PDA

View Full Version : Was the destruction of the Death Star an inside job?

Belloc
03-19-13, 05:31
This video investigation into some rather disturbing "coincidences" makes a compelling case.
http://youtu.be/2dvv-Yib1Xg

Koshinn
03-19-13, 06:29
It wasn't 2 ft big, it was 2m big, about the size of a womp rat, which is huge.

Safetyhit
03-19-13, 07:05
Does this mean that Curious George really didn't bring down the twin towers while cleaning their windows?

Belloc
03-19-13, 07:15
Does this mean that Curious George really didn't bring down the twin towers while cleaning their windows?

Not at all, just that he was not acting alone.

Safetyhit
03-19-13, 07:20
Not at all, just that he was not acting alone.

The man with the yellow hat?? Please.

I refuse to believe it and we really don't need anymore of this crazy talk here.

Belloc
03-19-13, 07:30
It wasn't 2 ft big, it was 2m big, about the size of a womp rat, which is huge.

Yes, he misspoke there. But that does not change the fact that most experts considered it "impossible." And discovering that the construction contract for the new Death Star was awarded to Anakin Construction Inc, a subsidiary of Haliburton, methinks requires a serious re-examination of the "official" story.

Belloc
03-19-13, 07:34
The man with the yellow hat?? Please.

I refuse to believe it and we really don't need anymore of this crazy talk here.

Crazy talk? Has the man with the yellow hat ever been identified, or ever come forward to put rumors of his involvement to rest?

No. And why not?

montanadave
03-19-13, 07:37
Yes, he misspoke there. But that does not change the fact that most experts considered it "impossible." And discovering that the construction contract for the new Death Star was awarded to Anakin Construction Inc, a subsidiary of Haliburton, methinks requires a serious re-examination of the "official" story.

OK, that's kinda spooky. Because I had just started to post a tongue-in-cheek response alluding to Anakin Skywalker's construction firm being a wholly owned subsidiary of ... Halliburton Company.

Coincidence? :secret:

Koshinn
03-19-13, 07:58

Most experts? Come on, Wedge Antilles doesn't constitute "most" experts, he's just one guy with an opinion. The Rebel leadership obviously thought it was possible.

Pork Chop
03-19-13, 08:06
Most experts? Come on, Wedge Antilles doesn't constitute "most" experts, he's just one guy with an opinion. The Rebel leadership obviously thought it was possible.

It WAS possible.

Myself, and a few million others, were watching via remote drone feed and witnessed the torpedoes enter the 2m wide shaft.

You guys probably think the moon landing was a hoax too? :)

jaxman7
03-19-13, 08:22
Star Wars nerd speak.....love it.

Just like Beggars Canyon back home. ;)

-Jax

TXBob
03-19-13, 09:13
9/11 was an inside job.

Perpetrated by Kyle Broflovski.

As regards to the death star--the person who took the miracle shot was related to the person in charge of defense!

INSIDE JOB ALL THE WAY!

Clint
03-19-13, 09:51
This video investigation into some rather disturbing "coincidences" makes a compelling case.
http://youtu.be/2dvv-Yib1Xg

That was awesome.

Belloc
03-19-13, 10:07
The Rebel leadership obviously thought it was possible.

Sorry, but we simply just don't know if that is actually true. All we know is that the Rebel Alliance leadership, (i.e. Princess Leia Organa, i.e. Leia Amidala Skywalker, brother of Luke Skywalker, the pilot who never once sat in an X-Wing before, yet was able to send not one, but two magic proton tordedos into a tiny exhaust port, thought impossible, something no other experienced pilot was able to do, and who also magically survived the assault when no one else did, and who is also the daughter of Anakin Skywalker, the only person to somehow also magically survive the utter complete destruction of the space station) wanted the pilots to believe it was possible.

PA PATRIOT
03-19-13, 10:18
9/11 was an inside job.

Perpetrated by Kyle Broflovski.

I heard that the FBI was able to flip a Chessy Puff truck hi-Jacker named Eric Cartman who stated the Mossad wanted to pull the U.S. into a middle east conflict so they sent their best agent Kyle (AKA The Dreidel) in to pull the job off.

Army Chief
03-19-13, 10:50
?.. Luke Skywalker, the pilot who never once sat in an X-Wing before, yet was able to send not one, but two magic proton tordedos into a tiny exhaust port, thought impossible, something no other experienced pilot was able to do ...

Hold on a minute. I get the whole lack of flight experience thing, but wasn't the point that he was using the Schwartz?

AC

Zhurdan
03-19-13, 10:56
Hold on a minute. I get the whole lack of flight experience thing, but wasn't the point that he was using the Schwartz?

AC

Well, to be fair, it was Luke's uncle's cousin's brother's nephew's roommate who showed him how to use it.

Koshinn
03-19-13, 11:00

AC
I've flown from one side of this planet to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to make me believe there's one all-powerful Schwartz controlling everything. There's no mystical energy field that controls my destiny.

No.6
03-19-13, 11:05
I'm convinced! I'm now a "Death Star Truther"!

Army Chief
03-19-13, 11:07
I've flown from one side of this planet to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to make me believe there's one all-powerful Schwartz controlling everything. There's no mystical energy field that controls my destiny.

Simple tricks and nonsense, eh?

AC

Belloc
03-19-13, 11:11

AC

Believe in hokey religions preaching something about microscopic lifeforms residing within the cells of all living things that somehow enable a person without combat experience to hit tiny exhaust ports with multiple proton torpedoes while traveling down a narrow trench at like mach 50 without a targeting computer all you want, I ain't buying it.

Army Chief
03-19-13, 11:13
Nerds.

AC

Koshinn
03-19-13, 11:23
Simple tricks and nonsense, eh?

AC

Exactly. Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side.

theblackknight
03-19-13, 11:40
Han Solo had some great lessons on life. I love the "be like Han" meme.

And as long as Jar Jar Binks never makes a appearance again, Ill be ok with that.

sent from mah gun,using my sights

30 cal slut
03-19-13, 11:45
ludicrous speed.

C-grunt
03-19-13, 11:47
Im not convinced the Death Star was as heavily defended as they say. Everyone knows it was run by a bunch of Assholes.

sandman99and9
03-19-13, 12:30
" Oh no, Megamaid has gone from suck to blow " :D

S.M.

MountainRaven
03-19-13, 12:34
These are not the conspiracy theories you are looking for. The Death Star was destroyed by Rebel insurgents.

Sincerely,
The Office of the Imperial Inquisition

Boy Scout
03-19-13, 14:10
Nobody expects the Imperial Inquisition! Amongst their weaponry are such diverse elements as fear, surprise, ruthless efficiency, and an almost fanatical devotion to the Emporer.

montrala
03-19-13, 16:52
and an almost fanatical devotion to the Emporer.

Almost? Imperial Inquisition do not take such false accusations lightly! Just consider yourself warned.

Moose-Knuckle
03-19-13, 17:01
And here I was just going into Tosche Station to pick up some power converters . . .

Koshinn
03-19-13, 17:17
And here I was just going into Tosche Station to pick up some power converters . . .

Man Luke was whiney back then.

Bubba FAL
03-19-13, 21:33
I think this thread's gone Plaid!

MountainRaven
03-19-13, 22:00
Also worth reading for the Nerd Militant:

Inside the Battle of Hoth: The Empire Strikes Out (http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2013/02/battle-of-hoth/)
and
Hoth: The Failure of Imperial Military Doctrine (http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/columns/criticalintel/10201-Hoth-The-Failure-of-Imperial-Military-Doctrine)

Both analyze the battle of Hoth and its outcome. Both come to the conclusion that the battle was an utter failure for the Empire. Where they differ is in laying the blame for that failure: The former places it firmly at Darth Vader's feet while the latter blames Grand Moff Tarkin's doctrine of 'Rule through the fear of force, rather than through force itself.'

jpmuscle
03-20-13, 00:26
Maybe this will be addressed in future chapters of the Star Wars saga?

