PDA

View Full Version : Need Suggestions For A Good Concealable 9mm

das
03-25-13, 14:51
I need a good concealable 9mm. I have to stick with the 9mm 1) because that is what I am used to. 2) My hand cant handle the larger calibers for me to shoot regularly to get good with. 3) It is my favorite caliber hand gun. Price is not an issue.

Blue Ridge
03-25-13, 15:12
Picking someone else a gun is near impossible, but since price isn't an issue, I'd look into the Rohrbaugh and Kahr PM9. Both are small and very well made. You will however find that 9 through a mouse gun is a LOT chippier than 9 through a Hi Power or so forth! I'd try to rent one and perhaps look into a .32 or .380 if you plan on shooting it much. YMMV, of course.

bp7178
03-25-13, 15:22
I'm a fan of the PM9 and its better priced cousin the CM9.

For a very discrete carry its hard not to like guns that are less than 1" wide. IMO, this is more critical than overall length, especially when combined with an IWB holster.

The M&P Shield would be another strong choice.

I don't like the baby Glocks. They are every bit as wide as their larger siblings, w/o the advantages of a longer barrel, longer sight radius and greater magazine capacity.

mikejg
03-25-13, 16:14
What is concealable for someone else, may not be concealable for you.

My vote is for the Glock 19.

BioLayne
03-25-13, 16:16
depends on how concealable you need

glock 19 can conceal but not in all situations
glock 26 can conceal in most situations
S&W shield can conceal in almost any situation

that is my fav list for CC, but as you get more concealable you get less shootable. Though all 3 of those are fine handguns

citizensoldier16
03-25-13, 16:47
A quick search on the site would have yielded vast numbers of posts on this topic. This horse has been beat to death long ago.

TAZ
03-25-13, 16:52
HK P30 if cost is truly not an issue.

gun71530
03-25-13, 17:03
This topic has been covered numerous times.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

chilic82
03-25-13, 17:04
Single stack-M&P Shield
Double stack- Glock 19,Walther PPQ,M&P compact

das
03-25-13, 17:14
This topic has been covered numerous times.

Does it bother you that much that you had to respond like that? Sent from my computer using my fingers.

das
03-25-13, 17:15
Is the M&Pc real thick?

WickedWillis
03-25-13, 17:18
Is the M&Pc real thick?

Thicker than most 9's you'd want to CC but not super thick.

gun71530
03-25-13, 17:20
Does it bother you that much that you had to respond like that? Sent from my computer using my fingers.

Use the big orange search button, it's pretty simple.

zanek05
03-25-13, 17:45
Walther PPS

Headcase650
03-25-13, 17:57
I'm a big fan of Kahrs. I have a first gen K9 in electroless nickle. 6 inches long, 6 inches tall, 1 inch wide, easy to hide. The added weight over the P series makes a noticeable difference in shootability. You can usually find first gen steel Kahrs for a decent price.

maca1
03-25-13, 17:59
I tried to fall in love with an m&p 9c, but even after adding all the apex components, I still can't say it's a better carry gun than a glock 26. So in short, a glock 26 is my vote. I wanted to make mine just a little more special so I added a kkm barrel and trijicon hd sights. It really is pretty much perfect now.

WickedWillis
03-25-13, 17:59
I'm a big fan of Kahrs. I have a first gen K9 in electroless nickle. 6 inches long, 6 inches tall, 1 inch wide, easy to hide. The added weight over the P series makes a noticeable difference in shootability. You can usually find first gen steel Kahrs for a decent price.

They do make a fantastic carry gun, no matter what caliber you use.

das
03-25-13, 18:14
Use the big orange search button, it's pretty simple.

Another guy with an attitude. You dont like the question just dont respond, it's really that simple.

Blue Ridge
03-25-13, 18:18
Walther PPS

This is also a very nice and super slim CC gun. I shot one at the range so well I almost bought one. I have several other Walthers and they are also very well made guns. I doubt you could go wrong with one, but again, picking a gun is a very personal thing.

PS: I wouldn't sweat asking a question that's been asked before, either. There wouldn't be many posts if nothing was repeated. If someone doesn't feel like answering, they can either stay away, post a helpful link to where it was discussed before, or (evidently) still post to complain. :p

das
03-25-13, 18:42
Thank you BlueRidge.

