PDA

View Full Version : Surefire Scout Light - Need Recommendations

MacMan
03-20-08, 01:14
Looks like Uncle Sugar was better to me this year than I thought. I am still in need of a good light for my Colt 6920. I currently have a DD Lite Rail on it and also the Bobro shorty VFG. I think a light will just about do me. Well maybe not, but can't think of anything else that I really need right now. So, I am looking at the Surefire Scout light and thinking about putting it in a Larue mount. Anybody using one? Suggestions for other options are welcome. Last question, Does the Scout come with a push button on/off tail cap or is that an extra part. I can't really tell from looking at their web site. These lights/mounts are really expensive and I would like to get it right the first time. Thanks for any and all input.

M4Guru
03-20-08, 08:35
The M600A kit comes with the tape switch and push button with constant-on click. The Larue mount is a worthy upgrade.

Don't forget the X300, though...it's a great compact light as well.

CPR
03-25-08, 13:16
I'd wait for the new Scout light to come out that has the CREE LED. The new one will be brighter and have a longer run time than the old stock. That or the X300 would be my choice.

Or, check the various boards. It seems people are unloading their older Scouts at good prices. ;)