Magic_Salad0892
03-20-13, 00:34
What is this, I don't even.

xjustintimex
03-20-13, 01:08
best thread ever.

Koshinn
03-20-13, 01:48

Inside the Battle of Hoth: The Empire Strikes Out (http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2013/02/battle-of-hoth/)
and
Hoth: The Failure of Imperial Military Doctrine (http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/columns/criticalintel/10201-Hoth-The-Failure-of-Imperial-Military-Doctrine)

Both analyze the battle of Hoth and its outcome. Both come to the conclusion that the battle was an utter failure for the Empire. Where they differ is in laying the blame for that failure: The former places it firmly at Darth Vader's feet while the latter blames Grand Moff Tarkin's doctrine of 'Rule through the fear of force, rather than through force itself.'

Vader should have reduced Hoth to slag from orbit. Would have worked a lot better. I'm talking the entire planet. Yes, Star Destroyers have that kind of firepower.

Endur
03-20-13, 02:49
Who did what, when, where and why? WTF! :help:

Belloc
03-20-13, 06:29
THE CASE FOR THE EMPIRE
Everything you think you know about Star Wars is wrong.

"I. The Problems with the Galactic Republic

At the beginning of the Star Wars saga, the known universe is governed by the Galactic Republic. The Republic is controlled by a Senate, which is, in turn, run by an elected chancellor who's in charge of procedure, but has little real power.

Scores of thousands of planets are represented in the Galactic Senate, and as we first encounter it, it is sclerotic and ineffectual. The Republic has grown over many millennia to the point where there are so many factions and disparate interests, that it is simply too big to be governable. Even the Republic's staunchest supporters recognize this failing: In "The Phantom Menace," Queen Amidala admits, "It is clear to me now that the Republic no longer functions." In "Attack of the Clones," young Anakin Skywalker observes that it simply "doesn't work."

The Senate moves so slowly that it is powerless to stop aggression between member states. In "The Phantom Menace" a supra-planetary alliance, the Trade Federation (think of it as OPEC to the Galactic Republic's United Nations), invades a planet and all the Senate can agree to do is call for an investigation.

Like the United Nations, the Republic has no armed forces of its own, but instead relies on a group of warriors, the Jedi knights, to "keep the peace." The Jedi, while autonomous, often work in tandem with the Senate, trying to smooth over quarrels and avoid conflicts. But the Jedi number only in the thousands--they cannot protect everyone.

What's more, it's not clear that they should be "protecting" anyone. The Jedi are Lucas's great heroes, full of Zen wisdom and righteous power. They encourage people to "use the Force"--the mystical energy which is the source of their power--but the truth, revealed in "The Phantom Menace," is that the Force isn't available to the rabble. The Force comes from midi-chlorians, tiny symbiotic organisms in people's blood, like mitochondria. The Force, it turns out, is an inherited, genetic trait. If you don't have the blood, you don't get the Force. Which makes the Jedi not a democratic militia, but a royalist Swiss guard.

And an arrogant royalist Swiss guard, at that. With one or two notable exceptions, the Jedi we meet in Star Wars are full of themselves. They ignore the counsel of others (often with terrible consequences), and seem honestly to believe that they are at the center of the universe. When the chief Jedi record-keeper is asked in "Attack of the Clones" about a planet she has never heard of, she replies that if it's not in the Jedi archives, it doesn't exist."

Read the rest here: http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1406038/posts

Belloc
03-20-13, 06:39

and

Suggesting, yet again, that Darth Vader (i.e. Anakin Skywalker) intended that the "Rebels", i.e. his son Luke and daughter Leia, be able to escape. The plot thickens.

jaxman7
03-20-13, 06:39
What is this, I don't even.

It's Star Wars, Magic.....came out way back in 1977. Something Boba Fett bashers don't know or understand. :D

OK....back to my workshop. Busy converting a Broom Handle Mauser into a blaster.

-Jax

Zhurdan
03-20-13, 10:26
Vader should have reduced Hoth to slag from orbit. Would have worked a lot better. I'm talking the entire planet. Yes, Star Destroyers have that kind of firepower.

A "fleet" of Star Destroyers maybe. As said by Han when they came out of Hyperspace into Alderran gibbles-and-bits.:D

Koshinn
03-20-13, 18:08
A "fleet" of Star Destroyers maybe. As said by Han when they came out of Hyperspace into Alderran gibbles-and-bits.:D

Go to stardestroyer.net and look at their studies on the power of a single turbo laser shot. It's crazy.

To clarify, I'm not saying a single star destroyer can blow a planet apart. But it can glass the entire surface, since each regular (not heavy) turbo laser shot is in the range of tens to hundreds of kilotons of power.

jaxman7
03-20-13, 18:15
Go to stardestroyer.net and look at their studies on the power of a single turbo laser shot. It's crazy.

Gawd its so therapeutic to know there are other Star Wars nerds out there!

-Jax

GeorgiaBoy
03-20-13, 18:43
I think all of Star Wars was an inside job.

jaxman7
03-20-13, 18:48
I think all of Star Wars was an inside job.

Trekkie!!!!! ;)

Heavy Metal
03-20-13, 18:59
This is not the truth you are looking for!

Magic_Salad0892
03-20-13, 19:04
It's Star Wars, Magic.....came out way back in 1977. Something Boba Fett bashers don't know or understand. :D

OK....back to my workshop. Busy converting a Broom Handle Mauser into a blaster.

-Jax

Am I the only person who thinks that Darth Vader being Luke's father makes no damn sense?

Moose-Knuckle
03-20-13, 19:17
Am I the only person who thinks that Darth Vader being Luke's father makes no damn sense?

Yes, yes you are.

Heavy Metal
03-20-13, 19:22
Yes, yes you are.

Actually, no.

When the original, re-titled EP IV, was released, I do not believe Lucas had any conception that Vader was his Father and Leia was his sister. I always thought Vader as Luke's Father and Leia as his Sister was a weak plot gimmick.

George Lucas is no J. Michael Strazinsky.

Magic_Salad0892
03-20-13, 19:25
Yes, yes you are.

Dude. Here's my problem. Vader had a shitton amount of problems trying to find farmboy Luke all those years right.

HE WAS ON VADER'S HOME PLANET. WITH THE DUDE WHO WAS RESPONSIBLE FOR PUTTING HIM IN THE BREATHING SUIT. AND DIDN'T EVEN CHANGE HIS LAST NAME.

How did Vader not know until the Emporer dude told him that there was a disturbance in the force, or whatever?

And why wouldn't Obi-Wan have told him? "Hey, dude. Don't stick your tounge in her throat. That's your sister."

Moose-Knuckle
03-20-13, 19:34
Actually, no.

When the original, re-titled EP IV, was released, I do not believe Lucas had any conception that Vader was his Father and Leia was his sister. I always thought Vader as Luke's Father and Leia as his Sister was a weak plot gimmick.

Correct, he is an entertainer whose market audience is children. This is how we got shit like the Ewoks and Jar-Jar Binks.

Moose-Knuckle
03-20-13, 19:36
Dude. Here's my problem. Vader had a shitton amount of problems trying to find farmboy Luke all those years right.

