PDA

View Full Version : New production BCUSA magazines seem to be out of spec....

digdug18
03-23-13, 12:32
Just bought some more mags from bravo company usa. I just tried them in a CMMG receiver I have half together, and 4 out of the 10 work great, and drop free.

The other 6 seem rather large. The hit at the front left corner, and the rear spline. To the point that I need to use force to get them in.

I was wondering if anyone else was having problems with BCUSA's new mags or if it was just me?

And Yes, I know I bought cheaper mags, the aren't colt, lancer, etc. But the older ones I've bought from them seem to work great straight from the box. Just trying to figure out if it's just this receiver that might have been a little tight on tolerances from the CMMG factory, or that Bravo Company is now trying to rush, and the result are more lax standards.. Though I imagine it could be both.

These are the mags in question: http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/AR15-Magazines-p/magazines%20dh%20gt30%2010pack.htm

kmrtnsn
03-23-13, 12:36
From the orange button on the right side, top of the page.

4) Contact The Manufacturer or Dealer First – Internet forums have a large global audience and unsubstantiated or ill-informed comments will affect the livelihoods of a lot of hard working people in the industry. If you have an issue with a manufacturer or dealer that you would like to resolve, we ask that your first contact them to resolve it.

Dave L.
03-23-13, 13:06
This is headed to Lockville, hold on to your hats!

polymorpheous
03-23-13, 13:39
A CMMG lower, but the BCM stuff is out of spec?

Iraqgunz
03-23-13, 14:11
Step 1. Check magazines in a quality lower that has a reputation for being correct.

Step 2. Contact the manufacturer in the event that step 1 shows the product us in fact out of spec.