PDA

View Full Version : FNG Noveske NSR rail questions .....

Kalash9305
03-20-13, 20:36
Idiot noob here. Looking at picking up a Noveske 14.5 Light Carbine with the N4 CL barrel and low profile gas block. Currently has an 11' Noveske NSR rail installed. I would like to eventually replace this with a 13.5' NSR as I like the SPR look of an extended rail out to the brake. Would I have to change the barrel nut or will I be able to keep the old one in place as they are both NSR rails .. ?? Also I would assume ( yes ... I know lol ) that the 13.5' rail would not have a problem fitting over the low profile gas block since the rails width / diameter is the same .. correct ... ?? I have tried to look it up here on the stickys but the NSR rails are kinda new and I can't find it. Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks ... !! :smile:

jerrysimons
03-20-13, 21:01
There are bolts on the sides of the NSR rail that mount it to the barrel nut. It may take some heat from a heat gun to get them to turn but once off you should be able to slide the rail off the barrel nut and off the gun entirely. If it is a factory upper you might have to wiggle the rail because the anti-rotation pin but it should come off. You would then just replace the anti-rotation pin on the longer rail and slide it back over the barrel onto the barrel nut and bolt it up using red loctite. Simple switch. If you haven't bought the upper yet, order it from Rog Tac with the rail length you want and don't worry about the switch (he quoted me 7-8 month lead time right now).

There is a lot of info about the NSR in this thread:
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=97477

Kalash9305
03-20-13, 21:06
There are bolts on the sides of the NSR rail that mount it to the barrel nut. It may take some heat from a heat gun to get them to turn but once off you should be able to slide the rail off the barrel nut and off the gun entirely. If it is a factory upper you might have to wiggle the rail because the anti-rotation pin but it should come off. You would then just replace the anti-rotation pin on the longer rail and slide it back over the barrel onto the barrel nut and bolt it up using red loctite. Simple switch. If you haven't bought the upper yet, order it from Rog Tac with the rail length you want and don't worry about the switch (he quoted me 7-8 month lead time right now).

Sounds good bro ..... thanks .... !!:D