PDA

View Full Version : Stars & Stripes Ammunition - experience?

Erick Gelhaus
03-18-08, 21:56
Any feedback, experience with these folks?

Blake
03-27-08, 03:53
Any feedback, experience with these folks?

I tried to have my brother contact them, said he always gets an answering machine. I don't know anyting else about them. Prices look very reasonable.

Erick Gelhaus
03-27-08, 11:41
Haven't any issues contacting them - amazingly enough they actually answer e-mail. Curious on their q/c.

Blake
03-27-08, 14:22
I got an email back from them today. I guess sometime the only way to tell is to give it a try. I've requested a price quote for a decent amount. I'm gonna see what they offer, and if the price is right I may buy a small quantity and try it out, then purchase more if it works out. They say it is made to true NATO specs, but I think all claim that.

Blake
03-28-08, 00:37
Well my personal experience after an exchange of emails has been awful. I quite plainly told them I was looking for training ammo that was quality and reliable for a decent price. I asked for a price quote. He explained to be a little bit about the past of the company, and gave me a quote in a return email. I told him that I was sorry, but that it was out of my price range. It wasn't meant to be insulting, though the email I got back from him was quite insulting to me. He accused me of supporting foreign manufacturers, and said that I asked for something he delivered, and now I'm backing away. I just asked the dude for a price quote, and he seemed to get very bent out of shape that I declined to purchase. I don't know anything about this company, but I wasn't please by the interaction I had with them. I had to lose my temper a little when he insulted me though. I will admit that. Anyway won't be spending any of my money with them.