PDA

View Full Version : Is the insanity over???

JR TACTICAL
03-19-13, 15:04
Well, as we are all reading, the proposed AWB has been removed as well as the magazine capacity limit, and the UBC's.

Are we going to see panic buying start to slow down at all?

Your thoughts?

Doc Safari
03-19-13, 15:17
When I see ammo prices return to the point that you're not paying a dollar a round even when ordering by the thousand-round case I'll believe the panic is over.

When I make a call or click a link and I don't get the warning that the vendor is so many months behind or there is a backlog until 2014, then I will believe the panic is over.

I'm betting mid-summer at the earliest.

C-grunt
03-19-13, 15:17
I hope so. Ive already seen it slow down here in Phoenix. Shooters Vault on Happy Valley Rd has ARs in stock as well as some ammo.

Cagemonkey
03-19-13, 15:19
Never. We live from news headline to headline. We might get a temporary lull.

NoveskeFan
03-19-13, 15:20
The sooner, the better. I'm hoping for a "dump" of privately owned guns & ammo bought during the panic. Should make prices drop even faster.

sadmin
03-19-13, 15:25
nope.

50 Rounds of .22 LR Ammo by SK Rifle Match - 40gr LRN $0.50/rd [$24.75] Flag [BulkAmmo]
FEDERAL ULTRA MATCH 22 LR 40GR $0.50/rd [$24.99] Flag [Gander Mountain]
Eley Tenex 22lr 40gr. Eps 50 Pack $0.46/rd [$22.99] Flag [R&R Arms]
Federal Premium Gold Medal Rimfire Ammunition UM22A 22 Long Rifle Ultra Match 40 GR 1080 fps 50 Rd/bx $0.56/rd [$27.95] Flag [Able Ammo]
Federal AutoMatch Rimfire Ammunition AM22 22 Long Rifle Lead 40 GR 1200 fps 325 Rounds $0.37/rd [$119.95] Flag [Able Ammo]
22LR ELEY TENEX 40GR EPS 50RD BOX. $0.44/rd [$21.85] Flag [J&G Sales]
.22 LR Eley Tenex EPS Lead Flat Nose 40 Grain 50 Round Box 1085 fps 00100 $0.46/rd [$23.17] Flag [CheaperThanDirt]

JR TACTICAL
03-19-13, 15:33
The sooner, the better. I'm hoping for a "dump" of privately owned guns & ammo bought during the panic. Should make prices drop even faster.

This is what I'm hoping for too. I think that in a few months when all those people that bought 20 LPK's and BCG's they will start off loading them for a normal price.

As far as the ammo goes, I would agree with mid-summer, I think its going to take some time for the industry to recover with the ammo shortage

VooDoo6Actual
03-19-13, 15:34
Not even close to being over.
Death by a thousand cuts, attrition, lack of Capitol Infusion through contracted/constricted economy velocity of $, constitutional betrayers etc.

As the Agenda winds down it will become clearer to the slow on the uptakers, Ostriches etc.

Tik Toc

Moose-Knuckle
03-19-13, 15:39
No, it's not over.

Even if the current push goes away in DC there are the state houses that have Bloomberg money funneling in to push the agenda at the state level. The threat is never going away. As mentioned above, the state ran media's propaganda machine is in full blitzkrieg mode with it's anti-gun/anti-2A sensationalism.

brickboy240
03-19-13, 15:45
What are you smoking?

I still have not seen an AR type rifle in a gun store or a box of 22LR in over 3 months now.

If you have a 10mm or a 300WM...you got ammo at our stores. Anything else....probably not....it is a crap shoot.

I am actually thinking of selling 2 of my 22 rifles for a really nice pellet gun. At least them i can plink cheap.

-brickboy240

SteyrAUG
03-19-13, 15:48
Well, as we are all reading, the proposed AWB has been removed as well as the magazine capacity limit, and the UBC's.

Your thoughts?

No, they have to go through the motions of whatever gun control bill they decide to introduce and make sure nothing stupid gets amended to it THEN maybe things can get back to normal.

Crow Hunter
03-19-13, 15:52
What are you smoking?

I still have not seen an AR type rifle in a gun store or a box of 22LR in over 3 months now.

If you have a 10mm or a 300WM...you got ammo at our stores. Anything else....probably not....it is a crap shoot.

I am actually thinking of selling 2 of my 22 rifles for a really nice pellet gun. At least them i can plink cheap.