HE WAS ON VADER'S HOME PLANET. WITH THE DUDE WHO WAS RESPONSIBLE FOR PUTTING HIM IN THE BREATHING SUIT. AND DIDN'T EVEN CHANGE HIS LAST NAME.

How did Vader not know until the Emporer dude told him that there was a disturbance in the force, or whatever?

And why wouldn't Obi-Wan have told him? "Hey, dude. Don't stick your tounge in her throat. That's your sister."

Cause that's the way Lucas wrote the script. :D

Heavy Metal
03-20-13, 19:46
I am convinced that Lucas simply got really, really lucky early in his career and that he really isn't that good.

chadbag
03-20-13, 20:00

Vader was too busy being the Emperors lap dog and fighting the rebellion. He didn't even know his kids were born since mom died.

yada yada yada

#4 is actually up next. The kids and I have been watching Star Wars in order, about once a month.

===

Magic_Salad0892
03-20-13, 20:01
Vader was too busy being the Emperors lap dog and fighting the rebellion. He didn't even know his kids were born since mom died.

Hey... that guy kinda looks like me... and has my last name... and my wife WAS pregnant...

Doesn't take more than like 3 seconds of deduction to figure that one out.

chadbag
03-20-13, 20:05
Hey... that guy kinda looks like me... and has my last name... and my wife WAS pregnant...

Doesn't take more than like 3 seconds of deduction to figure that one out.

Easy for you to say, you're in the audience watching time compressed into a 2 hour movie eating popcorn.

He (Vader) spent 20 or 25 years as Vader and was no longer Anakin Skywalker. He figured it out, just not right away. Took a little time for Luke. Not sure if or when he got Leia. He obviously did get Luke after a while.

And besides, he didn't see Luke for a long while after this started.

-

MountainRaven
03-20-13, 20:20

To clarify, I'm not saying a single star destroyer can blow a planet apart. But it can glass the entire surface, since each regular (not heavy) turbo laser shot is in the range of tens to hundreds of kilotons of power.

Without having seen the website linked to, I just want to say this:

The units used in Star Wars are metric. Which is logical. However, our metric system is based off of wholly and entirely arbitrary quantities. Yeah, we're better about it now, but the units and what they represent is fundamentally unchanged from the arbitrary units they were centuries ago. We have no frame of reference for how long, exactly, a 'meter' is in the Star Wars universe, how much a SW gram weighs, or what explosive they would use as the baseline for measuring explosive yields.

This, however, works fantastically for explaining inconsistencies in the Star Wars universe (like the length of the A-wing).

Magic_Salad0892
03-20-13, 20:22

The units used in Star Wars are metric. Which is logical. However, our metric system is based off of wholly and entirely arbitrary quantities. Yeah, we're better about it now, but the units and what they represent is fundamentally unchanged from the arbitrary units they were centuries ago. We have no frame of reference for how long, exactly, a 'meter' is in the Star Wars universe, how much a SW gram weighs, or what explosive they would use as the baseline for measuring explosive yields.

This, however, works fantastically for explaining inconsistencies in the Star Wars universe (like the length of the A-wing).

We're really talking about this right now, aren't we?

Magic_Salad0892
03-20-13, 20:22
Easy for you to say, you're in the audience watching time compressed into a 2 hour movie eating popcorn.

He (Vader) spent 20 or 25 years as Vader and was no longer Anakin Skywalker. He figured it out, just not right away. Took a little time for Luke. Not sure if or when he got Leia. He obviously did get Luke after a while.

And besides, he didn't see Luke for a long while after this started.

-

I can see your point, but I'll stick to my bullshit call.

Ryno12
03-20-13, 20:48
It could be that Anakin was a dead beat dad who had no interest in finding Luke & Leia. He didn't want to back pay all the child support.

...or, in his defense, it could be that the technology to find the kids just simply didn't exist. After all, Han Solo was still sporting a broomhandle Mauser.

Sent from my phone cause my Commodore 64 is in the shop.

MountainRaven
03-20-13, 21:00
We're really talking about this right now, aren't we?

What 'we'?

:p

It could be that Anakin was a dead beat dad who had no interest in finding Luke & Leia. He didn't want to back pay all the child support.

...or, in his defense, it could be that the technology to find the kids just simply didn't exist. After all, Han Solo was still sporting a broomhandle Mauser.

Or he could have believed his trustworthy (cough) buddy Palpa-Sidious when he told him that his kids were dead, along with his wife. And he therefore never found a reason to search for his children. (Although given Leia's adoptive parents, I would think that Leia would not infrequently visit Coruscant and may have, then, come into close contact at some point with Vader. At which point in time, he probably would have started to put the pieces together.)

In any case, he probably didn't know that either of them was alive until after the destruction of the Death Star, whereupon he would have learned through Imperial Intelligence (is funny!) that the guy who made the miracle shot had the same last name. Why it is that Leia took the last name of her adoptive parents while Luke did not is... meh, whatever. Doesn't make sense, anyway.

Moose-Knuckle
03-20-13, 21:08
After all, Han Solo was still sporting a broomhandle Mauser.

The Imperial Stormtrooper's E-11 Blaster Rifles were modified Stens and their DLT-19 Heavy Blaster Rifles were modified MG-34s. :p

chadbag
Why it is that Leia took the last name of her adoptive parents while Luke did not is... meh, whatever. Doesn't make sense, anyway.

Different adoptive people do different things. But remember, Luke's step-uncle Owen Lars mom was Anakin's mom and Luke's grandmother, so the Skywalker name was already in the family.

Now, for hiding purposes I'd probably have changed it, but you probably couldn't explain too much to them when delivering the kid for OPSEC reasons.

--

chadbag
The Imperial Stormtrooper's E-11 Blaster Rifles were modified Stens and their DLT-19 Heavy Blaster Rifles were modified MG-34s. :p

I want one of those modifications...

--

Ryno12
03-20-13, 21:24

Actually, with some of the guns & helmets that was used in Star Wars, I'm surprised more people didn't get pissy about the Nazi influences.

Moose-Knuckle
03-20-13, 21:28
Actually, with some of the guns & helmets that was used in Star Wars, I'm surprised more people didn't get pissy about the Nazi influences.

Well Stens are a British SMG, but I get what you are saying. Combine a sci-fi draconian universe with everyone's favorite bad guys, mother f***ing space Nazis and your gonna put butts in the seats! :cool:

Ryno12
03-20-13, 21:40
Well Stens are a British SMG, but I get what you are saying. Combine a sci-fi draconian universe with everyone's favorite bad guys, mother f***ing space Nazis and your gonna put butts in the seats! :cool:

Are you sure it wasn't Leia's hairdo that was bringin' dudes to the theatre?

MountainRaven
03-20-13, 21:57

And the good guys were using StG 44s.

:p

Koshinn
03-20-13, 22:44
Correct, he is an entertainer whose market audience is children. This is how we got shit like the Ewoks and Jar-Jar Binks.

Dude. Ewoks eat humans. Don't mess with them. Seriously, think about it.

You need to read the article. Calculating power the way the author did has nothing to do with the star wars metric system or whatever. It has to do with the vaporization point of iron.

Belloc
03-21-13, 03:06

I don't think Anakin even knew he had kids. He certainly did not know he had a daughter.

And perhaps a long time ago, in galaxies far, far, away, incest and inbreeding were not uncommon among noble blood lines, just like here in this galaxy.

TXBob
03-21-13, 11:00
Actually, no.

There's an excellent book on this very topic that the decision to make Vader Luke's father happened around the time Lucas wrote ESB. I have to dig through my personal email (inaccessible at work), but its a cool read for us losers/nerds.

