PDA

View Full Version : NRA Joins Lawsuit Against NY

Safetyhit
03-22-13, 09:23
It's about friggin time.

NRA joins lawsuit challenging New York's gun control law

"The National Rifle Association on Thursday joined the the New York State Rifle and Pistol Association, other sportsmen's groups, firearms businesses and individual gun owners in a lawsuit challenging the state's strict new gun control law.

The federal suit, filed in Buffalo, said the law violates the constitutional rights of "law-abiding citizens to keep commonly possessed firearms in the home for defense of self and family and for other lawful purposes."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/03/22/nra-joins-lawsuit-challenging-new-york-gun-control-law/

jpmuscle
03-22-13, 11:03
Yea no kidding. The in the home thing still rubs me the wrong way though...

aguila327
03-22-13, 12:13
Yea no kidding. The in the home thing still rubs me the wrong way though...

Yeah, me too.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

ICANHITHIMMAN
03-22-13, 12:47
Thanks for posting this, why do you guys think they jumped in? It must seam winnable to them right? I sure hope so

jpmuscle
03-22-13, 12:51
Thanks for posting this, why do you guys think they jumped in? It must seam winnable to them right? I sure hope so

I would imagine it took some time for them to get their ducks in a row but for them to put such an effort in new york which is an absolute communist shithole is pretty intriguing nonetheless .

markm
03-22-13, 13:43
I would imagine it took some time for them to get their ducks in a row but for them to put such an effort in new york which is an absolute communist shithole is pretty intriguing nonetheless .

Delete per Safetyhit!

newyork
03-22-13, 13:49
Come again?!

Safetyhit
03-22-13, 13:51
Edit: Come to think of it since this is my thread I will nicely ask that the comment is either removed or just close the ****ing thread before someone says something they'll regret.

newyork
03-22-13, 13:56
Agreed. If you meant it one way and its being taken wrong, say so, otherwise, see above post

markm
03-22-13, 14:00
Edit: Come to think of it since this is my thread I will nicely ask that the comment is either removed or just close the ****ing thread before someone says something they'll regret.

But you quoted it. :fie:

I'll delete it, but it's retarded since you quoted it.

newyork
03-22-13, 14:04
Mark, you just said you wouldn't feel bad if NY was terrorized again. 3000 innocent Americans were killed for no reason. Then you call them cockroaches and pass off the blame on someone else because they quoted you. Seriously?

markm
03-22-13, 14:04
Agreed. If you meant it one way and its being taken wrong, say so, otherwise, see above post

I'm not advocating terrorism. I'm just saying that a city that would put up with such insane lunatic liberalism isn't going to get my sympathy when evil is upon them.

If I had a neighbor who hitlerized me about having guns... I wouldn't lift a finger to help him if he were victimized by a violent criminal. I don't advocate violent crime.... but hey....

markm
03-22-13, 14:07
Mark, you just said you wouldn't feel bad if NY was terrorized again. 3000 innocent Americans were killed for no reason. Then you call them cockroaches and pass off the blame on someone else because they quoted you. Seriously?

Pass of the Blame for what? I removed my post, but what is the point if he quoted it?

9/11 attacks were horrible and everyone I know was sickened by the event. But New York has become such a toilet. I'd not longer lift a finger or feel anything one way or another if something bad happened there.

newyork
03-22-13, 14:10
How do you know which of those killed were liberals and who they voted for. Why do they deserve to be victims of terrorism and in this country no less. I want liberals to stop being liberals and changing our country too but they are civilians that never deserved that.

On top of that, just because you live somewhere else, NY is part of your country and they are your countrymen. Not caring because it doesn't effect you is selfish. Our country was attacked and our people were killed in the thousands.

Safetyhit
03-22-13, 14:11
But you quoted it. :fie:

I'll delete it, but it's retarded since you quoted it.

The thread is about the good and noteworthy fact that the NRA is finally stepping up where it's needed most, not your desire to see your fellow Americans in the northeast die.

If NY erases his copy then it's done and maybe we can refocus on the positive.

markm
03-22-13, 14:16
The thread is about the good and noteworthy fact that the NRA is finally stepping up where it's needed most, not your desire to see your fellow Americans in the northeast die.

Horse shit. I never said I wanted anyone to die. My point is I won't allow myself to be emotionally taxed by their misfortune ever again.

newyork
03-22-13, 14:18
Erased it

markm
03-22-13, 14:26
Cool... I don't mean to be combative... but I get pissy when someone puts words in my mouth. ;)

Safetyhit
03-22-13, 15:03
Cool... I don't mean to be combative... but I get pissy when someone puts words in my mouth. ;)

We get that your upset the nations firearm restrictions often originate out of this region and obviously so are we. But it's not just myself and our fellow member New York, the fact remains that millions of combined gun owners live in this region and are also less than pleased.

Which makes it all the more welcome that the NRA has finally acknowledged one of us and is willing to help restore what has been lost.

jpmuscle
03-22-13, 15:09
I feel the need to point out the fact as far as Albany is concerned everything to the eest does not really exist and only NYC is new york state.

aguila327
03-22-13, 16:21
The NRA had stated from the inception of the NY SAFE act that they were going to let the NYSRPA lead on this and take a secondary role (read: $$$$). They have the financial strength to support NYSRPA and I'm sure their legal dept. Is devoting a lot of resources to this case.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

citizensoldier16
03-22-13, 18:38
"The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

What part of that does NY not understand?

Magic_Salad0892
03-22-13, 18:43
"The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

What part of that does NY not understand?

That part.