dorner the possible exception.

-Jax