Magic_Salad0892
03-21-13, 12:52
I don't think Anakin even knew he had kids. He certainly did not know he had a daughter.

And perhaps a long time ago, in galaxies far, far, away, incest and inbreeding were not uncommon among noble blood lines, just like here in this galaxy.

He knew his wife was pregnant though. So some mental alarms had to be tripped.

And incest grosses me out, so I tend not to think about it.

Belloc
03-21-13, 14:32
He knew his wife was pregnant though. So some mental alarms had to be tripped.

But didn't he believe that she had died?

And incest grosses me out, so I tend not to think about it.
Best then that you never study the pedigree of any of the european noble houses. Not ever.

Magic_Salad0892
03-21-13, 14:56
Best then that you never study the pedigree of any of the european noble houses. Not ever.

I know, and am actively avoiding it.

But didn't he believe that she had died?

Yeah. But even so. If you see a guy who might kinda look like you, with your last name, and is from your home planet, with your own family, openly telling people that he was the son of Anakin Skywalker, and he also happens to be about the same age as your son would be... you might connect some dots. Losing a pregnant wife isn't exactly something you forget. Him not knowing Luke was his son makes no sense in the slightest, which by extension makes absolutely no sense for Vader to be Luke's father from Lukes perspective. Especially because it was already said that Vader had killed Lukes father. That wasn't Obi Wan covering for Anakin. That was bad writing.

Also, it's never shown to us (despite being EXTREMELY important) WHEN Vader discovers Luke is his son.

In the Second Film they refer to Luke as "The Son of Skywalker" in reference to him being turned. So.... did they JUST NOW figure out he was his son? That doesn't make any sense.

What the **** was Vader waiting for?

It's not like the empire didn't know about him. They have no problem finding his family in the first movie. (IIRC.)

And he somehow also didn't pick up on his daughter Leia getting tortured RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIM. Somehow a disturbance in the force wasn't sensed. Wtf.

I have ALL SORTS OF ISSUES with Star Wars. And here they are.
Bam.

Also, how was Luke's Jedi training only like three days long? At the end Yoda is like "You have much to learn." then when Luke comes back he's like "Eh. You've learned everything bro. Go kill some people." and that's it. It HAS to be a super short amount of time because by the time the Millenium Falcon gets to Lando's Cloud City the ****ing training is "over."

Which by the way makes it way funnier that you can be taught God like Jedi powers in just a few days, as it paints the Jedi as cruel bastards who like teaching kids how to kill eachother with their minds. For teh lolz.

Then it's all of a sudden Luke's final test: Kill Darth Vader.

Isn't that kind of an extreme jump in difficulty? That's like having to win a damn Superbowl ring for your final highschool game. Or winning the Indy 500 for your driving test.

Oh. Then there's the astroid field.

In The Empire Strikes Back C-3P0 sais that the odds of surviving a trip through an astroid field are 3,720 to 1.

First off. This isn't true in the real world, but I digress.

So we're assuming that if they make it out ONCE they're super lucky.

But they do it one in Empire Strikes Back, and AGAIN in Episode II. Wtf?

Now that's two incidents. Not much, right? BUT JANGO FETT SURVIVES IT TOO. WHILE BLOWING UP THE STATISTICALLY IMPOSSIBLE TO AVOID GIANT ROCKS INTO MORE GIANT ROCKS.

And before you even say that's how badass Jango Fett is. Remember that he's the guy who the most inept ****ing army ever, and the worst bounty hunter ever was cloned from.

I actually was going to comment on Henchmen being retarded, but Cracked.com put it into almost the exact same words I typed out, so I'll just copy, and paste:

"Star Wars: Attack of the Clones is another film that equates spying with Brad Pitt-winning-the-lottery good luck. Obi-Wan is crawling around through some caverns, and overhears a couple of the villains talking about exactly what he needed to find out. While it's true that Obi-Wan is actively trying to get info instead of wandering around (like some sort of a wizard) the bad guys are telling each other things they should logically already know."

Then in Ep4 why the hell did C-3PO, and R2-D2 suddenly not recall the events of the past films? That makes no sense. Nowhere is it ever stated that they've had their memories wiped. R2, and 3PO basically witnessed the entire transformation of Darth Vader, yet it's not mentioned in the slightest. Why? Bad writing, obviously. But that's no excuse. It's also not ever mentioned that Chewbacca, and Yoda knew eachother (seen fighting alongside one another in Episode III), making it a spectacular coincidence that Luke and Obi Wan ran into him when looking for a ride off Tatooine in Ep4.

Though there's always the insanely detailed theory that there were Rebel spies. But I don't buy that for a damn minute:

http://www.cracked.com/article/18367_6-insane-fan-theories-that-actually-make-great-movies-better_p2/

I'll make comments on the newer Star Wars films later. You guys'll love it.

Koshinn
03-21-13, 15:06
I know, and am actively avoiding it.

Yeah. But even so. If you see a guy who might kinda look like you, with your last name, and is from your home planet, with your own family, openly telling people that he was the son of Anakin Skywalker, and he also happens to be about the same age as your son would be... you might connect some dots. Losing a pregnant wife isn't exactly something you forget. Him not knowing Luke was his son makes no sense in the slightest, which by extension makes absolutely no sense for Vader to be Luke's father from Lukes perspective. Especially because it was already said that Vader had killed Lukes father. That wasn't Obi Wan covering for Anakin. That was bad writing.

Also, it's never shown to us (despite being EXTREMELY important) WHEN Vader discovers Luke is his son.

In the Second Film they refer to Luke as "The Son of Skywalker" in reference to him being turned. So.... did they JUST NOW figure out he was his son? That doesn't make any sense.

What the **** was Vader waiting for?

It's not like the empire didn't know about him. They have no problem finding his family in the first movie. (IIRC.)

And he somehow also didn't pick up on his daughter Leia getting tortured RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIM. Somehow a disturbance in the force wasn't sensed. Wtf.

I have ALL SORTS OF ISSUES with Star Wars. And here they are.
Bam.

Also, how was Luke's Jedi training only like three days long? At the end Yoda is like "You have much to learn." then when Luke comes back he's like "Eh. You've learned everything bro. Go kill some people." and that's it. It HAS to be a super short amount of time because by the time the Millenium Falcon gets to Lando's Cloud City the ****ing training is "over."

Which by the way makes it way funnier that you can be taught God like Jedi powers in just a few days, as it paints the Jedi as cruel bastards who like teaching kids how to kill eachother with their minds. For teh lolz.

Then it's all of a sudden Luke's final test: Kill Darth Vader.

Isn't that kind of an extreme jump in difficulty? That's like having to win a damn Superbowl ring for your final highschool game. Or winning the Indy 500 for your driving test.

I'll make comments on the newer Star Wars films later. You guys'll love it.

Vader sees Luke twice in Ep4. Once right after he kills Obi-Wan and Luke screams, but then the blast doors close within a couple of seconds. Then later in the Death Star attack run when Vader says "the force is strong with this one." I'd imagine between Ep4 and Ep5, Imperial spies figure out that Luke Skywalker is the one who blew up the Death Star, since he's now the big hero of the Rebellion and a potent recruiting tool. That's probably when the Emperor and Vader connected the dots.

As for the Storm Troopers in Ep4, they were following the droids that had the Death Star plans, they didn't care about where they were or who had them. Vader never set foot on Tattooine in Ep4 and it's unlikely that regular Storm Troopers knew who Vader was before he became Vader, even less likely that he was born and raised on Tattooine as a slave, and it's guaranteed they didn't know his wife was pregnant. Even if they knew they killed his step-brother and step-sister-in-law, I highly doubt they'd mention that fact to him.

