PDA

View Full Version : M&P shooters...I need sight help

chilic82
03-18-13, 20:06
I have been shooting an HK P2000 for the past year. I have recently acquired a M&P 9 from Grant with factory Night Sites. Where do you guys recommend on the sight hold at 7,15 & 25 yrds? I was always taught that on HK's the bullet impact is right behind the front dot. Is this the same for M&P's or is it different.I shoot mostly 115 grain bullets if that matters.

Lomshek
03-18-13, 20:55
Grant might be able to give you an idea but the only way to know is to put some rounds through it at the distances you're concerned about with your load and see what you get then change sight height if needed.

chilic82
03-18-13, 21:31
Yea, I need to get some rounds thru it. Just wasn't sure what was standard, what hold they use at the factory is on the platform.

Snake_207
03-18-13, 22:05
All my M&Ps have been POA/POI, FWIW.

Salamander
03-19-13, 15:36
Coincidentally I just had my P2000sk (9mm LEM) and M&P 45 at the range last night. Both were at 15 yards.

For elevation, the P2000sk shot, as you say, right behind the front dot. For some reason the group was centered about an inch left, which that gun doesn't usually do so it was either ammo (first time I've shot CCI Blazer 115 gr through that gun), wind, or me.

The M&P 45 shot on center, and relative to the P2000sk I'd say it shot about an inch higher given the same point of aim.

Both hit mostly within the four inch circle on the target, and the difference was minor enough to be attributable to different ammo or to differences in grip on the two very different guns.

It's just one data point and for different calibers. It did surprise me a little that the subcompact shot the same size group as the full size gun.

Doc. Holiday
03-19-13, 17:25
I have an M&P 45 and a 9mm. I have shot the .40 a lot as well and all three behind the front sight for me. Just my two cents.

theblackknight
03-19-13, 17:50
Normal range ammo (115gr speer) will hit behind the front sight close in like 0 to 5y with a FS and factory nite sights past that its top of sight.

sent from mah gun,using my sights