Fly'nBuff
03-25-13, 18:45

Couldn't have said it better myself. I put some Crimson Trace grips on it and I'm happier than a pig in stink. I had a PM9 in the past, but much prefer the all steel models.

packinaglock
03-25-13, 18:45
I have a pm9 and with self defense it can be a little stout for a guy with hand issues like yourself. Might want to go with something slightly bigger and heavier.

vaglocker
03-25-13, 18:46
Walther PPS

Seriously consider this. I love my glock 19 but I shoot this even better.

packinaglock
03-25-13, 18:48
Walther PPS

I've been really itching to try one of those.

MAUSER202
03-25-13, 20:58
I would suggest a Sig P 239 with the srt trigger or a Walther PPS. Both are favorites of mine, concealable and reliable. The PPS is very thin too.

Lacos
03-25-13, 22:14
Kahr MK9, my #1 fpg, front pocket gun.

RogerinTPA
03-25-13, 22:20
Is the M&Pc real thick?

I wouldn't say 'thick' but as anyone trying to carry concealed, choosing a gun is half the equation. The other half is the proper holster that's comfortable for you, or one you can get used to in carrying your choice gun all day. I like the M&P9c as I've been training and carrying it for years in a very comfortable MTAC holster. The Shield would be my second choice with several spare mags on hand. The G19 or 26 my 3rd. Try or rent the ones that appeal to you then make a choice. Personally I wouldn't go smaller than the Sheild or PPS, the recoil can be something fierce in those micro 9s.

Brahmzy
03-25-13, 22:29
Another vote for HK P30 or USP 9C. I like mine a lot. Neither are that small, but they're very nice and I shoot both pretty well. I lean more on the side of capability vs. concealability.

AKDoug
03-25-13, 22:51
If I listed a XDm compact I think we'd have virtually every 9mm compact pistol made listed in this thread.

Honestly, you need to head to the gun store and handle the various options in a compact 9mm. Shoot the Kahr and see if you like it. I dislike mine greatly because of it's trigger pull. I far prefer a Shield.

Magic_Salad0892
03-25-13, 23:08
Walther PPS. Kahr PM9. G26.

Retiredbroke
03-26-13, 00:10
Another vote for the PPS.

fourXfour
03-26-13, 00:26
Try the Shield out. It really does shoot well for it's size.

officerX
03-26-13, 00:27
Glock 26!

Iraqgunz
03-26-13, 00:28
The search button works wonders and would provide plenty of reading opportunity. In addition no matter what is recommended unless you go somewhere and actually try the weapon (shoot and manipulate the controls) you are simply guessing as to what will work.

Kind of like when people ask "what's the best grip for my AR"?

dirvo85
03-26-13, 01:10
We get these responses like "use the big search button" or "this topics been beat to death". I know I've said it a few times. Bottom line is that new stuff comes out all the time and stuff is ever changing. I've read posts from this forum that boast about Stag, RRA, and the such in the AR forums but they were from long ago. Long before BCM, DD, and the likes were available. If we didn't get new topics then nobody would come and people would still be buying Stags, Olys and, RRA's (I own a ST middy... Which i love and adore! LOL!)

That being said, to the OP: I love my Shield and my 9c. I've owned a Walther PPS, Kel-Tec PF9, as well as others that I've fired, and absolutely hated them. Go to the range and rent and shoot them if you can. Or if you're like me... Buy what you think will work and if it doesn't work sell it. Simple!

I had a guy tell me once to look at a pistol purchase from a range rental stand point. If you don't like it after a few boxes than sell it for what you paid for it less tax (Or in this crazy market for more than what you paid). If you do that you've only lost a few bucks and think about the amount of money in ammo you spend! It pales in comparison to the few bucks you'll lose in selling a compact handgun you don't like.

I don't know about you, but I know for a fact that I've spent more money on the ammo my 9c has eaten versus what I paid for it.

Iraqgunz
03-26-13, 01:22
Anyone who touted the quality or awesomeness of RRA or Stag that you read was either a new by or someone completely uninformed. I know for a fact there have been similar threads posted within the last 6 months that all mention the S&W Shield, Walther PPS, Glock, M&P 9, etc...

We get these responses like "use the big search button" or "this topics been beat to death". I know I've said it a few times. Bottom line is that new stuff comes out all the time and stuff is ever changing. I've read posts from this forum that boast about Stag, RRA, and the such in the AR forums but they were from long ago. Long before BCM, DD, and the likes were available. If we didn't get new topics then nobody would come and people would still be buying Stags, Olys and, RRA's (I own a ST middy... Which i love and adore! LOL!)

