PDA

View Full Version : DPMS? POF?

NetJunkie
03-19-08, 18:22
I have a DPMS LRT-SASS on order. It's at least a month or more out before it'll be built. The only change I made (other than the PRS stock for '08) was chromed bolt. I've also recently been looking at POF's 20" SPR.

Suggestions? Cancel the DPMS and order the POF or stick with what I have? The POF is ~$500 more than the DPMS. I've seen very little negative information on the DPMS .308 guns. The reviews of the SASS I've seen are <1moa and usually in the .5moa range. I'll be very happy if I can shoot that well.

Thoughts? POF a big quality jump? Not sure I care about a piston design on this gun. Low round count expectations. At most I might shoot 100 rounds on a trip to the range....but, I like to have quality stuff.

mpardun
03-19-08, 21:37
~3/4" MOA for the 18" SPR .556 POF 416. Took 8 months to get it, but the workmanship, fit, finish & reliability is flawless all around! No hesitation except the wait. Just added the Surefire MB556 and FA556k suppressor 2 weeks ago - WOW!

I have a brand new Swaro z6i scope on it that I bought after testing side by side with S&B Short Dot II...love it, a true 1-6x circle dot scope, bright daylight and night compatible, with amazing glass!

Here is a pic:
http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z302/mpardun/MP_SPR_LT.jpg

JoshNC
03-19-08, 21:51
~3/4" MOA for the 18" SPR .556 POF 416. Took 8 months to get it, but the workmanship, fit, finish & reliability is flawless all around! No hesitation except the wait. Just added the Surefire MB556 and FA556k suppressor 2 weeks ago - WOW!

I have a brand new Swaro z6i scope on it that I bought after testing side by side with S&B Short Dot II...love it, a true 1-6x circle dot scope, bright daylight and night compatible, with amazing glass!

Here is a pic:
http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z302/mpardun/MP_SPR_LT.jpg

Very nice setup. How about a review and some close-up pics of the Swarovski z6i? Looks sweet.

NetJunkie
03-20-08, 08:54
Very nice. The 8 month wait is a concern though. I'd really like one to take to the range this spring.

usaffarmer
03-20-08, 23:45
if time is a factor the go with DPMS, but you will be kicking yourself later. The POF systems are worth the wait and every penny!!!!!

TUNNEL RAT 33
03-21-08, 00:40
I second that !