PDA

View Full Version : The Mega / Bravo Company build is complete

thebuckeye
03-24-13, 08:43
First off, sorry about the crappy cell phone photos...

I finished this build off around a week ago or so. I snapped a photo of the parts (minus the Magpul ACS-L stock) before I got started. The lower parts kit is a RRA two stage trigger setup.

Haven't done any accuracy tests yet (have not purchased an optic for it yet), but it cycled everything I put through it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v83/buckeyebuckhntr/e517bd94-11d9-4b67-9e95-758e2c9f07ef.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v83/buckeyebuckhntr/a2772053-bf78-487b-948e-ca5d71da0d24.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v83/buckeyebuckhntr/3d05a4d0-5ee7-4d96-9398-3645232158ef.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v83/buckeyebuckhntr/83de0970-1c8b-4b41-9aa0-187ec0f47d4b.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v83/buckeyebuckhntr/7a7e62b3-ed9e-4398-9d1f-3a03d50a17c7.jpg

The upper started out with an A2 gas block / front sight post and no handguard from Bravo Company. I removed the A2 gas block and added a Troy low profile gas block then cut the delta ring off of the barrel nut and installed a Centurion Arms 12" C4 rail. This is a midlength gas system.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v83/buckeyebuckhntr/3ace1ea2-2515-43db-a473-6433a39692a1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v83/buckeyebuckhntr/IMAG1365.jpg

Dave L.
03-24-13, 09:03
Nice build.

Why do people keep wasting money on KNS pins :confused:

thebuckeye
03-24-13, 09:13
Nice build.

The pins supplied with my RRA two stage parts kit would not go into my lower receiver (on another Mega lower I had) without excessive force, I was tapping them fairly hard with my brass hammer.... They just did not want to go in.

The RRA supplied pins were just to tight, so I ordered these last time and they went in perfectly, they are the .155 pins. So I got them again.

RelliK
03-24-13, 09:25
shoot the hell out of it.

Rockyriver
03-27-13, 19:51
Nice build.

The same reason that people buy fancy rims and tires for there new car, The KNS pins look cool as heck.:D

thebuckeye
03-27-13, 21:04
The same reason that people buy fancy rims and tires for there new car, The KNS pins look cool as heck.:D

Oh yes, how could I leave that reason out of my previous reply :dirol:

FireCop
04-09-13, 17:34
My rock river elite operator trigger pins walk out regularly, will be replacing them with kns. Also they improve trigger pull consistency and crispness.

OP- Nice gun how do you like that umbrella grip??

Wake27
04-09-13, 18:30
My rock river elite operator trigger pins walk out regularly, will be replacing them with kns. Also they improve trigger pull consistency and crispness.

Are you stating that as an opinion or a fact?

thebuckeye
04-09-13, 20:03

Still in the courting stage so to speak.... Seems OK, but definitely not married to it.

They are a little slick, it needs more texture IMO. I haven't shot it wet or with sweaty hands yet. So I really don't have a solid opinion on it yet.

HCPrepper
04-10-13, 04:34
Very nice build, I will be adding KNS pins to my 6920 shortly myself.

Never had any problems with walk out, but as was previously posted, it's for the "bling" effect :D

Litpipe
04-10-13, 05:56
Still in the courting stage so to speak.... Seems OK, but definitely not married to it.

They are a little slick, it needs more texture IMO. I haven't shot it wet or with sweaty hands yet. So I really don't have a solid opinion on it yet.

Nice build. I could be wrong, but I thought the UCWRG grips were slick for the exact reason of stippling by customers. Clean slate so to speak.

Littlelebowski
04-10-13, 07:24
Nice build. I could be wrong, but I thought the UCWRG grips were slick for the exact reason of stippling by customers. Clean slate so to speak.

I'd hit it with grip tape.

CQC.45
04-10-13, 07:48

This is correct.

Retiredbroke
04-10-13, 09:43
Nice setup!

ra2bach
04-10-13, 09:47

really? and you have them installed with the hammer spring legs in the groove?..

Swstock
04-10-13, 11:32
Big fan of Mega stuff here.

fixit69
04-11-13, 16:34
The pins supplied with my RRA two stage parts kit would not go into my lower receiver (on another Mega lower I had) without excessive force, I was tapping them fairly hard with my brass hammer.... They just did not want to go in.

The RRA supplied pins were just to tight, so I ordered these last time and they went in perfectly, they are the .155 pins. So I got them again.

Then you have out of spec pins. You really shouldn't need the KNS. But if it what you want... Nice build by the way.

thebuckeye
04-11-13, 20:58
Then you have out of spec pins. You really shouldn't need the KNS. But if it what you want... Nice build by the way.

The Rock River two stage trigger takes oversized pins. They are a tight fit in most receivers, they were just overly tight in the Megas.

fixit69
04-11-13, 21:00
I must be lacking somewhere. I did not know they produced oversized pins. Ill have to educate myself. I had a RR two stage that worked fine with mil spec pins.

thebuckeye
04-11-13, 21:02
I must be lacking somewhere. I did not know they produced oversized pins. Ill have to educate myself. I had a RR two stage that worked fine with mil spec pins.

.156 pins on the two stage trigger assemblies.

Iraqgunz
04-12-13, 02:51
That's ok. You will more than likely be replacing that RRA trigger as well. Lots of them have had issues some as early as 500 rounds. The only trigger really worth a shit is the Geissele. Any company that can't even get the trigger pin sizes correct should be a wake up call.

Alas, some people must learn the hard way I suppose.

The Rock River two stage trigger takes oversized pins. They are a tight fit in most receivers, they were just overly tight in the Megas.

Red falcon
04-20-13, 11:14
Nice build! Mega lowers are awesome, its a great lower for the price point. +1 for a Geissele, nothing short of perfection other than cost.

VaeVictis
04-20-13, 11:54
That's ok. You will more than likely be replacing that RRA trigger as well. Lots of them have had issues some as early as 500 rounds. The only trigger really worth a shit is the Geissele. Any company that can't even get the trigger pin sizes correct should be a wake up call.

Alas, some people must learn the hard way I suppose.

I too am curious about the trigger. I had a RRA NM trigger that crapped out in less than 1k rounds, after that and reading stories similar to mine I was done with anything RRA. OP you should keep us updated on the round count, I'd like to see how long the trigger will last.

Airhasz
05-21-13, 22:30
I hear good things about bcm

Please elaborate.