That being said, to the OP: I love my Shield and my 9c. I've owned a Walther PPS, Kel-Tec PF9, as well as others that I've fired, and absolutely hated them. Go to the range and rent and shoot them if you can. Or if you're like me... Buy what you think will work and if it doesn't work sell it. Simple!

I had a guy tell me once to look at a pistol purchase from a range rental stand point. If you don't like it after a few boxes than sell it for what you paid for it less tax (Or in this crazy market for more than what you paid). If you do that you've only lost a few bucks and think about the amount of money in ammo you spend! It pales in comparison to the few bucks you'll lose in selling a compact handgun you don't like.

I don't know about you, but I know for a fact that I've spent more money on the ammo my 9c has eaten versus what I paid for it.

Omega Man
03-26-13, 04:28
The Walther PPS would be my choice. I had the Shield and i like the grip on the PPS much better.

spartakis252
03-26-13, 04:53
You guys completely missed 1 great option, when money isn't an issue, the Springfield EMP(A micro 9mm 1911).

Oh and something about an orange button...you're not doing it right....god kills a kitten everytime someone beats a dead horse....or something like that....

Glock30
03-26-13, 07:53
Picking someone else a gun is near impossible......

:thank_you2: enough said

03-26-13, 08:09
For me a Beretta 92 and HK P-30 is concealable because I shoot them well. For me that is the deciding factor. I don't remember who said it but I like this quote: "A sidearm is meant to be comforting, not comfortable."

Best,

Pilot1
03-26-13, 09:56
It depends what you determine concealable to mean, and things like types of triggers you like. For me, DAO is a deal breaker, so that rules out many good choices that have been mentioned like the Kahrs, but I am going to try the trigger pull on the Walther PPS which I think is a great choice.

I carry a CZ-75D PCR which is about the size and weight of a Glock G19. However, for summer carry, I am considering a Sig P938 which is a sub compact, single action 9MM. You may want to check those out also.

dirvo85
03-26-13, 14:16
Anyone who touted the quality or awesomeness of RRA or Stag that you read was either a new by or someone completely uninformed. I know for a fact there have been similar threads posted within the last 6 months that all mention the S&W Shield, Walther PPS, Glock, M&P 9, etc...

I do not profess to be an expert Iraqgunz. Here is a quick google search if Grant referring to a RRA https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=20030.

All I was saying is that things change. There's new stuff coming to the market all the time. We have better options in AR's and CC weapons than we had back in 2008 and even 2012. Wouldn't you agree?

DarrinD2
03-26-13, 16:17
The Shield or MP9c in a Versa Max2 for me; as said above, rent as many different models you are considerings. Be patient when buying a concealed pistol, you'll be glad you did.

Rohardi
03-26-13, 20:52
Glock 26. Its super small. You can shoot it with, or with out the grip extension. If you carry it with out the grip extension, your pinky will hang off of the pistol. I feel the 26 points and shoots VERY well. Almost like a larger pistol.

Swag
03-26-13, 21:03
For me a Beretta 92 and HK P-30 is concealable because I shoot them well. For me that is the deciding factor. I don't remember who said it but I like this quote: "A sidearm is meant to be comforting, not comfortable."

Best,

I think that would be Clint Smith of Thunder Ranch

SkiDevil
03-26-13, 22:02
Current production: HK Usp 9mm Compact, Glock 19, HK P2000 SK, and HK P30.

No longer in Production/Available used: HK P7M8, SIG 228 (German/ non-rail model), Smith and Wesson 3913, and SIG 225.

*Listed in order of my preference

Salamander
03-26-13, 23:41
After some trial and error I settled on a HK P2000sk in 9mm LEM. Several months of EDC later I'm happier with the gun every week.

It's almost the same size as a Glock 26 except the grip is just a bit longer, which lets me get two and a half of my average size fingers on the HK with the flat baseplates, or all three with the slightly extended ones that come with the gun. It hides better, at least for me, I think because of the melted corners and less blocky form. At 15 yards it's as accurate as any of my full size guns. Even though it's pretty light 9mm is plenty controllable. And it has two interchangeable backstraps to adapt to different hands. For me, it points very naturally. It's fully ambidextrous.

Maybe most importantly, the HK is the only gun I own that has never, ever jammed or failed in any way. As a result I trust it completely.

The Euro style mag release takes a little getting used to, but now I prefer it. I use my middle finger to drop the mag, some prefer the index/trigger finger. Wasn't til I stopped trying to use my thumb that it got easy. However the one and only add-on I recommend for that gun is the extended mag release, the same one used on the HK 45c (about $24). It's easier to hit quickly than the standard one.

