PDA

View Full Version : Gun Cleaning?

ContractSoldier
03-24-13, 20:15
I have a Glock 27 (which I plan on using for EDC), in which the previous owner has had it stored around black powder pistol's, however has not used the same cleaning kit to clean the Glock as was used to clean the black powder pistol. No corrosive ammo was fired in the Glock. The Glock's barrel looks nice and shiny, as if it were brand new.

Now this may be a stupid question, however I'm just wondering this before I use my cleaning kit in which I clean all my other pistols with.

Is it possible that if any corrosive materials did get transferred onto the Glock, that using the same cleaning kit to clean that pistol could cause problems and/or damage to your other gun's when you clean them, or is this unlikely?

I know nothing about corrosive ammo's or powders like those used in old cap and ball guns, so please bear with me. When I field stripped the pistol, you could tell that it had been fired in the past by some powder residue here and there, but overall it is almost spotless.

It looks like It has been well taken care of, I can't really detect any sign's of pitting, and I know for a fact that the pistol hasn't been cleaned in at least a month. Thanks

Urban_Redneck
03-24-13, 20:34
If you are not seeing corrosion now, it shouldn't be a problem.

If you are really concerned, you can spray it down with Ballistol, let it soak an hour, and blow it out.