-brickboy240

Amen

I went to the local Gander Mountain and they had an entire wall of black shotguns, but no rifles.

They had 4 aisles of shotgun shells, but only 1 end cap of rifle cartridges and a partial of defensive handgun (no FMJ).

No .22 to be found.

Their handgun case was more full than it was on the previous stop. Last time they only had about 8-10 handguns per case. This time they had about 2x that, almost back to normal.

Although there were no Glocks or HK or S&W. Only Taurus, Beretta and gobs of FNs and Kimbers with a smattering of Sigs.

Cagemonkey
03-19-13, 16:09
Look at Colorado recently. Who saw that coming. Their going to go local. They control the Urban and many Suburban areas. Every City and yuppy town will now adopt some AWB regulations. Never mind another tragedy that will most likely occur sometime in the future.

Doc Safari
03-19-13, 16:18
Look at Colorado recently. Who saw that coming.

Well, no offense but I live in New Mexico and we sometimes joke that Colorado is just California with snow. Really. From my perspective I'm surprised it didn't happen a long time ago. I suspect New Mexico will go that way within 20 years unfortunately. The problem is that the rural population is conservative gun-owning and the city population is blue-state libtard territory. Just my HO.

Their going to go local. They control the Urban and many Suburban areas. Every City and yuppy town will now adopt some AWB regulations. Never mind another tragedy that will most likely occur sometime in the future.

True to all of that.

chadbag
03-19-13, 16:18
With regards to the current blip -- Reid just said today that he won't push it through. So, if he is telling the truth, it will take a while for things to slow down as people realize.

However, I don't think this current iteration of shenanigans is over with. Reid won't make it as easy as it looks like he is. He'll get pressure to try and sneak things through, or whatever.

It ain't over until it's over.

It is way to soon for anything to have changed in reality based on Reid's comments.

And then there will be another tragedy and it will start over again.

--

Cagemonkey
03-19-13, 16:26
Well, no offense but I live in New Mexico and we sometimes joke that Colorado is just California with snow. Really. From my perspective I'm surprised it didn't happen a long time ago. I suspect New Mexico will go that way within 20 years unfortunately. The problem is that the rural population is conservative gun-owning and the city population is blue-state libtard territory. Just my HO.

True to all of that.I hear you. Got to be forever vigilant.

boggyboy72
03-19-13, 16:35

Your thoughts?

Where did you see that?

The story I read said the AWB was out,but the rest was still on as it would be more likely to have a chance.

ETA- After reading some of the other posts in GD,you seem to be right.Now we need to be watching for them to try to pull a fast one.

Moltke
03-19-13, 16:38
Is it over? No. It hasn't been over since gun control started, and it's not over now. They're not done yet, and they'll be back for the 'assault weapons'.

Are the high prices over? No but they might stabilize.

Is the availability crisis over? No but companies are trying to catch up.

djegators
03-19-13, 16:49
“Over? Did you say 'over'? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no! ”

Ryno12
03-19-13, 17:02
If you have a 10mm or a 300WM...you got ammo at our stores. Anything else....probably not....

-brickboy240

Awesome! I've been waiting for the day when 10mm was the most prevalent ammo on the shelves!

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

Ryno12
03-19-13, 17:05
“Over? Did you say 'over'? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no! ”

Germans?

Moose-Knuckle
03-19-13, 17:09
Germans?

Bluto (John Belushi) from Animal House. :D

Doc Safari
03-19-13, 17:12
Awesome! I've been waiting for the day when 10mm was the most prevalent ammo on the shelves!

LOL! If the ammo shortage keeps up you may get to see the first AR's chambered in .257 Roberts!

:sarcastic:

Ryno12
03-19-13, 17:14
Bluto (John Belushi) from Animal House. :D

Ahh, haven't seen that since '78.

HackerF15E
03-19-13, 17:36
While the current spat of "insanity" may be winding down, it will never be "over".

Our children and their children will be fighting for their RKBA, unfortunately, too, as people will always be striving to take it away.

HES
03-19-13, 17:56
“Over? Did you say 'over'? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no! ”Germans
Let it go, he's on a roll.

HES
03-19-13, 18:01
As for it being over, this is just the first battle. Like it's been said, they are shifting to other tactics like death from a thousand cuts. This is going to be, at best, a long, multi year, fight on the political front. On the cultural front, it's going to go on a lot longer.