I had no trouble at all getting used to the LEM trigger, for some it takes a while. The stock V2 is a little heavier pull than a Glock, I chose to leave mine that way since it's a carry gun. Swap two springs and you have the lighter V1 pull if that's what you prefer. I like the consistent LEM pull, some others prefer the V3 DA/SA.

I've heard good things about Walther also, but they're off list here and not easy to find so I've never fired one.

twistedcomrade
03-27-13, 09:36
I have a M&P 9c that I carry with a MTAC IWB holster that is very comfortable as long as I wear a tshirt under my outer shirt. Probably would be okay without the tshirt if I would loose my very tiny, small, bearly noticable lovehandles. The M&P9c has been 100% reliable and much more accurate than the stories about them I read on the net.

dontblink
03-27-13, 09:59
Have a look at the Ruger LC9.

Great little pistol.

Good ergonomics even for larger hands, doesn't feel like a water pistol, and very accurate.

jamaicanj
03-27-13, 15:22
You need to see what your buddies are doing so that you can try out their rigs. What works for some does not always work for everybody.

I love my G26 however it can be a little thick feeling at times.

Good luck and keep us posted

PatrioticDisorder
03-27-13, 17:52
I carry a .40 shield, dead accurate with it, I love it. Nice little weapon, love the M&P line up but didn't think I'd like this little gun as much as I did. Bought a CM40 before the shield and hated it, 2 faliure to feeds within the first 100 rounds, not to mention an ass ton of skin torn off of my trigger finger (and I'm not exactly fragile). I also couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with it.

Now I know that this is in .40, maybe the 9mm Kahrs are better but that was my experience. I kninda like 9mm myself, but I just started making money in July and knew we had a serious election with conseunces coming so I figured .40 would be easier to find and stockpile than 9mm & .45acp and it turns out I was right. I'll probably switch to a 9mm shield once ammo prices and availability come back into the stratosphere.

flieger67
03-28-13, 19:06
Try a Kahr CM9 or an S&W Shield. Both are small and relatively easily concealed, depending on one's manner of dress and holster choice.

I got a CM9 about a year ago and have had no issues with mine. I will say that I strongly recommend a Pearce or similar pinky extension for the magazines. They make a lot of difference and if hand strength is an issue for you, the extra gripping surface will make for a more comfortable shooting experience.

The PM9 is also nice but I can't justify the extra cost. I can't say that I've seen any decent test results indicating that the fancier barrel and rifling on the PM9 make it any more accurate than the CM9. Unless prettier machining on a slide that's going to be concealed really matter to you, the CM9 will save you money that you can put towards holsters, ammo and training.

Good luck with your decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

GTDefense
03-31-13, 14:11
I like carrying a Glock 19 for my EDC. I used to carry a m&p9C but decided to trade it in for the G19 because i shot the G19 better. I carry it IWB with the new incog holster from G-Code holsters.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYNbyx8GHdw

Sixgunner
03-31-13, 16:03
I like both my G26 and HK P2000SK. The HK is only slightly more accurate. Other than that, you can conceal either one very easy.

WC 2-3
03-31-13, 20:30
For me it's a Glock 17. I tried carrying some smaller pistols(P239 and Kahr MK9) but I went back to a full size. 99% of the population walks around with their heads up their ass anyway and won't notice a slight bulge or print. If I feel the need for more discreet carry, it goes IWB instead of OWB.

Of course, this is just me and my opinion.

djmorris
04-01-13, 12:11
Not a Kahr fan here. Especially their lower end polymer line - literally the cheapest things I've ever held second only to a Hi-Point.

I'd personally go with a HK P2000SK, G19, M&P Shield, XD9SC, Sig P239 (older one), Sig 225 (P6), or Walther PPS. Take your pick. All very concealable 9mm's that do not sacrifice ergonomics and handling.

HKGuns
04-02-13, 20:56
Figure out what YOU shoot best. P30 and several others work well for me and might work for you as well.

tha101
04-02-13, 21:03
For me I like my S&W Shield. Its not to small & big enough to fight with.

Bulldog7972
04-04-13, 06:35
Take a look at a 3rd Generation S&W 3953,3954 or a 3913. All are slim, slimmer than even my 239. They shoot very well, are reliable and have good capacity.