As far as Luke's training, he was supposedly one of the most powerful force users, so that helped with the learning curve. He also started to draw on the dark side in Ep6 when he beat Vader, using his fear for Leia's life and his anger and aggression to knock Vader off balance. I also imagine Vader didn't actually want to win that fight considering what he says in Ep5 and earlier in Ep6.

Magic_Salad0892
03-21-13, 15:13
Vader sees Luke twice in Ep4. Once right after he kills Obi-Wan and Luke screams, but then the blast doors close within a couple of seconds. Then later in the Death Star attack run when Vader says "the force is strong with this one." I'd imagine between Ep4 and Ep5, Imperial spies figure out that Luke Skywalker is the one who blew up the Death Star, since he's now the big hero of the Rebellion and a potent recruiting tool. That's probably when the Emperor and Vader connected the dots.

Then Vader is the dumbest guy on the face of the Galaxy, and the worst villain ever, if THAT'S WHAT IT TOOK. Luke was telling people that ANAKIN SKYWALKER WAS HIS FATHER. Does the Empire really suck at intelligence gathering that badly?

As for the Storm Troopers in Ep4, they were following the droids that had the Death Star plans, they didn't care about where they were or who had them. Vader never set foot on Tattooine in Ep4 and it's unlikely that regular Storm Troopers knew who Vader was before he became Vader, even less likely that he was born and raised on Tattooine as a slave, and it's guaranteed they didn't know his wife was pregnant. Even if they knew they killed his step-brother and step-sister-in-law, I highly doubt they'd mention that fact to him.

They were acting under the directives of the Emporer. Who sure as shit knew.

As far as Luke's training, he was supposedly one of the most powerful force users, so that helped with the learning curve. He also started to draw on the dark side in Ep6 when he beat Vader, using his fear for Leia's life and his anger and aggression to knock Vader off balance. I also imagine Vader didn't actually want to win that fight considering what he says in Ep5 and earlier in Ep6.

But there's no possible way that Yoda could've known Vader didn't want to win that fight. And The most powerful of force user can only help the learning curve so much.

Rule number one of movie making:

Do not break the rules of your own universe.

Worst offenders: Star Wars. Terminator.

Koshinn
03-21-13, 15:35
Then Vader is the dumbest guy on the face of the Galaxy, and the worst villain ever, if THAT'S WHAT IT TOOK. Luke was telling people that ANAKIN SKYWALKER WAS HIS FATHER. Does the Empire really suck at intelligence gathering that badly?

In a galaxy where just the capital planet has a population in the trillions, one farmer boy's claims on a backwater worthless world doesn't mean anything. And it's unlikely that intelligence was even looking for him, or if they did, Obi-Wan was there to handle it. That's why he hung around basically.

They were acting under the directives of the Emporer. Who sure as shit knew.

They were acting under the directives of Vader, who worked for the Emperor, but since he didn't know, they didn't know. Chain of command and all.

But there's no possible way that Yoda could've known Vader didn't want to win that fight. And The most powerful of force user can only help the learning curve so much.

No, Yoda thought Luke would lose to Vader. Obi-Wan did too. They tried to stop Luke from rushing off to face Vader in Ep5, thinking he wasn't ready, they said as much. Luke got lucky and only lost a hand, he was extremely outmatched in Ep5... Vader didn't even seem like he was trying. Luke only returned to Yoda in Ep6 when Yoda was on his death bed and physically couldn't train Luke anymore. Luke had been doing training on his own, but I doubt he would have beat Vader if he didn't draw on the dark side AND Vader didn't take it easy on him. Which I think is interesting because I think if Luke got more formal Jedi training, he never would have drawn on the dark side and never would have become powerful enough to win that fight. All worked out in the end.

Koshinn
03-21-13, 15:47
Just remember, the events of Ep4 are just basically another day in the life of Vader... building planet destroying super wepaons, killing Jedi Masters, space combat, etc. What's the chance that randomly, after ~18 years of doing the same crap, that the son you thought was never born happens to show up? Yeah he looks like Anakin did when he was like 12, but there are so many people in the galaxy that physical appearance isn't enough.

And Leia's last name wasn't Skywalker and is far weaker in the force than Luke. And she was both royalty and a senator, so her heritage was most likely never questioned.

Magic_Salad0892
03-21-13, 15:48
In a galaxy where just the capital planet has a population in the trillions, one farmer boy's claims on a backwater worthless world doesn't mean anything. And it's unlikely that intelligence was even looking for him, or if they did, Obi-Wan was there to handle it. That's why he hung around basically.

His sister was the commander of the entire rebel alliance. I'm pretty sure that lowly farm boy was a little important despite the capital planet having a population of trillions. Also, I'd keep an eye on that mother****er who put me in an asthma suit.

They were acting under the directives of Vader, who worked for the Emperor, but since he didn't know, they didn't know. Chain of command and all.

Them acting under the directives of Vader actually makes it worse. He knows his home planet. He knows his own background, obviously. There's absolutely no logical excuse for anybody to have forgotten any of this extremely important information.

No, Yoda thought Luke would lose to Vader. Obi-Wan did too. They tried to stop Luke from rushing off to face Vader in Ep5, thinking he wasn't ready, they said as much. Luke got lucky and only lost a hand, he was extremely outmatched in Ep5... Vader didn't even seem like he was trying. Luke only returned to Yoda in Ep6 when Yoda was on his death bed and physically couldn't train Luke anymore. Luke had been doing training on his own, but I doubt he would have beat Vader if he didn't draw on the dark side AND Vader didn't take it easy on him. Which I think is interesting because I think if Luke got more formal Jedi training, he never would have drawn on the dark side and never would have become powerful enough to win that fight. All worked out in the end.

That would be all fine, if Yoda hadn't told him his training was totally complete. And I know he was outmatched, that's why I said the "final test" was an extremely retarded jump in difficulty.

I added stuff to my earlier post, by the way. I love debating about Star Wars. Because I love to hate. :D:cool:

Belloc
I have ALL SORTS OF ISSUES with Star Wars.

Best then that you never watch RedLetterMedia's reviews of the prequels. Not ever.

The Phantom Menace review: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxKtZmQgxrI

Attack of the Clones review: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfBhi6qqFLA

Revenge of the Sith review: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1MqksXm6Zs

jpmuscle
You guys do know you all have probably put more thought and critical analysis into the storyline than the original script writers ever did right?

Magic_Salad0892
03-21-13, 15:50
Just remember, the events of Ep4 are just basically another day in the life of Vader... building planet destroying super wepaons, killing Jedi Masters, space combat, etc. What's the chance that randomly, after ~18 years of doing the same crap, that the son you thought was never born happens to show up? Yeah he looks like Anakin did when he was like 12, but there are so many people in the galaxy that physical appearance isn't enough.

Yeah, but it's not like all the other facts don't add up. Yeah, physical appearance might not be enough. I mean, I look like a shitload of people (Dave Grohl), but the fact that Luke fit SO MANY CRITERIA.... it just rings to many bells to be overlooked.

And Leia's last name wasn't Skywalker and is far weaker in the force than Luke. And she was both royalty and a senator, so her heritage was most likely never questioned.

She was far weaker, but that doesn't mean The Emporer still could've not known. The vetting process for Senators sucks apperantly.

Magic_Salad0892
03-21-13, 15:52
Best then that you never watch RedLetterMedia's reviews of the prequels. Not ever.

The Phantom Menace review: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxKtZmQgxrI

Attack of the Clones review: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfBhi6qqFLA

Revenge of the Sith review: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1MqksXm6Zs

I've seen those. They're amazing.