We have to fights going on right now. The current fight against the politicians of today. The other fight is for the next generation and the one after that. How we do with that second fight will determine it all. We need to be out there getting kids back to discovering the wonders of the outdoors that we all remember be it playing on the street or being out in the woods, part of that is shooting.

One way to do that, and yeah it may sound stupid, is get your kids, boys and girls, involved in programs such as scouting and 4-H. But on top of that be active in those organizations. Make sure that the kids have the opportunities to take advantage of the shooting programs that those groups offer. Don't let the nanny staters or helicopter parents run the show.

djegators
03-19-13, 18:09
Seriously, this is one small part of their agenda, and they're not completely abandoning it yet. In fact, the universal backgrounds part is still alive, and is much more dangerous long term anyways. And lets not forget the full court press in most states, and even on the local levels. No time to relax, in fact its time to push back even harder.

Cagemonkey
03-19-13, 18:26
[QUOTE=Ryno12;1585558]Germans? Deleted

Inkslinger
03-19-13, 18:27
http://youtu.be/71vqGyWTs3c

SteyrAUG
03-19-13, 18:57
Let it go, he's on a roll.

I think you mean "forget it he's rolling."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToWcEqQhnIU

HES
03-19-13, 20:19
I think you mean "forget it he's rolling."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToWcEqQhnIU
It's been a couple of years, so cut me some slack, will ya ;)

Speaking of which, the boys is now 13. Time to introduce him to another classic.

Doc Safari
03-19-13, 20:38
We actually have a bigger battle that no one has mentioned: our schools are moving more and more toward a zero tolerance policy to anything that is gun.

Can't even have a pop tart shaped like a pistol for ****'s sake.

We need to go on the offensive and make sure every teacher, school administrator, and politician knows that we take our 2A seriously and we will not tolerate their left-wing agenda.

THEN we will be done.

Bubba FAL
03-19-13, 21:26
Nope, not over by a long shot. The MO statehouse is being flooded with inane bills sponsored by every left-wing progressive they can scrape up in STL County. Nevermind that we have a veto-proof conservative majority in Jeff City, it's a full-court press in the hopes that something will get through. Reeks of Reichsfuhrer Bloomberg's handiwork.

Frankly, not much has changed in the 30+ years that I've been politically aware. Shit, a lot of the same people are still lurking about, trying to ban anything that goes bang.

Airhasz
03-19-13, 21:45
Not over until I see bulk bullets in quantities of 5000 for sale at every reloading site...;)

Larry Vickers
03-19-13, 23:00
Ever vigilant

Continue to get new shooters to join the NRA - we still only have 4 % of the gun buying public as members ; that needs to change or we are in big trouble down the road

And stockpile mags when the prices get down again - you want to have enough that you can say 'if they ban sale of these tomorrow I am still set for life'

And guys as much as we all love polymer AR mags you need to be stockpiling metal mags for the long haul- all plastics start to turn sour over time so 20 years from now the plastic mag of your choice might crack the first time you use it; metal ones don't have that issue

And my last piece of advice are you guys in bad areas - states that might turn to the dark side like Colorado just did - need to start thinking about an exit strategy now ; not when things go sideways

Because lets face it none of us were very surprised at what happened in Colorado - at least I wasn't - that state had been heading downhill for quite awhile

Frankly if Magpul had been thinking exit strategy awhile back they would have saved a lot of money, time , and effort

chadbag
03-19-13, 23:53
Ever vigilant

Continue to get new shooters to join the NRA - we still only have 4 % of the gun buying public as members ; that needs to change or we are in big trouble down the road

And stockpile mags when the prices get down again - you want to have enough that you can say 'if they ban sale of these tomorrow I am still set for life'

And guys as much as we all love polymer AR mags you need to be stockpiling metal mags for the long haul- all plastics start to turn sour over time so 20 years from now the plastic mag of your choice might crack the first time you use it; metal ones don't have that issue

And my last piece of advice are you guys in bad areas - states that might turn to the dark side like Colorado just did - need to start thinking about an exit strategy now ; not when things go sideways

Because lets face it none of us were very surprised at what happened in Colorado - at least I wasn't - that state had been heading downhill for quite awhile

Frankly if Magpul had been thinking exit strategy awhile back they would have saved a lot of money, time , and effort

Good advice. Thanks Larry!

