PDA

View Full Version : 3 questions Sig 716

PaisleyJack
03-20-13, 19:58
Good evening, I'm new to AR's and have 3 questions. #1 Would anyone recommend a Trijicon TA26S-10? #2 What type of forward pistol grip is recommended ? Fixed, folding? #3 Should I have an other than stock trigger installed?

ICANHITHIMMAN
03-20-13, 20:08
I recommend not buying a sig, and trijicon is always good to go good for you I dont know.

gunnut284
03-20-13, 20:10
I can't address the foregrip question as I don't typically use them but I had a Trijicon TA26S-10 and didn't care for it at all. I found the slight magnification to be worse than either none or more magnification. It was just enough to slow me down and screw with my eyes but added nothing to my ability to see targets/etc. The amber color was less visible than either red or green as well. ACOGs are solid sights but that particular model is a dog in my opinion.

PaisleyJack
03-20-13, 20:25
What brand/type ACOG would you recommend? I already bought the Sig.

hf0311
03-22-13, 09:21
Pretty much the answer to those 3 questions depend on what your using it for, if you want it setup as a battle rifle, then leave the trigger stock, im not a huge fan of forward grips but one of the stubby ones like the ones made by Tango Down will work, for a collapsible or fixed stock, it depends on your arm length more then anything, if your a tall dude with long arms or plan on doing most of your shooting from the prone then a fixed stock will work, if your of smaller stature or want the rifle setup more for cqb then a collapsible would be better, ACOGs are solid optics and great for battle rifles and are ok for DMR weapons......If you want it to be a precision gun, and I would base that off of how mechanically accurate the gun is, I haven't shot or really talked to too many people who have outside of the Sig Academy so not sure if it could even fit the role or not, if it can, get a good trigger, maybe look more at variable power scopes then fixed 4 powers and instead of looking at vertical grips decide if you need/want a bipod instead.