Koshinn
03-21-13, 16:02
Oh. Then there's the astroid field.

In The Empire Strikes Back C-3P0 sais that the odds of surviving a trip through an astroid field are 3,720 to 1.

First off. This isn't true in the real world, but I digress.

So we're assuming that if they make it out ONCE they're super lucky.

But they do it one in Empire Strikes Back, and AGAIN in Episode II. Wtf?

Now that's two incidents. Not much, right? BUT JANGO FETT SURVIVES IT TOO. WHILE BLOWING UP THE STATISTICALLY IMPOSSIBLE TO AVOID GIANT ROCKS INTO MORE GIANT ROCKS.

Because C-3P0 is an etiquette and protocol droid, not an astrometric droid. He's blowing smoke, he doesn't know shit about flying. :D

And before you even say that's how badass Jango Fett is. Remember that he's the guy who the most inept ****ing army ever, and the worst bounty hunter ever was cloned from.

The Storm Troopers of the original trilogy aren't clones anymore, or if they are, they're commanders and very high ranking by then.

Then in Ep4 why the hell did C-3PO, and R2-D2 suddenly not recall the events of the past films? That makes no sense. Nowhere is it ever stated that they've had their memories wiped. R2, and 3PO basically witnessed the entire transformation of Darth Vader, yet it's not mentioned in the slightest. Why? Bad writing, obviously. But that's no excuse. It's also not ever mentioned that Chewbacca, and Yoda knew eachother (seen fighting alongside one another in Episode III), making it a spectacular coincidence that Luke and Obi Wan ran into him when looking for a ride off Tatooine in Ep4.

C-3P0's memory is wiped at the end of Ep3, they actually do say that. I don't remember if R2-D2's memory is wiped.

Also, Luke never tells anyone about Dagobah nor Yoda. If he had, Chewbacca probably would have spoken up. But he never mentions it once. Obi-Wan didn't know Chewbacca, and coincidence is part Force, part plot.

His sister was the commander of the entire rebel alliance. I'm pretty sure that lowly farm boy was a little important despite the capital planet having a population of trillions. Also, I'd keep an eye on that mother****er who put me in an asthma suit.

She wasn't THE commander, but she was pretty high up there. The capital planet has trillions, and there are hundreds if not thousands of other inhabitable worlds with billions as well. Besides, it's not like Luke thought his father was alive anymore, he thought he was dead, so he probably didn't go around telling everyone who his father was.

Obi-Wan was hiding on Tattooine like Yoda was hiding on Dagobah. If Vader knew where either was, he'd have killed them. Or at least tried.

Them acting under the directives of Vader actually makes it worse. He knows his home planet. He knows his own background, obviously. There's absolutely no logical excuse for anybody to have forgotten any of this extremely important information.

But why would he care about his home planet? He visited it once after leaving in Ep1, and that was to kill a village of sand people to save his Mom. After his Mom died, he had nothing but bad memories of Tattooine so he had no reason to go back. He's probably busy too. I mean he only met his step-bro and step-sis-in-law once, so he didn't really have any connection to them.

That would be all fine, if Yoda hadn't told him his training was totally complete. And I know he was outmatched, that's why I said the "final test" was an extremely retarded jump in difficulty.

He told him that because he couldn't teach Luke anymore, he was going to die in the next 10 minutes, lol.

Yeah, but it's not like all the other facts don't add up. Yeah, physical appearance might not be enough. I mean, I look like a shitload of people (Dave Grohl), but the fact that Luke fit SO MANY CRITERIA.... it just rings to many bells to be overlooked.

Again, Vader didn't know anything about Luke in Ep4. He saw a blonde 18 yr old scream "NO!" and took some blaster fire from him, then the kid ran up the ramp into a ship. Then he senses a pilot strong in the force a couple days later. Completely random and unrelated events with no context nor background. After the Death Star was destroyed, they connected the dots, which is why Vader knows in Ep5.

She was far weaker, but that doesn't mean The Emporer still could've not known. The vetting process for Senators sucks apperantly.
The Emperor isn't omniscient, obviously. It's extremely plausible that he didn't realize Leia was related, especially since her adopted parents claimed her as a biological child and went out of their way to hide her true identity. I mean she didn't even know anything about her biological family besides that she was secretly adopted at an early age. But if you want to nitpick, in Ep6 she claims she remembers her mother, but only saw her mother for like the 2 seconds it took to be born and be taken away by a creepy droid.

Magic_Salad0892
03-21-13, 16:16
Because C-3P0 is an etiquette and protocol droid, not an astrometric droid. He's blowing smoke, he doesn't know shit about flying. :D

But I assume all robots have calculators. :p

The Storm Troopers of the original trilogy aren't clones anymore, or if they are, they're commanders and very high ranking by then.

I was referring to the clone army.

C-3P0's memory is wiped at the end of Ep3, they actually do say that. I don't remember if R2-D2's memory is wiped.

A little google-fu shows that R2 wasn't wiped. Threepio was.

Also, Luke never tells anyone about Dagobah nor Yoda. If he had, Chewbacca probably would have spoken up. But he never mentions it once. Obi-Wan didn't know Chewbacca, and coincidence is part Force, part plot.

Part plot, part force, part bad writing. It doesn't matter if Luke told anybody about Dagobah, the fact is when they started battling the Empire for real again Chewie shoulda been like "Hey! Those mother****ers wrecked up my home planet."

She wasn't THE commander, but she was pretty high up there.

My bad.

The capital planet has trillions, and there are hundreds if not thousands of other inhabitable worlds with billions as well. Besides, it's not like Luke thought his father was alive anymore, he thought he was dead, so he probably didn't go around telling everyone who his father was.

But he didn't make it a secret either. The fact is (IIRC) the Emporer DID FOR SURE know about the kids. There's no reason that he shouldn't know. Another fact is that we have absolutely no idea when Darth Vader figures out Luke is his son. Though I suspect it SHOULD be somewhere around the middle of the first movie, when he learns Luke's name.

Obi-Wan was hiding on Tattooine like Yoda was hiding on Dagobah. If Vader knew where either was, he'd have killed them. Or at least tried.

Dagobah is a good excuse. But if you're on the run from my empire (Obi Wan) then running to my home planet isn't the best idea. Considering thats where I met you.

But why would he care about his home planet? He visited it once after leaving in Ep1, and that was to kill a village of sand people to save his Mom. After his Mom died, he had nothing but bad memories of Tattooine so he had no reason to go back. He's probably busy too. I mean he only met his step-bro and step-sis-in-law once, so he didn't really have any connection to them.

His step siblings are irrelevent, but Tattooine is an extremely important location in the Star Wars universe. There's no reason for Vader to have ignored it either.

He told him that because he couldn't teach Luke anymore, he was going to die in the next 10 minutes, lol.

"Hey. I'm about to bite it, but you're not totally trained yet, so you might wanna avoid that Darth Vader fellow for a while.... he's really ****ing powerful...." - Said no one ever.

It's not much, but it's better than "LOL. ur dun bro. go fite da sith guy. ur gunna loze but probs not gunna die." Which is almost exactly what happened. Yoda basically sent Luke on a suicide mission knowingly.

Magic_Salad0892
03-21-13, 16:18
Again, Vader didn't know anything about Luke in Ep4. He saw a blonde 18 yr old scream "NO!" and took some blaster fire from him, then the kid ran up the ramp into a ship. Then he senses a pilot strong in the force a couple days later. Completely random and unrelated events with no context nor background. After the Death Star was destroyed, they connected the dots, which is why Vader knows in Ep5.