I've been thinking about backup plans for various contingencies for a while now.

Luckily for me, Utah does not seem to currently be going anywhere near the road that Colorado has gone -- our gun bills this legislative period were all pro-gun bills that passed (though not yet signed). But things can change fast and we should all look at our situations and game out various contingencies so that we have clues on what we might need to be doing...

--

JR TACTICAL
03-20-13, 02:20
Thanks for all the input guys, I know that this will never stop, I was refering to these crazy people that are buying up stuff they will never use.

Hell, I was in Cabelas the other day and heard a story from one of the sales people there that some guy came in and bought all kinds of random handgun ammo and some reloading supplies.

He was asked what he was loading and he replied "I don't even have a gun, I'm just buying this to sit on and sell later, but I will get a gun in the near future":suicide:

This is the stuff I hope calms down or stops.

jpmuscle
03-20-13, 02:24
I'm more concerned over what is going to happen come the mid-term elections. History says POTUS and the dems have no chance in hell of picking up enough seats in the house the take the majority back. Bill Clinton had the best fairing of any 2nd term president and IIRC the dems only picked up 7 seats? But that doesn't make me sleep easier at night. Then of course 2016 will be very telling as to where are the future of this country is headed.

Five_Point_Five_Six
03-20-13, 06:52
I will continue to buy GI mags everytime I have the opportunity, ammo as well. I have a modest stash of mags, but nowhere near the amount I'd like to have on hand.

Five_Point_Five_Six
03-20-13, 06:55
I'm more concerned over what is going to happen come the mid-term elections. History says POTUS and the dems have no chance in hell of picking up enough seats in the house the take the majority back. Bill Clinton had the best fairing of any 2nd term president and IIRC the dems only picked up 7 seats? But that doesn't make me sleep easier at night. Then of course 2016 will be very telling as to where are the future of this country is headed.

Times have changed though. The Dems are running on the Santa Claus ticket, giving out free healthcare, cell phones, trying to save the childrenz from guns, you can't win an election running against Santa Claus when the majority of voters live life with their hands out, palms up.

Straight Shooter
03-20-13, 07:42
What I saw in my lgs yesterday.
Rack FULL of AR's. Had S&W M&P AR with some scope for $999.
PLENTY of the other lower tier ar's too. Mags available, still a bit high in price. Ive had email alerts now from 3 different vendors that have mags back in stock. Ammo is the ongoing problem.
Limits & high prices. I think by late spring/early summer the rifles/mags will be back in good supply, but we will see a worsening of the ammo shortage. Ive noticed the crowds at my area gunshops nowhere near what they were 1-2 months ago. Still busy tho.
My connection tells me the ammo supply will worsen this summer as ammo makers begin working on Federal Gov. contracts.

ADDED INFO: Saw 400 & 525 rnd. bricks of 22LR for the first time in awhile....$34.99 and $39.99 respectively.
Ammo in all calibers, just some limited to one per day, and high.

brickboy240
03-20-13, 10:37
The weird thing is that I can find 223, 7.62x39 and 45ACP everywhere. maybe not tons...but it is in stock. Hell...I even bought 3 boxes of Tula Ammo 7.62x39 at Wal Mart yesterday!

The things I am NOT seeing at all are 22LR and 9mm. I have not seen either in a gun store in 3.5 months.

Others in other states say they get 22LR easily. Some say they cannot find 45ACP.

I still see almost no mags that hold more than 10rds anywhere. For any guns....rifles or handguns. If you want a mag for your LCP or a 1911 mag....you can find it. Other mags....not so much.

The thing is that the supply varies wildly from state to state and what is in stock and what is out has no rhyme or reason to it.

But nope...the "panic" is still far from over if you ask me.

-brickboy240

VooDoo6Actual
03-20-13, 11:05
http://www.mrconservative.com/2013/03/6750-un-international-gun-ban/

PA PATRIOT
03-20-13, 11:31
This fight will never be over as it only takes "ONE" high profile shooting of children and women to give the anti's momentum to push their agenda once again.

How many mass shooting events can occur until the pro 2A politicians start to buckle and sign onto a AWB?

Just to many nuts out there and the anti's know its only a matter of time.

p22shooter30
03-20-13, 11:33
I was reading on a different forum, that one guy was at gander mountain yesterday morning when the place opened and he said there was 50 other guys there waiting as well. when the doors opened it was an all out race to the ammo section. like walmart on black Friday. I think it is going to take a while for this to die down. a long while. for the ammo at least.

