PDA

View Full Version : Suggest a sight or general design that meets my needs...

TheHolyCannoli
03-22-13, 18:38
I have a RRA rifle that came with the Dominator rised rail with integrated sight. The rear sight isn't bad, but I hate the rail and the actual bulk of the rear sight. I do have the Eotech XPS and a magnifier on the way which will require me to ditch this Dominator rail, but I want to also work on my iron-sight shooting. I also want something that is 1) low-profile and 2) durable.

There are almost endless options, but many of these adjustable sights having settings for 300, 400, 600meters etc. It's awesome to be zeroed at 300m with a few known clicks, but realistically, I'm never going to shoot that distance. My local range is set up at 25, 50, 100, and 150yards. Besides range time, I may try to do a bit of deer hunting or varmint shooting, but again, that probably isn't going to extend much farther than 100yards.

Since I'm not not heading to overseas (much thanks to all those men/women who have volunteered to do it for me), I don't quite need a military-spec/durable sight that reaches out to 600m. So with the above in mind, what rear sight would work best?