You're right on that one. So it would make sense for him to find out in Ep5. For some reason I thought he learned Luke's name in Ep4.

The Emperor isn't omniscient, obviously. It's extremely plausible that he didn't realize Leia was related, especially since her adopted parents claimed her as a biological child and went out of their way to hide her true identity. I mean she didn't even know anything about her biological family besides that she was secretly adopted at an early age. But if you want to nitpick, in Ep6 she claims she remembers her mother, but only saw her mother for like the 2 seconds it took to be born and be taken away by a creepy droid.

I'll let that one slide then. That's pretty good cover. And now that I think about it, there's no real reason the Emporor should've known about Leia.

Magic_Salad0892
03-21-13, 16:22
And in Ep1, why did Jar Jar Binks step in that pile of shit? It was RIGHT IN HIS LINE OF SIGHT. It's not like he was distracted.

I smell another plot hole.

Koshinn
03-21-13, 16:30
But I assume all robots have calculators. :p

But they don't all have the formulas and the ability to collect the data to plug in to those formulas. I mean I wouldn't even know where to start in trying to figure out the odds of navigating an astroid field, even though it should be pretty easy considering how few there are.

I was referring to the clone army.

They weren't that bad.

A little google-fu shows that R2 wasn't wiped. Threepio was.

Eh, idk.

Part plot, part force, part bad writing. It doesn't matter if Luke told anybody about Dagobah, the fact is when they started battling the Empire for real again Chewie shoulda been like "Hey! Those mother****ers wrecked up my home planet."

His dislike for the Empire was probably well known by Han, but he had to do what Han did.

But he didn't make it a secret either. The fact is (IIRC) the Emporer DID FOR SURE know about the kids. There's no reason that he shouldn't know. Another fact is that we have absolutely no idea when Darth Vader figures out Luke is his son. Though I suspect it SHOULD be somewhere around the middle of the first movie, when he learns Luke's name.

The Emperor knew that Padme survived, but didn't know if the kids survived or what they were doing. I don't think Vader ever learns Luke's name in the first movie. Again, two small encounters that could have very well been two separate people for all Vader knows.

Dagobah is a good excuse. But if you're on the run from my empire (Obi Wan) then running to my home planet isn't the best idea. Considering thats where I met you.

It's probably the last place Vader would look considering how bad of an idea it is. And again, painful memories. Vader was a slave there, then his Mom died there. No reason to go back, he probably avoided it on purpose.

"Hey. I'm about to bite it, but you're not totally trained yet, so you might wanna avoid that Darth Vader fellow for a while.... he's really ****ing powerful...." - Said no one ever.

It's not much, but it's better than "LOL. ur dun bro. go fite da sith guy. ur gunna loze but probs not gunna die." Which is almost exactly what happened. Yoda basically sent Luke on a suicide mission knowingly.
Yoda risked Luke's life in Ep6 for the sake of the Galaxy. He didn't care so much about Luke, but he really wanted the Emperor and Vader dead.

And in Ep1, why did Jar Jar Binks step in that pile of shit? It was RIGHT IN HIS LINE OF SIGHT. It's not like he was distracted.

I smell another plot hole.
Because Jar Jar is literally retarded. And he's an amphibean, probably has crappy eyesight outside of water and no sense of smell to speak of.

Moose-Knuckle
03-21-13, 16:32
You guys do know you all have probably put more thought and critical analysis into the storyline than the original script writers ever did right?

Easy. This is M4C after all, have you seen what we do with threads on such mundane topics as lubricant? :p

Magic_Salad0892
03-21-13, 16:45
But they don't all have the formulas and the ability to collect the data to plug in to those formulas. I mean I wouldn't even know where to start in trying to figure out the odds of navigating an astroid field, even though it should be pretty easy considering how few there are.

But I did have a point with that originally. We're supposed to take everything the robots say as gospel. And then everything the robot says turns out to be wrong. Which reminds me, why the hell did R2 have jet boosters? That makes no sense.

They weren't that bad.

If you drafted an entire army that was cloned from a dude who tried to kill you a bunch of times, it'd suck pretty bad if they switched sides for no reason, wouldn't it?

His dislike for the Empire was probably well known by Han, but he had to do what Han did.

But it was still an avenue to mention the events of the previous 20 years.

The Emperor knew that Padme survived, but didn't know if the kids survived or what they were doing. I don't think Vader ever learns Luke's name in the first movie. Again, two small encounters that could have very well been two separate people for all Vader knows.

If a pregnant woman survives. Assume her kids do too. After all, they might be important to find later considering they're the spawn of your second in command.

And Vader could've thought they were two seperate people until he learned Luke's name.

It's probably the last place Vader would look considering how bad of an idea it is. And again, painful memories. Vader was a slave there, then his Mom died there. No reason to go back, he probably avoided it on purpose.

Considering he doesn't treat any other object, character or anything else like that, it doesn't make sense. If he was avoiding memories, then C-3P0 should've been destroyed.

Yoda risked Luke's life in Ep6 for the sake of the Galaxy. He didn't care so much about Luke, but he really wanted the Emperor and Vader dead.

That seems about right. Also, I'd like to add that Yoda was totally full of shit with nearly every prediction, and Star Wars is the story of Obi Wan continually falling asleep at the wheel and failing to prevent nearly every major disaster in the SW universe.

Because Jar Jar is literally retarded. And he's an amphibean, probably has crappy eyesight outside of water and no sense of smell to speak of.

That statement was made in jest. :p

Zhurdan
03-21-13, 17:02
As an aside, the clones were genetically engineered to follow orders, not hold grudges. :D

chadbag
03-21-13, 18:40

Actually some of the best places to hide are where the enemy thinks you won't be, like on their home planet!

Like taking the ring to Mordor. Sauron didn't think they would bring the Ring anywhere near him. Same idea.

---

sandman99and9
03-21-13, 20:58
I see your arguments and raise you this :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNyE2xExktA

Leia is smoking hot in this one !!!

" Now Han Solo is a coffee table " Bwahahahaha

S.M.

Koshinn
03-22-13, 01:51
But I did have a point with that originally. We're supposed to take everything the robots say as gospel. And then everything the robot says turns out to be wrong. Which reminds me, why the hell did R2 have jet boosters? That makes no sense.

We are? Also, because R2 is comic relief and a deus ex machina. I mean the network security of Imperial systems are atrocious if it takes 2 seconds to hack into it with any astromech droid.

But it was still an avenue to mention the events of the previous 20 years.

The conversation would have been:
Chewie: arrrrrrrghhhh
Han: You said it Chewie, that was a very well reasoned and supported thesis of the evils of the Empire and why we should take up arms against it. I was especially moved by the personal example you put forth on the enslavement of your entire species to build the Death Star following the Clone Wars. However, I disagree on your second premise and think we should take it a little slowly regarding supporting this rebellion, at least for now.

If a pregnant woman survives. Assume her kids do too. After all, they might be important to find later considering they're the spawn of your second in command.

It's completely possible the Emperor looked for the kids, but never could find them. Probable even. It's a big galaxy.

Considering he doesn't treat any other object, character or anything else like that, it doesn't make sense. If he was avoiding memories, then C-3P0 should've been destroyed.

I can't remember the last time Anakin saw C-3P0. Must've been in passing sometime in Ep3, but C-3P0 and R2 went with the Organas, so he wouldn't have the opportunity to wipe him.
Also: http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa289/markedup/PSP%20Wallpaper/DarthVaderandC-3PO.png
I think that's from a comic that takes place during Ep5 in Cloud City where Vader, in between torturing people, realizes their protocol droid is C-3P0.