Bill.D
04-04-13, 07:52
Those kahrs are pretty nice, or even a baby glock.

rockonman
04-04-13, 09:47
I'm another full size carrier, I carry a full size M&P9 every day, and to my knowledge no one has ever spotted it. Depends on your body type, and personal preference. I have wide palms so compacts don't sit well in my hand. Figure out what feels good and go for it.

Warp
04-04-13, 20:54
Glock 26 here.

I'm another full size carrier, I carry a full size M&P9 every day, and to my knowledge no one has ever spotted it. Depends on your body type, and personal preference. I have wide palms so compacts don't sit well in my hand. Figure out what feels good and go for it.

If somebody spotted it...how would you know?

I have spotted quite a few concealed pistols, and I don't think a single one of the carriers knows I did so.

I'll even wager that at least one of them has claimed to have "never been made"

WC 2-3
04-05-13, 21:14
Glock 26 here.

If somebody spotted it...how would you know?

I have spotted quite a few concealed pistols, and I don't think a single one of the carriers knows I did so.

I'll even wager that at least one of them has claimed to have "never been made"

And what does it matter? I don't claim to never have been "made". All I know as nobody called the cops. So it's irrelevant.

MoCop
04-05-13, 21:35
Glock 19.

However, a Sig P229 in 9mm is also a good choice. A little bulkier, but non the less, a good choice.

Pilot1
04-06-13, 08:39
I typically carry a 9MM CZ-75D PCR (compact, aluminum alloy framed) or an HK P7. I consider both semi-compact "service" pistols. For summer carry, I am considering moving away from my Beretta 85FS, .380 (great gun btw) to a smaller, sub-compact 9MM like the Walther PPS or Sig P938. I think I prefer the Sig, but not yet sure. I think both are good options to consider.

msp21
04-07-13, 21:11
Glock 19 would be my choice, it's a fighting pistol and priced very well. The other I would look at is the S&W M&P and SIG 228/229/226.

RHINOWSO
04-07-13, 22:56
HK P2000SK, LEM, 9MM.

IWB in Garrett Industries Silent Thunder.

5POINT56
04-07-13, 23:10
I carry an HK P2000SK all the time and love everything about it for a carry gun in hot weather.

http://i.imgur.com/oJAzM.jpg

usmcvet
04-08-13, 05:54
Glock 19/23 would be my suggestion for mid size and 26/27 for smaller and pocket carry.

svtpwnz
04-08-13, 06:55
My recommendation for you is the Glock 19 or Glock 26. If you aren't able to use other larger calibers effectively, then I would not suggest you going with something like the Kahr PM9/CM9 or Rohrbaugh R9. Sure, they are 9mm pistols but the smaller size of them makes it harder to accurately control them. Their triggers are also very different compared to the Glocks. They have a very long smooth trigger pull that takes some getting use to.

A good holster makes a world of difference also when carrying IWB and I like the Galco King Tuck alot. I highly suggest renting/borrowing the G26 and G19 and putting 100 rounds through both before making your decision. Good luck!

usmcvet
04-08-13, 08:07
I had a two Khars about ten years ago. They SUCKED! They were nice and small in real calibres but they would not function. Jam, Jam, Jam. I had the MK40 and bought an MK9 for my wife. I sold them both fairly quickly. The jams they had required tools to un ****. I used to carry a de jammer and used it several times to get them back up and running. They might have squared themselves away but I would never own another and do not suggest them. I had the same issue with a Seecamp .32. After waiting about two years for this little gun that was all the rage it sucked too. And yes all I shot in it were the recommended Winchester Silver Tips. Still jammed like crazy.

msp21
04-19-13, 18:33
Glock 19

Red falcon
04-19-13, 23:28
Kahr PM9 has been excellent in my experience, 1k+ rounds with zero malfuctions so far.

Scrubber3
04-19-13, 23:39
Any baby glock will last and be very reliable. With the summer upon us, I'll be going with my shield 9mm soon. Thin, lightweight, and reliable. Pretty accurate for what it is too. Lots of folks like to get a big pistol and try their best to conceal it. They swear its great and they haven't the slightest issues with them staying hidden. Just one time carrying a true CC pistol and they have an ah ha moment. They go small and never look back.

So, to say it again, Glock 26 or 27. S&W M&P shield 9mm or .40 caliber. The glock 19 and 23 work well too, just a tad harder to conceal than the babies. Weigh what is most important and go from there. It's always a compromise when you CC.

rockclimber
04-20-13, 00:41
Sig P239

SteveS
04-21-13, 17:15
there are many to pick from and IMO reliability is most important, In a small pistol 9mm does well!!

