PDA

View Full Version : Bloomberg Touts Anti-Gun Ad Blitz

platoonDaddy
03-24-13, 04:45
Last year he made 5Billion, 12 million is nothing to this master of the nanny state.

New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg announces $12 million television ad campaign meant to pressure senators into backing gun control efforts, including comprehensive background checks.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/03/24/bloomberg-mayor-group-tout-big-gun-control-push/

EDIT: check out this low information voter, sitting on the tail gate of his pickup! http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2013/03/robert-farago/mayors-against-illegal-guns-new-ad-stereotypes-gun-owners/

Am I seeing things: bolt in battery and finger on trigger?

LowSpeed_HighDrag
03-24-13, 04:49
If your state is on the chopping block, beware. Bloomberg's money travels faster and hits harder than you may be able to comprehend. Just ask those of us in CO if you dont believe me....

jpmuscle
03-24-13, 05:43
The stupidity of people never ceases to amaze me. I mean honestly how does anyone not see through this charade?

Thank you low information voter for contributing to our once great nation's now steady decline. :rolleyes:

platoonDaddy
03-24-13, 07:42
check out this low information voter, sitting on the tail gate of his pickup!

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2013/03/robert-farago/mayors-against-illegal-guns-new-ad-stereotypes-gun-owners/

ICANHITHIMMAN
03-24-13, 07:51
Where are all the pro gun billionaires to counter this nut? I need to win the mega.

jpmuscle
03-24-13, 08:06
Where are all the pro gun billionaires to counter this nut? I need to win the mega.

I know right.

Five_Point_Five_Six
03-24-13, 09:51

Us gun owners are all backwoods, cousin humpin' trailer trash, at least that's what I learned on Piers Morgan.

Zane1844
03-24-13, 10:14
I just heard this idiot say he is pro 2A. :rolleyes:

It is all about "da kidz."

HackerF15E
03-24-13, 10:37
Anyone seen the ad? It is pretty much exploiting the differences between fudds/hunters and sport/defensive/tactical shooters.

This is the time that we all need to stand together and put aside petty and stupid differences between our communities. An outsider is attacking -- we need to keep the wagons circled.

I think most of the readership of this forum understands this; it largely seems to be the fudds who don't.

jpmuscle
03-24-13, 10:42
I'm honestly kinda surprised he ONLY spend 12 million.

Guess he Cuomo were to busy circle jerking each other in Albany to add more zeros to the check.

MountainRaven
03-24-13, 11:12
Anyone seen the ad? It is pretty much exploiting the differences between fudds/hunters and sport/defensive/tactical shooters.

This is the time that we all need to stand together and put aside petty and stupid differences between our communities. An outsider is attacking -- we need to keep the wagons circled.

I think most of the readership of this forum understands this; it largely seems to be the fudds who don't.

The only problem is, at least according to a recent Pew Poll, hunters and fudds comprise just over a quarter of the gun-owning public in the US. Defensive/"tactical" shooters are nearly half, with sport shooters being a fairly small minority.

I'm not arguing that we should uncircle the wagons and carry on, nor am I arguing that the fudds and hunters leaving won't leave a big gap in the laager, but if they do, it won't represent as much of a loss of force as we might fear (or that Bloomberg might hope).

jpmuscle
03-24-13, 11:17
The only problem is, at least according to a recent Pew Poll, hunters and fudds comprise just over a quarter of the gun-owning public in the US. Defensive/"tactical" shooters are nearly half, with sport shooters being a fairly small minority.

I'm not arguing that we should uncircle the wagons and carry on, nor am I arguing that the fudds and hunters leaving won't leave a big gap in the laager, but if they do, it won't represent as much of a loss of force as we might fear (or that Bloomberg might hope).

I think that is what the Bloombergs and alike fear most. The fact that the hard-line gun culture is becoming more and more mainstream with each passing year.

tb-av
03-24-13, 11:49
LaPierre did pretty good today. Now how many will hear it.... who knows. As he told David Gregory,,, you guys are not going to report the facts... that laws are not being enforced and only non-criminals will have their names check.

It's not universal when you leave the criminals out of the process.

