PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice please

jdm
03-19-13, 00:19
I have a BCM middy 16 with a fsb and I am wanting to change the rail that came with it. I am looking at getting a Centurion rail but not really sure which one to get. I was wondering if some of you can help me. I would like toget a 12 inch rail but I can't because of the fsb so I would have to get the mid length cut out rail. So my friend said to low pro my current fsb and get a straight 12 inch rail but I am afraid that will void my warranty. So if you were me would you get the mid length cut out rail, low pro my current fsb or just replace my current 9 inch rail with a Centurion 9 inch free float rail. Any info would be great and thanks for your time.

Degs
03-19-13, 00:29
Are you dead set on Centurion? Do you want to get rid of your fsb? Do you really need a free float? Do you want to spend $300 on another rail?

Seems like you know your options, the rest is up to you. If you explain why, you'll get more help.

Btw, I was in the exact same boat, and once I answered the questions above, I kept my MOE and bought ammo.

jdm
03-19-13, 01:21
I would really like to keep my fsb just because I believe that if I change anything about it from the way it is from the factory then I believe that voids my warranty but I could be wrong, maybe someone else on here can help me with that part.

The reason I want a Centurion is because I have a DD rail on my DD V5 and thought I would try something different even though I really like my DD rail a lot. The rail I have on there now is a Midwest industries rail that came with my gun and it serves the gun well it is just a little wide in my opinion compared to my DD rail and I just thought I would change it.

I really don't need a free float rail but if I was going to buy a new rail I thought I would go with a free float. I guess really don't need to change out the rail since I have my V5 with a free float rail, I could probably just leave my BCM alone and run it the way that it is. I guess I am looking for some opinions of more experienced guy's on here as to what they would do if they were me. Thanks again for your time and advice.

tinman44
03-19-13, 02:29
Sounds like you answered your own question. I am in the same position and I am going to grind down my fsb and free float with a 12 centurian but that is what I want to do. I'm not concerned with the warranty. I can justify the cost of the rail and the work. I have a DD rail on my carbine and love it however I want to try a centurian.
My main reasons are to free float. I may go the low pro route instead of grinding down the fsb, I havent decided on that one for sure but really it would be cheaper to grind it down but the low pro allows me to return it to stock if I ever want to sell it, however I doubt this will happen so it will get back to how much cash I have at the time.

I would really like to keep my fsb just because I believe that if I change anything about it from the way it is from the factory then I believe that voids my warranty but I could be wrong, maybe someone else on here can help me with that part.

The reason I want a Centurion is because I have a DD rail on my DD V5 and thought I would try something different even though I really like my DD rail a lot. The rail I have on there now is a Midwest industries rail that came with my gun and it serves the gun well it is just a little wide in my opinion compared to my DD rail and I just thought I would change it.

I really don't need a free float rail but if I was going to buy a new rail I thought I would go with a free float. Again thanks for everyone's time and advice.