PDA

View Full Version : How do you carry your speedloader?

GrandPooba
03-24-13, 16:18
Belt mounted pouch (if so, which one) or do you just throw it in your pocket?

I have speedstrips but am thinking of augmenting them with a speedloader.

striped1
03-24-13, 19:18
speed strips in back pocket

ImBroke
03-24-13, 20:20
Safariland Comp 1 in their model 371 split-six holster when I had a J frame. Haven't found anything similar for the HKS M36 which my LCR requires.

Speed strips in the Dillon IHL speed strip wallet.

PA PATRIOT
03-25-13, 11:25
Two Speed strips in a belt clip small phone case. Found a perfect fit case at a "Five Below" store and its been holding up nicely for the past three years.

Speed loaders are harder to carry when in shorts and tee shirt and look like rocks in your pocket. Plus with the smaller five shot speed loaders I'm actually slower on my reloads with the snub then if I just use my speed strips doing a 2/2/1 recharge.

rathos
03-26-13, 02:05
two safariland comp 1s in my pocket

03-26-13, 08:25
"Speed" Strip in pocket.

CobraBG
03-26-13, 16:11
Speed loader loose in my left front pocket and J frame in a pocket holster in my right front pocket. That's when I don't feel comfortable concealing my usual carry, a gen3 Glock 30SF.

iCarbine
07-11-13, 16:55
When I carry my 3" GP100, I use speed loader pouches from Simply Rugged. They wrap around the belt and contain the loader while the belt supports the loader by splicing the rounds with 3 outside the belt and 3 inside (rounds pointing down). This is the most compact way to carry speed loaders that I've found.

youngAR
07-14-13, 12:42
Safariland belt clip holder.

T2C
07-14-13, 13:06
I carry speed strips in my pockets. I carry speed loaders in a jacket pocket once in a while. When I carried speed loaders in my pants pockets, the speed loader frequently managed to leave loose rounds in my pockets.

I would like to see a company develop a speed loader holder that hangs inside the pants between the navel and groin area. The holder could be to the left or right of center for obvious reasons. I don't think it would be any slower than digging a speed strip out of my pants pocket.

Timbonez
07-14-13, 13:37
I carry my speed strip in the little 5th pocket of my jeans.

The Dumb Gun Collector
07-14-13, 16:02
Strong side pocket under pistol

jmoore
07-14-13, 16:34
I can't verbally describe it well - but I straddle the top of my belt with the loader or moonclip. I run a thick rubber band from the knob, under he belt and back onto the knob. When grabbed with force - the rubber band breaks and flies off somewhere - and I'm ready to load.
John

SPDGG
07-14-13, 18:26
Comp 1: Strong Side - Pants/Shorts Pocket under belt, or Cargo Pocket

Speed Strips:
Strong Side- Pants/Shorts Pocket under belt, or Cargo Pocket
-or-
Tuff Products Quickstrip Belt Pouch Medium Nylon Black
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/159324/tuff-products-quickstrip-belt-pouch-medium-nylon-black

tostado22
07-14-13, 20:20
I can't verbally describe it well - but I straddle the top of my belt with the loader or moonclip. I run a thick rubber band from the knob, under he belt and back onto the knob. When grabbed with force - the rubber band breaks and flies off somewhere - and I'm ready to load.
John

Do you mind posting a picture of this set-up? Would it be possible for rounds to be pulled from the speedloader while removing it from the belt? I apologize if that's a dumb question :D I don't shoot revolvers often and never carry one.

Voodoo_Man
07-14-13, 21:10
speed strips in back pocket

Yep same here, I carry two in my back pocket.

07-16-13, 08:31
John

Great idea! I get it.

Plumber237
07-16-13, 12:32
2 speed strips in the storage wallet/pouch thing. It's either in my offhand back/cargo pocket or offhand jacket pocket. I don't use it on my belt like it's made to do.

Alpha Sierra
07-18-13, 05:29
I use speed loader pouches from Simply Rugged. They wrap around the belt and contain the loader while the belt supports the loader by splicing the rounds with 3 outside the belt and 3 inside (rounds pointing down). This is the most compact way to carry speed loaders that I've found.

Same here. I've looked long and hard and Simply Rugged's speedloader pouches as the cleanest solution yet.

Oh, and make my speedloaders Safariland Comp IIs

jmoore
07-18-13, 11:54
Do you mind posting a picture of this set-up? Would it be possible for rounds to be pulled from the speedloader while removing it from the belt? I apologize if that's a dumb question :D I don't shoot revolvers often and never carry one.

Sorry - but I'm a non-techy geezer, so pics are not in my future.

Only way you'll lose a round is the same way you'd lose one coming out of a pouch, i.e., twisting the loader knob.

john

iainmcphersn
07-19-13, 20:49
HKS speedloaders loose in a pocket were the usual. I also could carry them in old Safariland holders which were a lot like the Simply Rugged.

backspur
07-21-13, 12:57
I carry five rounds on a speed strip in a Safariland Concealment Magazine Holder 81-18-2.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/07/22/qypyby7a.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/07/22/de9u2e2e.jpg

johnnybravo
07-21-13, 21:44
nondominant side almost directly in front since it takes up almost no room.

tostado22
07-28-13, 05:35
Sorry - but I'm a non-techy geezer, so pics are not in my future.

Only way you'll lose a round is the same way you'd lose one coming out of a pouch, i.e., twisting the loader knob.

john

Ok makes sense. I'm not familiar with revolver and their loaders. Thanks!

titsonritz
07-29-13, 02:15
That Simply Rugged Split Speed Load Pouch is slicker than snail snot.

mrwickwire
07-30-13, 12:22
I carry my reloads in Del Fatti leather case.

I use the FMC when running my 625.

I use the SLC or SLC-2, depending on the speedloader.

The wait is long and the prices are a bit expensive, but they are well worth it.

http://www.delfatti.com/2011%20Belts,Accessories.html

brushy bill
08-03-13, 07:41
I carry five rounds on a speed strip in a Safariland Concealment Magazine Holder 81-18-2.

Neat idea.