That seems about right. Also, I'd like to add that Yoda was totally full of shit with nearly every prediction, and Star Wars is the story of Obi Wan continually falling asleep at the wheel and failing to prevent nearly every major disaster in the SW universe.

Yeah, Obi is a pretty incompetent. If he didn't disobey the council, Anakin would've never become Vader and the strike team led by Samuel L Jackson would've succeeded in killing the Emperor. But the Council WAS right regarding the prophecy. Anakin did bring balance to the Force. There were 11ty thousand Jedi and only a handful of "Sith" around. Anakin evened it to 2v2. Sounds balanced to me.

That statement was made in jest. :p
I know, but I still refuted it! There's actually an idea that if you watch Star Wars in the order of: 4, 5, 6, 2, 3, you don't miss anything by skipping episode 1. I agree, lol.

jpmuscle
03-22-13, 02:11
Easy. This is M4C after all, have you seen what we do with threads on such mundane topics as lubricant? :p

lol, Im not poking a stick I'm enjoying it as much as everyone else. I just find it beyond amusing that's all. :D

Magic_Salad0892
03-22-13, 02:45
We are? Also, because R2 is comic relief and a deus ex machina. I mean the network security of Imperial systems are atrocious if it takes 2 seconds to hack into it with any astromech droid.

I'm just saying that in most movies, it's generally assumed that the machines aren't pieces of shit, and the Star Wars universe helped establish that rule. So I'm assuming that 3PO was right.

The conversation would have been:
Chewie: arrrrrrrghhhh
Han: You said it Chewie, that was a very well reasoned and supported thesis of the evils of the Empire and why we should take up arms against it. I was especially moved by the personal example you put forth on the enslavement of your entire species to build the Death Star following the Clone Wars. However, I disagree on your second premise and think we should take it a little slowly regarding supporting this rebellion, at least for now.

I'm just saying. It could've been helpful. The best thing about the prequels are the things that weren't in them. They didn't ruin Han Solo. They didn't ruin The Falcon. Or Lando. Or anything like that. Those movies are seriously the worst films ever produced, and anybody who argues otherwise is flat out wrong. Every single decision, every single character, every single plot device is a mistake. I'm of the decision that every single good thing in the original trilogy, Lucas had NOTHING to do with, and was probably against putting it in the movie.

It's completely possible the Emperor looked for the kids, but never could find them. Probable even. It's a big galaxy.

I'm gonna play the home planet card again. The Emporor would have no reason to not look there, and yes, it's a big galaxy. That's how Yoda hid. But seriously. That was a glaring oversight. That's like Saddam hiding in Takrit. Renting an apartment. With one seriously incompetent security guard.

I can't remember the last time Anakin saw C-3P0. Must've been in passing sometime in Ep3, but C-3P0 and R2 went with the Organas, so he wouldn't have the opportunity to wipe him.

Why wouldn't they have wiped R2 as well? I don't remember exactly what happened to 3PO, and R2, but all possible answers to that question have problems.

Also: http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa289/markedup/PSP%20Wallpaper/DarthVaderandC-3PO.png
I think that's from a comic that takes place during Ep5 in Cloud City where Vader, in between torturing people, realizes their protocol droid is C-3P0.

That's the comic. It cannot be counted. Even if it's awesome. Books are excluded as well.

Yeah, Obi is a pretty incompetent. If he didn't disobey the council, Anakin would've never become Vader and the strike team led by Samuel L Jackson would've succeeded in killing the Emperor. But the Council WAS right regarding the prophecy. Anakin did bring balance to the Force. There were 11ty thousand Jedi and only a handful of "Sith" around. Anakin evened it to 2v2. Sounds balanced to me.

Despite the fact that a prophecy was never mentioned in the original trilogy. That I can recall. Also. If there was a prophecy then why the **** did the Jedi let Obi Wan train Anakin?! They ALL felt weird about it? These a people who pride themselves on prophecies, instincts, and intuition. They all failed on that one.

I know, but I still refuted it! There's actually an idea that if you watch Star Wars in the order of: 4, 5, 6, 2, 3, you don't miss anything by skipping episode 1. I agree, lol.

I skip all of the prequels. Lol.

Koshinn
03-22-13, 02:51
I'm just saying that in most movies, it's generally assumed that the machines aren't pieces of shit, and the Star Wars universe helped establish that rule. So I'm assuming that 3PO was right.

Look at battle droids. Enough said. :p

I'm just saying. It could've been helpful. The best thing about the prequels are the things that weren't in them. They didn't ruin Han Solo. They didn't ruin The Falcon. Or Lando. Or anything like that. Those movies are seriously the worst films ever produced, and anybody who argues otherwise is flat out wrong. Every single decision, every single character, every single plot device is a mistake. I'm of the decision that every single good thing in the original trilogy, Lucas had NOTHING to do with, and was probably against putting it in the movie.

I liked Palpatine in the prequel. But that's it.

I'm gonna play the home planet card again. The Emporor would have no reason to not look there, and yes, it's a big galaxy. That's how Yoda hid. But seriously. That was a glaring oversight. That's like Saddam hiding in Takrit. Renting an apartment. With one seriously incompetent security guard.

Or hiding next to a military academy?

Why wouldn't they have wiped R2 as well? I don't remember exactly what happened to 3PO, and R2, but all possible answers to that question have problems.

No idea. Maybe because R2 can't talk? Which is retarded, why can't they just put in a speech module thing?

That's the comic. It cannot be counted. Even if it's awesome. Books are excluded as well.

Well that's lame. Most of the books are better than the prequels by far! But not all, which is hard to believe but true.

Despite the fact that a prophecy was never mentioned in the original trilogy. That I can recall. Also. If there was a prophecy then why the **** did the Jedi let Obi Wan train Anakin?! They ALL felt weird about it? These a people who pride themselves on prophecies, instincts, and intuition. They all failed on that one.

Yeah... pretty stupid. Pretty much deserved to be wiped out at that point.

I skip all of the prequels. Lol.
Yeah. I'll be honest, I like the Empire more than the Rebellion. I think the Emperor actually did bring peace and order to the galaxy, until the Rebels messed it up. And he brought government efficiency and removed corruption. The main problem was people like Tarkin, who blew up inhabited planets for no good reason. But that wasn't the Emperor.

Magic_Salad0892
03-22-13, 03:09
Look at battle droids. Enough said. :p

One of my many gripes about the requels.

I liked Palpatine in the prequel. But that's it.

I still can't understand his motivation for being evil.

Or hiding next to a military academy?

But we still found him in 10 years. Not 20. And he was TRYING to hide.

No idea. Maybe because R2 can't talk? Which is retarded, why can't they just put in a speech module thing?

He could talk to other robots. And the speech module thing, or lack thereof, is retarded.

Well that's lame. Most of the books are better than the prequels by far! But not all, which is hard to believe but true.

Lucas didn't write 'em, so I don't count 'em. No matter how good they might be.

Yeah. I'll be honest, I like the Empire more than the Rebellion. I think the Emperor actually did bring peace and order to the galaxy, until the Rebels messed it up. And he brought government efficiency and removed corruption. The main problem was people like Tarkin, who blew up inhabited planets for no good reason. But that wasn't the Emperor.

I can't recall them ever establishing why the Empire was bad.

Koshinn
03-22-13, 04:05
I can't recall them ever establishing why the Empire was bad.
Because Yoda is a manipulating ass.

The Empire did disband the Senate, however useless it was. Democracy was dead, but the Empire still ran through a military-like chain of command. I can't think of why the Empire is bad either.