PDA

View Full Version : Hi from California

manbearpig
03-20-13, 21:59
i'm completely new to ar's and shooting. hope to keep learning new stuff on this site. thanks.

Safetyhit
05-11-13, 18:58
Hello to you too and welcome aboard. Let us know if we can be of any help as you go.

Do you currently own any firearms?

manbearpig
05-11-13, 20:55
Hi Safetyhit, thanks for your response. I have been shooting a USP9 fullsize and at this point, I'm just trying to learn how to shoot more accurately and trying to figure out how to rid myself of my flinch when I try to pick up speed. On a good day, I can shoot maybe 5 inch groups at 10 yards with the USP shooting really, really slow. I want to take a course by a reputable instructor at some point but it's not in the cards at the moment.

stphnman20
05-11-13, 20:57
Hello and Welcome. I'm in CA also.

manbearpig
05-11-13, 21:11
Hi and thanks for the welcome.

Safetyhit
05-11-13, 21:17
Hi Safetyhit, thanks for your response. I have been shooting a USP9 fullsize and at this point, I'm just trying to learn how to shoot more accurately and trying to figure out how to rid myself of my flinch when I try to pick up speed. On a good day, I can shoot maybe 5 inch groups at 10 yards with the USP shooting really, really slow. I want to take a course by a reputable instructor at some point but it's not in the cards at the moment.

The course is a great idea, but before you attend it would benefit you to feel as comfortable and competent with the gun as possible first. This way you have a degree of confidence in yourself while performing in front of others and you can spend more time focused on absorbing the advanced criteria.

manbearpig
05-11-13, 21:26
What you're saying makes sense, thanks for the advice.

anddrivall
06-11-13, 09:06
Hi!every one.I am David and new here.I am happy to get registered with this forum.I think it will be best to share and discuss all new relevant things here.Thanks to all.

kirito
08-11-13, 10:15
welcome. im in ca too the restrictive state! =p