PDA

View Full Version : For the CO folks re: background checks

djegators
03-21-13, 19:43
Any idea how it will work?

I am guessing a lot of people will ignore the law?

I think they changed it exempt immediate family members?

Will it cover selling guns out of state, i.e. shipping to ffls?

Best of luck to y'all dealing with this crap, just curious how this will go, since they want to do this nationally.

Low Drag
03-21-13, 21:06
Any idea how it will work?

I am guessing a lot of people will ignore the law?

I think they changed it exempt immediate family members?

Will it cover selling guns out of state, i.e. shipping to ffls?

Best of luck to y'all dealing with this crap, just curious how this will go, since they want to do this nationally.

I'm involved with a 2nd A organization here in CO and have been involved for years, I have no idea how it's going to work.

BUT I'll bet you a STI 1911 that we'll get a ballot initiative on ready to rock for the 2014 election to get it repealed. Even with the Service Dog Media here in the state we have a great chance to flip the congress in 2014 as well a the Governor after the way this BS went down.

ICANHITHIMMAN
03-21-13, 21:29
I'm involved with a 2nd A organization here in CO and have been involved for years, I have no idea how it's going to work.

BUT I'll bet you a STI 1911 that we'll get a ballot initiative on ready to rock for the 2014 election to get it repealed. Even with the Service Dog Media here in the state we have a great chance to flip the congress in 2014 as well a the Governor after the way this BS went down.

Great idea you have my support

Low Drag
03-21-13, 21:43
Great idea you have my support

Colorado law gives us the ability to get a ballot measure to amend the State Constitution in a general election if we get enough signatures.

There are lots of organizations here with the juice to make it happen. Heck we have the Independence Institute, David Horowitz and a couple of good 2nd A organizations and many others are here. I think we'll get it piece of cake. Then it'll go to the people for a simple majority vote. Hell they did it for marijuana, why not mags.

The problem we have is some folks don't understand party trumps person when it comes to a legislature.

newyork
03-21-13, 21:50
If a donation is needed I will help. I'm broke so it will be as much as I can afford. My state is hurting too. I'm willing to help as many as I can. If calls are what you need I'm on that too.

Jer
03-22-13, 08:48
Laws no longer have meaning to me.

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato