PDA

View Full Version : LMT Uppers

BVickery
03-19-08, 23:22
Are LMT only available as a completed upper? I was hoping to match a Noveske barrel with a LMT upper w/o having to pay for both.

Paulinski
03-20-08, 09:24
As far as I know Noveske doesn't sell N4 barrels by itself neither does LMT just sell upper only.

I know it would be a hassle but in order to get a N4 with LMT upper you'd have to buy both swap the parts around and sell a LMT barrel with Noveske upper (which would not be a bad upper at all so sell)

tiger seven
03-20-08, 10:13
LMT doesn't sell stripped uppers, only completes.

Grant (G&R Tactical) might be able to hook you up. He might have an LMT upper sitting around that he took the barrel off of for someone else's build. He also sells Noveske barrels. :)

I'd email him and ask. It's worth a try, I guess.

Derek

BVickery
03-20-08, 10:25
Thanks for the information.

Now, if I can afford one or the other which should I choose? I figure both are going to run me about the same and I plan on eventually matching my upper with a suppressor.

ckay
03-20-08, 10:35
Wes over at MSTN can build you an N4 barrel on an LMT receiver.

I got a quote for $850 for that combination with a Larue 7.0. If you want his email address, shoot me a PM.

I don't know if that saves you any money in regards to parting out a stripped receiver, buying the barrel, and then the handguards but thought I'd share the info I received from Wes on my own inquiries in regards to an LMT build that I had in mind which, coincidentally is very much like yours.

Paulinski
03-20-08, 10:35
I would go with N4 or the new midlength from Novske. John's barrels are top notch.

BVickery
03-20-08, 14:14
If I go with Noveske whats this VIS aspect that is one of the options for uppers.

tiger seven
03-20-08, 14:28
If I go with Noveske whats this VIS aspect that is one of the options for uppers.

Vltor VIS: http://www.vltor.com/vis.htm

It's basically an upper receiver and railed handguard combined into a single unit. Very nice stuff.

Derek

Severian
03-20-08, 15:47
blank