PDA

View Full Version : troy delta rail

dentron
03-20-13, 09:31
Just wondering if anyone has any experience with these, interested in the weight and how sturdy they are. Any insight is appreciated, thanks.

djmorris
03-20-13, 10:22
You can call Troy to get the exact weight but yes they are sturdy and of good quality. Troy's older rail offerings weighed a ton but their newer rail systems such as the Alpha, Bravo, Delta, and Charlie are all very fine pieces. IMO, they are by far the best rails in their price range ($150'ish). That being said, the Delta Rail seems to be significantly more expensive than its counterparts; probably due to it being one of the only of it's kind. They also improved the mounting system on recent offerings which is a huge upgrade from their original. I run mine without any thread locker (Loctite, etc) and have not had any issues over the past year or so.

I highly recommend getting the Alpha Rail for a modular rail, or the Bravo Rail for a quad rail. If you know where to look you can find most any length you desire for $150 or less, brand new. I've purchased mine on Ebay or using Bing's shopping comparison.

dentron
03-20-13, 11:04
Cool thanks for your feedback. The only reason I am not going with the alpha is the delta installs with no mods incase iwant to change it out. I also thought of buying a rifle length dd omega and notching for fsb.

djmorris
03-20-13, 11:57
Cool thanks for your feedback. The only reason I am not going with the alpha is the delta installs with no mods incase iwant to change it out. I also thought of buying a rifle length dd omega and notching for fsb.

Understood. Honestly, I wish I had kept the FSP on my BCM but it's too late now. :o

I would personally get the 'proper' length rail and keep the FSP on it. Extended rail systems are overrated, IMO. If you're running a carbine/standard length gas system then you use a 7" rail. If you're running a mid-length then you get a 9" rail, etc. You'll be happy you did this later.

dentron
03-20-13, 12:32
The only problem with that is I have a carbine length gas system and my hand feels natural right where the gas block is.

sdelam
03-20-13, 17:17
I have a delta rail and am happy with it.

dentron
03-20-13, 19:24
Is it heavy? They dont list weight on their site

slamd095
03-20-13, 19:30
I have a delta rail and am happy with it.

Thanks for update...

Perfect question at the perfect time. You started a thread that ran with my interest! :D

Where are you looking at for the Troy Rail? I have a few places, but most are OOS.

dentron
03-20-13, 20:02
http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=3266

deerndove14
04-02-13, 15:12
Rail weighs 10.91 oz. Goes on just like a two piece and then gets cranked down on the barrel nut.

Sheriff880
04-02-13, 15:59
Don't have the Delta but do have the Troy battle rail, and it's great gear. Troy is good stuff. Rocking their buis and vertical foregrip as well.