PDA

View Full Version : Glock night sight question

ffhounddog
03-22-13, 04:30
I have Glock standard night sights on my Glock and the front is dimmer than the rears. I think they are about 6-8 years old. I was thinking of replacing the front only to an ameriglo front to keep the three dot configuration. I have the same on my HK P30's that I shoot. At least I would have a strong front sight and weaker rears that I prefer.

Hk P30 3 dot meps
Hk P30 3 dot Trijicons
HK P30 Dawson fron Trijicon and 10-8 rear (figureing this out)
P2000 3 dot Meps
P2000 3 dot Meps
2000sk 3 dot Meps
USPc 3 dot meps
Glock 19 gen 4 3 dot Trijicons
Glco 23 gen3 3 dot Trijicons
Sig P229 3 dot Trijicons
Sig P228 3 dot Trijicons

As you cansee most are three dot configuration

Question is most of my sights are three dot but these Ameriglo CAP sights are only 30 bucks more than just buying a front sight and look intresting. Should I just replace it now and try it out? I have Defoors and 10-8 all black sights I could also use but have two more grocks that have the plastic sights on them which need to be replaced. My Carry gun is a P2000sk so the Glock is not a 100% I have to have nightsights on it gun.

RD62
03-22-13, 06:14
I think you should give the CAP a try.

I find the painted sight face fast to acquire and it doesn't change the low light sight picture when using the tritium dots.

Straight Shooter
03-22-13, 06:36
****in LOVE my G17 & G21 with CAP sights.
They light up after being hit with light for a few seconds, and damn they are bright as hell in total darkness.
Excellent sights, imo.

Plumber237
03-22-13, 06:47
Have you seen the Trijicon HD's? They 3-dot sights, the rear does not have dots around the tritium, and the front has a bright colored (Orange, Yellow, or Green)outline around it's tritium. They're expensive, but they are some of the best sights on the market IMO. They're nice for teaching new shooters too, since it makes it impossible to focus on anything but the front sight. Out of all the night sights I've used the HD's and the Heinie QWIKs are the best of the best.

PLCedeno
03-22-13, 11:35
Have you seen the Trijicon HD's? They 3-dot sights, the rear does not have dots around the tritium, and the front has a bright colored (Orange, Yellow, or Green)outline around it's tritium. They're expensive, but they are some of the best sights on the market IMO. They're nice for teaching new shooters too, since it makes it impossible to focus on anything but the front sight. Out of all the night sights I've used the HD's and the Heinie QWIKs are the best of the best.

This. Just moved from regular Trijicons to HD Trijicons (Yellow) on my 19 and 17 and am very happy with the result. At 44 my eyes needed the extra help.

HCM
03-22-13, 14:18
This. Just moved from regular Trijicons to HD Trijicons (Yellow) on my 19 and 17 and am very happy with the result. At 44 my eyes needed the extra help.

I'm Running HD's (Orange) on My gen 4 17 and finding them a great help for my agig eyes as well.