PDA

View Full Version : Stag LPK vs. Geissele ... ??

Kalash9305
03-24-13, 16:30
Looking at a couple of Noveske lowers. One comes with Stag LPK. Can get the other with Geissele SSA-E or Stage 2 for similar cost. Any experienced opinion much appreciated ... :D

samuse
03-24-13, 16:58
Do you want a stock trigger or a light two-stage?

I prefer a stock trigger for everything but a precision gun.

Some people like a two-stage for everything.

It's personal preference.

I'd say if you have to ask, get a stock trigger.

jaxman7
03-24-13, 17:02
That's sort like choosing between a Ducati Monster and a Vespa. Geissele. Without question.

Do some research before buying. Stag isn't exactly known for quality and I am unsure of their customer service.

Geissele in contrast is the industry leader in triggers and is second to none in customer service.

Not being rude but with questions such as this do more reading and less buying right now. I say that not to but a smarts$$ but to save you LOTS of money down the road.

-Jax

Kalash9305
03-24-13, 17:12
That's sort like choosing between a Ducati Monster and a Vespa. Geissele. Without question.

Do some research before buying. Stag isn't exactly known for quality and I am unsure of their customer service.

Geissele in contrast is the industry leader in triggers and is second to none in customer service.

Not being rude but with questions such as this do more reading and less buying right now. I say that not to but a smarts$$ but to save you LOTS of money down the road.

-Jax

Thanks bro. You guys have essentially confirmed my research. As you know, information out there can be a bit subjective. Opinions from this forum, in my brief experience, appear to be more objective. I much prefer the latter, so the Geissele it will be. Thanks again.

Jonny4523
03-24-13, 17:19
I'm a big fan of the SSA-E. I run one in my 3-Gun rifle. It's quick enough on all the close shots and I love the feeling that wall of a 2nd stage for the longer shots. Very crisp and smooth. That would definitely be my choice.

Kalash9305
03-24-13, 17:27
I'm a big fan of the SSA-E. I run one in my 3-Gun rifle. It's quick enough on all the close shots and I love the feeling that wall of a 2nd stage for the longer shots. Very crisp and smooth. That would definitely be my choice.

Just did. Got the lower with the SSA-E upgrade. Thanks bro ... :D

smac61
03-24-13, 17:46
You made the right choice. I must admit though, as far as standard LPK's go, Stag's (CMT) have been a favorite of mine...

ScatmanCrothers
03-24-13, 18:05
You made the right choice. I must admit though, as far as standard LPK's go, Stag's (CMT) have been a favorite of mine...

Agreed. I've always had good luck with them when colt/DD weren't available. Actually haven't heard of major issues with stag lpk tbh. But, even if you don't like the geissele (which you almost certainly will) you could sell it for face value and pocket a hundred bucks after buying a lpk. Win/win.

Cylinder Head
03-24-13, 19:29
OP made the right choice. A Geissele will not fail you and if anything happens, they will fix it immediately.