D. Christopher
03-20-13, 12:24
You haven't even seen the insanity yet. Don't let down your guard and don't pass up an opportunity because it's going to get worse. Much worse. I'd love to be proven wrong.

And in VooDoo6's link above there is a quote from the great legal mind and Constitutional scholar Feinstein where she says that as a Mayor "I’ve seen the bullets that implode"...

Holy shit! Where do I get some of those Black Hole bullets? Is it from the same place you get the "shoulder thing that goes up"? If I accidentally mixed explosive bullets with implosive bullets in my high-capacity BK clips could I start a chain reaction? This stuff scares me.

https://www.m4carbine.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=15938&stc=1&d=1363801226

markm
03-20-13, 14:51
It's OVER, boys!

Cancel all your back orders and STICK IT to the dealers. Leave them hanging and then Bitch about GOUGING during the NEXT PANIC! :cool:

Moose-Knuckle
03-20-13, 15:49
http://www.mrconservative.com/2013/03/6750-un-international-gun-ban/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrkwgTBrW78

jaxman7
03-20-13, 18:53
If this sticks over say the next 5 months I'll be very interested to see how the ammo situation changes......or if it does.

Good grief just let me find some decent priced brick .22s so I can shoot my M&P 22s.

-Jax

Moose-Knuckle
03-20-13, 19:48
If this sticks over say the next 5 months I'll be very interested to see how the ammo situation changes......or if it does.

Good grief just let me find some decent priced brick .22s so I can shoot my M&P 22s.

-Jax

I don't recall seeing .22lr on the DHS procurement docs. So keep your fingers crossed that domestic manufacturers can start flooding the market with it as they fill 9mm, 40S&W, and 5.56 orders over the next few years.

RogerinTPA
03-20-13, 20:29
Not over by a long shot. It's an individual state fight now, UN small arms ban attempt not withstanding. State senators are not that visible and are not at risk as a those on the Hill. Here in FL, there's probably 8 individual Anti gun bills that have been introduced in the past two weeks. As long as individual state democrat senators try to introduce similar antigun bills at the state level, and those douche bags that continue to stake out and buy up any mainstream ammo that hits the shelves, and resell it on gunbroker, it won't be over for a long time to come. After his first election, prices actual fell below pre-election prices. This time around, the hysteria is much worse because of a new AWB was at stake, while during his the first run, it was not. Prices will come down eventually, but while he sits in that office, you can forget about ever seeing pre-December prices again.

ffhounddog
03-20-13, 22:08
I hate old people. Most of the retardos are trying to fund their retirement. I had one guy who was gouging people on 5.56 and 9mm and when I sold a Sig P228 he tried to get me to back down on the price and I said if can trade me ammo at pre Dec prices we can but he kept saying 500 rounds of .223 wolf for the gun. I told him he can take a round of the wolf and shoot though his skull.

First time I have ever told anyone no automatically based on principle.

FChen17213
03-20-13, 22:20
It's definitely not over. Have you all seen ammo prices on gunbroker? Are you kidding me? 9mm is almost $550 a case! 5.56 is like easily 75 cents a round. From what I hear, the situation is also only likely to get worse in the next year from what I hear.

Also, let's not be naive. There's going to be another mass shooting, and the anti gunners are going to push their agenda again. The media is just sitting there like vultures waiting for the next mass shooting to occur. There are over 300 million people in America today. How many wackos do you think are out there? All it takes is one. Then the liberal media will be on it in no time. They'll publicize it to no end just like they did with Newtown.

We haven't won the war against the anti-gunners. It'll never end, and sadly I think we are going to lose eventually. Young people in America don't care about guns or own guns for the most part. When a gun law passes, it's usually permanent. It's irreversible damage. All we can do is slow down the painful death of freedom and democracy in this nation.

Moose-Knuckle
03-21-13, 03:08
Also, let's not be naive. There's going to be another mass shooting, and the anti gunners are going to push their agenda again. The media is just sitting there like vultures waiting for the next mass shooting to occur. There are over 300 million people in America today. How many wackos do you think are out there? All it takes is one. Then the liberal media will be on it in no time. They'll publicize it to no end just like they did with Newtown.

