S&W/Magpul forged lower and lower parts
Geissele G2S
Norgon ambi mag release
BAD-ASS in FDE cerakote
BCM Gunfighter grip mod 1
Noveske QD endplate
Vltor A5 tube and a5h2 buffer
Springco green rifle spring
Magpul STR (it needs at least one piece of Magpul on it, haha. Also one of like 4 stocks that close all the way on an A5... emod, str, acs, acs-l)

Misc:
BFG padded VCAS sling with sewn-in QD
PIG FDT-Alpha gloves

Ammo test:
PMC Bronze .223 FMJBT 55 gr - Cycles, does not lock back on last round. I imagine it'll have FTE problems when the gun gets dirtier.
Wolf .223 HP 55 gr - Does not cycle, FTE all over the place. I'm guessing this is the mid-length 14.5" + A5 setup causing this.
Federal XM193 - Cycles and locks back 100%
Hornady TAP FPD .223 OTM 75 gr - Cycles and locks back 100%, good accuracy
Federal XM556SBCT3 / XM556FBIT3 bonded soft point 62 gr - Cycles and locks back 100%, extremely pleasant to shoot.

To do:
Mount a flash light on the rail section, I actually have a few, but haven't settled on which to use yet.

If you remember a thread I had earlier, Monty offered to pin the gas block since the dimple was mis-aligned. I declined and had a local gunsmith do it since I needed to pin the FH anyway. But great customer service.

I chose the parts to be as light weight as possible while being at least relatively durable and combat-accurate. Comes out to just over 8 lbs unloaded, which is more than I wanted :( . Every part on this besides the ACOG was acquired new (but most second hand) since December 2012. And I think the ACOG is the only part I'm not super happy with right now, I think a 1-4 or 1-6 would have been a better choice although not as light weight.

Wake27
03-24-13, 07:26
Aren't those Magpul lowers pretty rare?

PhoPoweR
03-24-13, 07:55
Aren't those Magpul lowers pretty rare?

It's the new version that's produced by s&w.
http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product4_750001_750051_802553_-1_757785_757784_757784_ProductDisplayErrorView_Y

jonconsiglio
03-24-13, 07:57
I really like that. When it's time to rebarrel my 14.5" BCM, I'm thinking the mid weight Centurion or Noveske n4 will be the way to go.

Monty is a solid guy by all accounts. I've never heard a bad thing about him.

How do you like the NSR? I run RIS II's now and will likely continue to. But, I want to build an 11.5" to replace my 10.5" and might try the NSR. Just wish they made a 10" version.

I think the new Leupold Mk6 1-6 would be perfect on that rifle.

Edit - I've been using the A5 since they first came out. I no longer use them on mid length 14.5" rifles. For everything else they're pretty much good to go.

Koshinn
03-24-13, 14:30
I really like that. When it's time to rebarrel my 14.5" BCM, I'm thinking the mid weight Centurion or Noveske n4 will be the way to go.

Monty is a solid guy by all accounts. I've never heard a bad thing about him.

How do you like the NSR? I run RIS II's now and will likely continue to. But, I want to build an 11.5" to replace my 10.5" and might try the NSR. Just wish they made a 10" version.

I think the new Leupold Mk6 1-6 would be perfect on that rifle.

Edit - I've been using the A5 since they first came out. I no longer use them on mid length 14.5" rifles. For everything else they're pretty much good to go.

I love the NSR. The only thing I would like is if it came with a couple rail sections and covers instead of having to find them in stock.

The main reasons I went for the NSR are weight, the ability to run polymer covers, and its low profile. I'm not sure how durable it is, but everything else about it is pretty much perfect. If the rail covers didn't exist for keymod, I'd be using a quad rail.

I can see why you don't run the a5 on 14.5 middys lol. I considered that too, but as I'm going to run it suppressed (one more month!), the extra back pressure will improve reliability.

Also, which reticle do you like on the Mk6?

NoveskeFan
03-24-13, 15:04
Did you have the lower from a rifle or are just the lowers available?

bigbang
03-24-13, 15:04
Looks good! Making me anxious to finish my AR.

Koshinn
03-24-13, 15:24
Did you have the lower from a rifle or are just the lowers available?

Came with an upper. Sold the upper for the price of the entire rifle, so I basically got the lower for free.

NoveskeFan
03-24-13, 15:28
Came with an upper. Sold the upper for the price of the entire rifle, so I basically got the lower for free.

You suck...:D Sweet build, BTW!

Koshinn
03-25-13, 11:42
You suck...:D Sweet build, BTW!

Thanks!

hydro556
03-26-13, 15:24
Beautiful carbine. So you have plenty of room to mount the AAC can? Or have you tried yet? Looks to me that you will.

I am building basically the same upper, but with Noveske's 14.5" lightweight stainless barrel and 13.5" NSR rail. Just hoping there's plenty of room to mount my sdn6 can.

Koshinn
03-27-13, 00:17
Beautiful carbine. So you have plenty of room to mount the AAC can? Or have you tried yet? Looks to me that you will.

I am building basically the same upper, but with Noveske's 14.5" lightweight stainless barrel and 13.5" NSR rail. Just hoping there's plenty of room to mount my sdn6 can.

Haven't tried quite yet, my SDN-6 is at 5 months waiting for the tax stamp. However, it does have enough room to mount.