FlyingHunter
03-24-13, 11:57
I'm a lifetime member, certified instructor, recruit new members, and very pro NRA. That said, I wish the NRA had produced a multimillion dollar ad campaign FIRST. Now, and as often we find ourselves, we must counter-offensive or at least produce some defensive media efforts.

jpmuscle
03-24-13, 12:16
There is so much hypocrisy in this video....

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/3032608/vp/51308963#51308963

So people have a right to use a firearm in self defense? Unless of course you live in NYC eh Bloomy??

:rolleyes:

boggyboy72
03-24-13, 13:40

Just a quick question about what happened in CO.

Did hunters come out against the anti gun laws or mostly stay home?I could see how someone who hunts Elk and Deer with a bolt gun might say "so what,it doesn't effect me".

Myself I think a bolt action hunting rifle could easily become a Sniper Rifle some day.

platoonDaddy
03-24-13, 14:58
My brother-in-law big elk hunter in CO, is pro AWB. His son and I have been working on him, but haven't changed his mind. Jim is a veteran and probably never voted for a dem in his life, but certainly is pro AWB and against hi-capacity magazines. His come back is: it only takes one shot. Doubt we will ever change his mind.

Friggin discouraging.

Edit - forgot to add: maybe with the nanny mayor now crisscrossing the country harping on AWB, Jim might see the light. Have to work on that angle!

MountainRaven
03-24-13, 15:15
My brother-in-law big elk hunter in CO, is pro AWB. His son and I have been working on him, but haven't changed his mind. Jim is a veteran and probably never voted for a dem in his life, but certainly is pro AWB and against hi-capacity magazines. His come back is: it only takes one shot. Doubt we will ever change his mind.

Friggin discouraging.

Edit - forgot to add: maybe with the nanny mayor now crisscrossing the country harping on AWB, Jim might see the light. Have to work on that angle!

He hunt with a smoke pole, then?

If it only takes one shot, you don't need a repeater. And if you're not using a repeater, you sure won't have time to load a second shell. And if you're not loading a second shell, there's no sense using metallic self-contained cartridges.

Because you only need one shot.

Does he CCW a sword, too?

:sarcastic:

jpmuscle
03-24-13, 15:50

Rape whistle most likely. :D

platoonDaddy
03-24-13, 15:51
He hunt with a smoke pole, then?

If it only takes one shot, you don't need a repeater. And if you're not using a repeater, you sure won't have time to load a second shell. And if you're not loading a second shell, there's no sense using metallic self-contained cartridges.

Because you only need one shot.

Assume you are being facetious or just as frustrated as I and his son are. As a eleven bang-bang, he had an ASI and his motto was one-shot-one-kill.

Of course he doesn't CCW, he doesn't see the need. That is the mentality if we are to win, we need to conquer. Facetious will not win the battle and or more importantly the war. For those of us who love our freedom to shoot whatever we want, we need to first conquer the doubters.

Being facetious OR cute, is just plain silly.

Waylander
03-24-13, 16:13
I just got the NRA product catalog in the mail and for the first few pages I expected it to have few if any pictures of AR15s or tactical gear but was a little surprised it actually does have quite a few.

I wouldn't count the hunters out just yet, I think quite a few of them are coming around and the ones that haven't are in the minority of the minority.

Larry Vickers
03-24-13, 16:23
I would tell your brother in law there is a direct correlation between the number of rounds your weapon holds and IQ

Clearly he is the type that only needs one shot - it is best for all of us

All the pro AWB Fudds can pound it as this time around no one cares or wants to hear their opinion - and all of us damn sure won't lift a finger to help them when the anti's go after their 'sniper' rifles

Screw 'em

And another thing; just because someone served in the military doesn't automatically give them a pass- remember for a lot of people it is just a giant welfare system and for every meat eater on duty there are dozens of slackers that in many cases take the easy way out repeatedly ; in fact they make a career of it

ICANHITHIMMAN
03-24-13, 17:37
I live in NY but I have not seen any of these adds yet, I would change the channel and never watch it again. I change the radio station on good songs because the singers are anti hunting, PETA, or what ever.

LAV
Your comment makes me think of my last tour, I was an SSG at the time plenty of SFC and MSG above me and somehow I wound up the 1SGT, WTF you ant kidding when you speak about slackers.

I still remember the look on my CO face when I asked why me, it was like I just walked into a screen door and everyone saw.

ZGXtreme
03-24-13, 17:49
Wonder if Boone Pickens is an NRA Member... could use his resources at the moment.