After Aurora: How Mayor Bloomberg Planned to Make the Next Massacre Count

http://politicker.com/2013/03/after-aurora-how-mayor-bloomberg-planned-to-make-the-next-massacre-count/

duece71
03-21-13, 06:25
It's definitely not over. Have you all seen ammo prices on gunbroker? Are you kidding me? 9mm is almost $550 a case! 5.56 is like easily 75 cents a round. From what I hear, the situation is also only likely to get worse in the next year from what I hear.

We haven't won the war against the anti-gunners. It'll never end, and sadly I think we are going to lose eventually. Young people in America don't care about guns or own guns for the most part. When a gun law passes, it's usually permanent. It's irreversible damage. All we can do is slow down the painful death of freedom and democracy in this nation.

Agreed, eventually MSRs will be banned, its only a matter of time. Its curious as to why a tax on every rifle sold hasn't been introduced.

Airhasz
03-21-13, 09:56
It's definitely not over.

All gun owners need to migrate to one area of the country (think Texas), shit can stupid laws and patrol the border.

SPQR476
03-21-13, 10:05
Agreed, eventually MSRs will be banned, its only a matter of time. Its curious as to why a tax on every rifle sold hasn't been introduced.

There's already federal excise tax on every rifle made. You just see it in the price instead of as a tax at the register.

nml
03-21-13, 11:22
Thanks Duane, you explained FAET more politely than I would have. Too much explaining it to the ignorant past few months when they were calling for "a tax on firearms and ammunition." :rolleyes:

brickboy240
03-21-13, 11:28
In this city, people are hanging out at the big gun and ammo retailers and buying up their stock the minute it comes in. Then, they take that to one of the weekend gun shows (Houston has one almost every weekend) and sell it for over double what it retails for.

I see the Winchester 550rd boxes of plinking 22LR that sells retail for 16.99-18.99 going for 70-80 bucks at our gun shows.

Ditto for the 100rd ct. boxes of WWB 9mm and 45ACP. All going for double what you'd pay at Wal Mart for the same damn boxes.

Remember the Federal 100ct boxes of 223 you used to buy at Wal Mart for 39.95? Same thing....I have yet to see one under 60 bucks.

I know it is a "free market" but many of us work all day and do not have time to sit outside the stores or go every morning and maybe scrounge a box or two.

...sorry...this IS getting very old!

-brickboy240

Alex V
03-21-13, 13:39
...sorry...this IS getting very old!

-brickboy240

Im getting pretty frustrated myself... Even if I had the time to troll retail outlets, WalMarts in NJ don't sell ammo and the LGS have their prices even higher than gun shows.

I usually buy my ammo online, but have not been able to buy any .223/5.56 since Dec. What I have, I am afraid to shoot in case it gets worse.

Its just so frustrating, can't even enjoy my hobby anymore...

Peshawar
03-21-13, 13:45
I usually buy my ammo online, but have not been able to buy any .223/5.56 since Dec. What I have, I am afraid to shoot in case it gets worse.

http://www.ammoman.com/556x45-62-grain-danish-by-ama

03-21-13, 14:32
Paying that price just made me cry a little. At least was in stock.

markm
03-21-13, 14:40
You aren't kidding. That's brutal.

brickboy240
03-21-13, 15:21
I refuse to pay 40, 50, 60 or the crazy 80 dollars for a box of 22s that usually runs 16.99!

Sorry...I just won't do it.

I will buy a pellet gun and mothball my 22s until things cool down and supplies come back.

Hell...I can find ammo for the AK so it might get taken out more while I wait on sanity to return to the 22LR ammo market. An upside to this crazy situation?

The ONLY reason they are ASKING the crazy prices is because many are PAYING the crazy prices. If we all stop paying the high prices...they WILL come down.

Time to let the "free market" work to OUR favor...wouldn't you say?

Do not buy overpriced ammo! This shit will NOT stop until everyone stops paying the crazy prices.

-brickboy240

Moose-Knuckle
03-21-13, 16:22
I refuse to pay 40, 50, 60 or the crazy 80 dollars for a box of 22s that usually runs 16.99!

Sorry...I just won't do it.

I refuse to as well.

I haven't stepped foot in a gun show for several years due to this. I don't even bother with my LGSs for the same reason. I do however hit multiple big box stores (Wal-Mart/Academy/Dicks/Sports Authority/Cabelas/Bass Pro) daily as they have not rasied their prices. I'm still getting ammo from them at "normal" retail.