PDA

View Full Version : Railed Front Gas Block????

tuff
03-19-08, 17:32
I have had a Colt 6920 laying aorund for a while and just recently decided to do a few upgrades.... Started with a Larue 7 inch quad rail, then decided I wanted to add a single rail gas block and do away with the factory front sight.....

Well it came in and I did the install and low and behold its about a 1/4 inch lower than my Larue rail?? What the heck??? How the heck I'm I suppossed to mount my dang Troy M4 folding sights ....:confused:

BushmasterFanBoy
03-19-08, 17:35
Get a LaRue 9.0 instead of the 7 and a Lo-profile gas block and mount them on the rail itself.:D

Seriously however, I'm not aware of any proper rail height 1913 gas blocks.:(

joe139
03-19-08, 19:11
If you go in to say Bravo company and look for sights I think that is where I seen them, they make 3 different front sights one for a ar-10 one for a gas block rail and one for the regular rail you need the gas block rail sight. Hope this helped.

joe139
03-19-08, 19:18
I just checked it to make sure and the one they have is a MI it says it is a gas block mount sight I'm sure other people make them thats just the one I remembered seeing

avmech
03-19-08, 20:45
Samson and some others make sights just for railed gas blocks. They are a little longer to compensate for the height diff. I have a Samson on my Model 3 Stag.

tuff
03-20-08, 08:51
Well , I called a buddy of mine last night that was wanting a 7 inch rail, guess what?? He got one, I will be ordering a new Larue 9 incher next week... I can't let my Troy sights just sit in a box forever...LOL!!