MountainRaven
03-24-13, 18:20
Assume you are being facetious or just as frustrated as I and his son are. As a eleven bang-bang, he had an ASI and his motto was one-shot-one-kill.

Of course he doesn't CCW, he doesn't see the need. That is the mentality if we are to win, we need to conquer. Facetious will not win the battle and or more importantly the war. For those of us who love our freedom to shoot whatever we want, we need to first conquer the doubters.

Being facetious OR cute, is just plain silly.

Silly was the intent.

Unless he actually does use a muzzle loading rifle, he's just another dude using a military weapon adapted to civilian use. He just doesn't realize it.

scottryan
03-24-13, 19:51
To put this into perspective:

Bloomberg's net worth and power is more or less equal to that of the entire gun industry.

Think about that guys....

platoonDaddy
03-24-13, 20:06
To put this into perspective:

Bloomberg's net worth and power is more or less equal to that of the entire gun industry.

Think about that guys....

Don't know how much he dropped in Colorado, for sure it was mucho.

The gov of MD got his marching orders after mayor nanny met in Jan of this year with gun control advocates at John Hopkins (JHU). The gathering resulted in marching orders for the gov AWB to the MD legislators. Prior to his departure, he pledged another $350 million to JHU and behind closed doors monies to the gov run in 2016 for POTUS.

He has more money than god, the NRA and gun industry doesn't have sufficient funds to fight him round per round. The only way to beat him is for all firearms owners to unite at the voting booth!

BALTIMORE -- New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg has pledged $350 million to Johns Hopkins University, mainly to expand its interdisciplinary research on an array of issues including global health and urban revitalization as his lifetime giving to his alma mater eclipses $1 billion.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/27/michael-bloomberg-johns-hopkins_n_2563494.html

tb-av
03-24-13, 20:27
Wonder if Boone Pickens is an NRA Member... could use his resources at the moment.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/t-boone-pickens-praises-bloomberg-d-better-off-192215237--politics.html

glocktogo
03-24-13, 23:02
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/t-boone-pickens-praises-bloomberg-d-better-off-192215237--politics.html

Money men rarely care about the concerns of the common man. They only care about money, and the power necessary to make more. :(

ZGXtreme
03-24-13, 23:07

Well there goes that...

Money men rarely care about the concerns of the common man. They only care about money, and the power necessary to make more. :(

...all he cares about is money, energy issues to make more money, and Oklahoma State Athletics.

nml
03-25-13, 12:27
Jim is a veteran and probably never voted for a dem in his life, but certainly is pro AWB and against hi-capacity magazines. His come back is: it only takes one shot.Ask him if remembers JFK. Then ask him what his comeback will be when his elected representatives are on TV saying, "We need an outright ban on all of them. It only takes one shot." That's literally how thin the line is. Fudds need to wake up.

tb-av
03-25-13, 13:38
Well there goes that...

Not sure which way the Walton family leans but they have some serious money.

11. Christy Walton & family
Net worth: $28.2 billion
Source of wealth: Wal-Mart

14. Jim Walton
Net worth: $26.7 billion
Source of wealth: Wal-Mart

==========
13. Michael Bloomberg
Net worth: $27 billion
Source of wealth: Bloomberg LP

platoonDaddy
03-25-13, 15:36
Am I seeing things: bolt in battery and finger on trigger?

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2013/03/robert-farago/mayors-against-illegal-guns-new-ad-stereotypes-gun-owners/

TAZ
03-25-13, 16:49
In with LV. Screw the fudds. If they choose to sell us out to cover their own asses then ill be the last person to help their sorry asses out of the fire when the time comes. And the time WILL come.

Don't the new laws in CO outlaw common shot guns cause their tubes could be modified to hold more than the min # of legal rounds? If that crap doesn't wake these idiots up to their eventual future on the targeted list they are tits on a boar useful to begin with.

platoonDaddy
03-25-13, 18:17
Don't the new laws in CO outlaw common shot guns cause their tubes could be modified to hold more than the min # of legal rounds? If that crap doesn't wake these idiots up to their eventual future on the targeted list they are tits on a boar useful to begin with.

Believe I read that the restriction on shotgun magzines were pulled. I am sure someone from CO will be able to right the rudder.