PDA

View Full Version : No swag with new rifle

12aklabs
03-20-13, 10:41
hey, DD did you stop sending some swag with the purchase of new rifles? Just wondering. Love the look and feel of my new rifle. I will post pictures after I get her all decked out.

Blak1508
03-20-13, 16:56
Did you get a rifle? And case? A Pmag? SWAG given:dance3:

12aklabs
03-20-13, 17:00
yeah got a rifle case, pmag and of course a rifle (sweet). I am just giving them a hard time :dance3:. All I really wanted was the rifle and they were quick to build and ship it. This is my forever rifle and now of course I want another one.:p

Blak1508
03-20-13, 20:25
You want SWAG and a great upgrade?? Contact my buddy Duffy aka Roger at Battle Arms Development and get a BAD CASS/ASS ambi selector.. oh and take a course, buy ammo and shoot the shit out of it, repeat....... My first was a DD, it kinda spoiled me, but after your first, building them will prob be the only thing to satisfy you

12aklabs
03-20-13, 21:48
I've got the ammo. This weekend is zeroing it in. Also have a line on a class this summer. Also, saving money for Aimpoint CompM4s and 3x mag. Thinking of changing stock for Magpul ACS FDE and a surefire Fury. I've got BRD bad.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Texas42
03-20-13, 21:55
Buy a Larue tactical mount and you'll get swag. A couple DVD's, bottle opening (excute me, tactical beverage entry tool), Dillo dust, a couple bumper stickers, and a few nice brochures.

I almost wish you could select the option not to get the swag.

Blak1508
03-20-13, 22:17
haha yeah I recieved my Mkll covert bag from LaRue today and got all that again... I would trade it for some more patches or velcro straps for my bag haha..

If your going ACS, go with the ACS-L, its a great stock I own one but I personally like the cheek wield on the STR better. IMO its the better of the 2. Also look at the Aimpoint PRO. Which model DD did you get?

12aklabs
03-21-13, 11:03
I have bought Larue rail clips and got their swag. I just love the dillo dust (didn't think I would) and the tactical beverage entry tool. My DD is a custom build on the lines of a V5. I also have another DD ordered and it is a V5 but not sure when that will get here. If it is not snowing too hard this weekend I am taking her out along with her sister (BCM 16" middy upper on a Stag lower) to sight them in. I will take pictures of both this weekend and post. :dance3:

supplex
09-29-13, 19:32
While I've only bought one complete DD rifle, I have purchased thousands of $$ worth of DD gear over the years through my dealer. Most I ever got were some stickers.

While it's not a dealbreaker, more swap would be nice. Larue is a perfect example, an ADM or used Larue mount might be slightly less expensive, but I always buy new for the swag. It's the little things.

I think hats are a perfect example, people would love to get them, and it's free advertising.

Blak1508
09-29-13, 20:14
The hats would be nice specially since dropping 1800 on one of their products, I think I got a sticker also. Regards, I have gone through 2 Daniel Defense gray hats and I am in need of a third that I will be ordering shortly, I guess if you can spend the $$ on a DD you can afford their hats . They are some nice hats also.

As far as SWAG goes LaRue is always good for a Dillo, dust, a few bumper stickers and a DVD. BCM and Geissele are up there on the generous SWAG side, although, no one beats Battle Arms Development. Roger has sent me so much neat stuff. One of my favorites is a mouse pad that decorates my new office, but yeah even if your only purchasing a small item you can be sure to have some goodies tossed in, hell one day I came home to a package of items from him without me even purchasing anything, when it comes to CS my hats off to them.

Daniel Defense are you listening? Of course this stuff is all in good fun and does not matter but as you said, free advertisement on their end, and more smiles for the kid (us) on our end.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

TacticalSledgehammer
11-04-13, 07:28
I thought there would be a little more swag myself when I bought my V5. I can't complain too much. The rifle case beats a cardboard box for sure.

Psybain
11-04-13, 13:22
Meh, I don't base my firearms purchases off of how mich random crap comes in the box. If I get something, cool, if not, no big deal.

Sent from my phone via Tapatalk.

Marler5811
11-18-13, 11:35
We've never really sent SWAG with any order unless it's been some type of promo deal. However, we are running a special right now. Between Nov 15th and November 30th, 2013, any rifle purchased from an authorized dealer qualifies for a free DD Knife and 2 additional PMags. $130 retail value. All you have to do is provide a proof of purchase and redemption form by Dec 31st, 2013 and we'll ship the free goods to you. If your dealer doesn't provide the redemption form, just shoot me an email and I'll email it over. my email address is jmarler@danieldefense.com.

dp2826
11-18-13, 12:00
Very nice! I'm picking up my V1 tomorrow. Can't wait!

Abraham
11-18-13, 12:42
Not to be a downer, but nothing is free...you're paying for all the "swag".

One of my favorite examples: Buy 3 bars of soap for a dollar and get the 4th one free.

You're buying 4 bars of soap for .25 cents each. The 4th one isn't free. If it were really "free" why can't you simply get the 4th bar without cost and forget the other 3 and the dollar cost...?

Marler5811
11-18-13, 13:29
Not to be a downer, but nothing is free...you're paying for all the "swag".

One of my favorite examples: Buy 3 bars of soap for a dollar and get the 4th one free.

You're buying 4 bars of soap for .25 cents each. The 4th one isn't free. If it were really "free" why can't you simply get the 4th bar without cost and forget the other 3 and the dollar cost...?

We didn't jack up the prices of the rifles to make up for the free goods. Everyone has Black Friday Sales. We just started ours 2 weeks early.

Abraham
11-19-13, 09:53
Marler5811,

My comments were not aimed at you - just opining in general.

Marketing techniques annoy me as marketers seem to think, and sadly, perhaps they're correct, that the general public is hopelessly naive.

Another example of marketing baloney: Free breakfast with overnight stay at our motel/hotel.

Puh-leese - Does anyone seriously believe the cost of the breakfast isn't built into the cost of the room...?

The free this and the free that, aren't...they're marketing techniques.

Am I being cynical?

Absolutely!

Marler5811
11-19-13, 10:39
We just want to do something nice for our customers or potential customers. Plain and simple. No red tape or hurdles to negotiate. Buy a DD Rifle during this time frame and get some free stuff. Some very nice free stuff. That is all.

S/F

Joe