PDA

View Full Version : Glock Delivery Time = Slow

Gadfly
03-19-13, 11:47
Quick mini rant... (Mods, if this is in the wrong forum, please move it)

Glock customer service quoted me 90 to 120 days to receive a new Glock 17 from them as an Individual Officer Purchase. I send in the paper work a couple of weeks ago. I call today to see if they received everything, and they have. They even cashed the check. They lady calmly tells me my order will ship in late OCTOBER...

270 day minimum delivery time?!?!? Crap. :mad:

I understand the panic has caused crazy backorders. But don't quote me one deliver time, then take my money, then quote a different time. My only remedy is to cancel the order for a refund.

I had purchased a new Gen 4 17 in January. Problem was, Glock would no longer sell magazines directly. You had to buy a pistol directly from them in order to get any mags beyond what came with the gun. I sold the Gen 4 17 I had purchased in January to fund this new purchase. I wonder if I can buy it back (sold it to a friend of a friend) and cancel the new order? I only went through this to get extra full capacity magazines...

one
03-19-13, 12:53
Well. My employer ordered a Glock back in December and received it a week or so ago.

I'm waiting on a G30S right now. It was ordered at least three weeks ago.

msstate56
03-19-13, 13:15
I've been waiting on any pistol that says Glock on the slide since late December. My local Police Supply store hasn't had a Glock pass through the door in over three months.

WickedWillis
03-19-13, 13:38
Well. My employer ordered a Glock back in December and received it a week or so ago.

I'm waiting on a G30S right now. It was ordered at least three weeks ago.

I got to see a 30s being sold at my local gun store. The counter guy said it had been there a week with no takers. Wish I would have been in sooner.

MAUSER202
03-19-13, 15:40
South Philly archery and gun in Philadelphia is having a Glock day on 4/13. They are supposed to to reps present with plenty of Glocks for sale.

ST911
03-19-13, 17:29
90 delivery to agencies and mil. 9-12 months for I/Os and commercial.

Buy from a contracted Glock LED, who has to meet purchasing and stock requirements with GI, and will be rolling inventory more regularly. They will have better position with GI than your LGS and even many wholesalers.

Using the above, I've had success at getting more than a dozen G19s and G26s for various folks in the last couple of months.

platoonDaddy
03-19-13, 17:33
Glock Hq told me 120 days for a weapon, therefore I just purchased a weapon locally and screw the military discount. I want the weapon now, not 120 days from now.

rjacobs
03-19-13, 17:33
I stumbled on a Gen4 G19 in FDE at Cabela's last night. Its now sleeping in my safe.

I do a weekly troll of some of the better gun shops as well as Bass Pro and Cabela's and I usually always find SOMETHING to buy. Last night happened to be a Glock.

HCM
03-19-13, 17:52
Try GT Dist in Austin or Dallas- They are the biggest glock LE dealer in TX- they constantly have Glocks on order as a result they have continued to receive shipments.

It's a drive but I believe they can shave several months off your wait time.

Backstop
03-19-13, 17:53
But don't quote me one deliver time, then take my money, then quote a different time. My only remedy is to cancel the order for a refund.

I would've canceled on the sole fact they lied to me.

If the supply chain crumbled and your delivery time changed, then at least a statement stating same would be appropriate.

LGS that does the mil discount stated "4 to 6 weeks" for a G19. He said all those in that program were coming in as Gen 4s...which I didn't want.

Ordered a G19 Gen 3 from PSA on 16 Jan, took delivery at my LGS (above) on 14 Feb.

Edit: Just saw you're in TX. The LGS was Dury's in SA.

Fly'nBuff
03-19-13, 18:43
FWIW, I placed an order for a Gen 4 Glock 20 (blue label) on October 31 and it was here last Thursday. Four and a half months total. This was through the GSSF program.

To tell you the truth, I figured I wouldn't see it for quite awhile. The phone call saying the gun was in sure was a surprise.

Crow Hunter
03-19-13, 18:55
No doubt.

I haven't even seen a Glock anything in a store locally since sometime back in October. They were cleaned out by the election.

MrMiller
03-19-13, 20:54
I recently spoke with a gentleman from Glock [who bent over backwards to assist a customer of mine] to get a replacement slide for a customer pistol.

In talking with him about the current situation he told me that Glock is ~900,000 pistols back ordered!
Yoiks, it's no wonder I can't buy anything! :sad:

Of course this was a couple weeks ago so it's probably only about 890,000 by now. :rolleyes:

Surf
03-20-13, 01:25
When I did my recerts for the armorer and Glock shooting instructor in late Feb, Glock went over 1 million pistols back ordered for the first time in history. They related that at current production rates they could produce 1 million pistols in 1 year. That did not include orders coming in daily. So the bottom line, if you order direct from Glock expect a wait. If you order from a larger dealer they usually have continual pistols on order even from before the panic so they tend to have a constant trickle. Distributors are obviously getting more units.

Gadfly
03-20-13, 08:39
I will be able to get my original Glock 17 back. I "sold" it, but I have yet to receive the cash. He is understanding of my predicament and seems willing to return the pistol. So now I just have to cancel my Glock order and see how long it takes them to cut me a refund check.

They were quick to cash my cashiers check, lets see how quick they are to give it back... I hope I am not waiting 270 days for a refund.

D. Christopher
03-20-13, 12:09
Sorry you got caught up in the backorder waiting game, and glad you can get your pistol back. As long as I had a Glock that worked for me I would never give it up for the promise of a slightly better deal in the future, especially for just magazines. I'm not LEO and I've never purchased directly from Glock, what advantage would there be for LEO in getting magazines directly from them? I'm confused.

In this climate you had best have a replacement in hand before you ever let anything go. Unless it's a spare and you can afford to be at the mercy of someone else's timeline. You'll get your money back quicker than you would see a new pistol, and you can make more money. You can't make a new pistol. Good luck and stay safe.

doughnut
03-20-13, 14:27
My agency ordered 30 G22s in early October and we've yet to see them. Well over 150 days and we were originally quoted 120 days, so the whole "LE orders in 90 days" seems way too optimistic. That was a pre-panic, pre-election order so who knows. Hopefully they'll show up sooner than later. Aside from the Glocks I think the Safariland goods will take even longer.

D. Christopher
03-20-13, 15:49
Doughnut early October 2012 was pre-election, but it wasn't pre-panic. It was still early in the panic but it was already ramping up in mid to late July 2012. Lots of strong indicators for both weapons and ammo from dozens of manufacturers and suppliers by late summer.

Gadfly
03-20-13, 17:53
I was trying to buy the mags directly from Glock because I could not find any mags locally. The ones I could find were in th $75 to $100 range... So if I wanted spare mags, I had to go directly to Glock or pay scalpers prices.

Just yesterday I found mags at Kiesler's Police supply for $25. So I am now stocked up and awaiting delivery.

Pre panic, a cop could order a pistol and mags directly from Glock and expect delivery in about 30 days. Ahh memories...

ST911
03-21-13, 01:19
My agency ordered 30 G22s in early October and we've yet to see them. Well over 150 days and we were originally quoted 120 days, so the whole "LE orders in 90 days" seems way too optimistic. That was a pre-panic, pre-election order so who knows. Hopefully they'll show up sooner than later. Aside from the Glocks I think the Safariland goods will take even longer.

Factory direct, via an LED, or other?

doughnut
03-21-13, 08:34
Factory direct, via an LED, or other?

LED. When the PD started looking in December 2011 the quoted order turn around was 60 days. In October 2012 the quote was 90-120 days. We've passed that but it could literally be any day now.