1H11
04-21-13, 21:51
M&p9c or a shield if you can find one. The shield is the smallest fighting handgun. 9c just feels right and gives a little more fuel to put metal in meat.

Sensei
04-21-13, 22:09
Glock 19.

srcochran49
04-22-13, 15:07
Another vote for an HK P2000SK, LEM. I EDC mine. Compact, accurate, reliable. What more could you ask for.

TMS951
04-22-13, 16:46
I have a Kahr PM9 I conceal carry.

I also have a few Glock 19s, I sometimes carry one of these, but they are much bigger than what I like to carry. If I feel the situation warrants the capacity and better ability to shoot at distance I'll carry it, but this is rare.

TMS951
04-22-13, 16:55
I have a Kahr PM9 I conceal carry.

I also have a few Glock 19s, I sometimes carry one of these, but they are much bigger than what I like to carry. If I feel the situation warrants the capacity and better ability to shoot at distance I'll carry it, but this is rare.

bighawk
05-09-13, 22:12
G19 or the m&p9c are great concealable guns with a ton of holster options

davidjinks
05-10-13, 21:02
H&K P7M8

I need a good concealable 9mm. I have to stick with the 9mm 1) because that is what I am used to. 2) My hand cant handle the larger calibers for me to shoot regularly to get good with. 3) It is my favorite caliber hand gun. Price is not an issue.

Nahurry
05-10-13, 21:44
I normally shoot a 1911 or M&P 9 FS. For CCW, I recently purchased a Sig P938 Blackwood. I'm at nearly 500 rounds, mixed weights - 115, 124, and 147 grain bullets, with zero problems. Accuracy of this subcompact is surprising.

Wheelhouse
05-12-13, 20:37
I now carry the Spfld. XDS more than my others. Love the size and shootability, and that's not even in 9mm that the XDS will be out in soon. I also carry an M&Pc and G19, but not nearly as much. The Smith and Spfld. is usually carried AIWB, and very easily in PHLster Skeleton holsters.
Give the 9mm XDS consideration when possible. The Shield is also a great compromise between concealment and shootability.

alone
05-16-13, 02:28
I used to carry a G19 and G26 depending on clothing. I switched to the M&P line up a few years ago, and recently purchased the Shield. I love that little pistol, and it is rapidly becoming my go to carry pistol. They are hard to find, but they shoot great and conceal well.

okdonk
05-16-13, 02:39
+1 on the Shield. Been carrying it for almost a year. I'm a Glock fan and have G26. But the Shield is my chosen EDC.

MCS
05-16-13, 07:30
I exclusivly carried a glock 27 for 5 years, I just switched to the S&W M&P Shield in 9mm and it's my favorite carry gun. It conceals very easil and shoots well.

pat701
05-17-13, 08:55
Keep an open mind and take a look at a SIG P239, i carry IWB not problem:D

Rinspeed
05-17-13, 23:58
I paid $427 NIB delivered for my Sig 239. I don't have very many rounds through it, maybe 1200, but it along with the other six Sigs I've owned over the years it has never malfunctioned. If there is a more accurate DA pistol in the size and price range of the 239 I would be very surprised.

Army Chief
05-18-13, 08:49
Another guy with an attitude. You dont like the question just dont respond, it's really that simple.

Steady there, brother. I'll admit that it can be a bit off-putting when someone just gruffly points you to the search button, but the rationale behind it is sound. Following a bit of on-site research, you might still have the same basic question in mind, but you would be better able to ask it in a more informed way.

For example, instead of "help me find a small 9mm," you might open with "I'm searching for a small 9mm, and am particularly interested in what I've been able to learn about product-x and product-y. Which of these might be better suited for my situation as a _____________ -- and what else should I be considering?" Then, guys can point out the strengths and weaknesses of the models you've identified, help to address why a particular gun may or may not be well-suited for your situation, and offer other recommendations along the way.

Asking a wide-open question with no specific insights leaves guys wondering how big you are, how and where you will carry, where you live (likely threats), whether you prefer external safeties, hammers or strikers, and about 1,000 other potentially-relevant factors. In short, guys here do want to help you out in any way that they can; it just makes the process more efficient when you can say that you have considered a few models, and have ruled them in or out for whatever reasons really matter to you.

Hopefully that makes a bit more sense. Just please keep this in mind, and try to avoid potentially inflammatory posts which focus on a member, rather than the issue at hand, as we've little tolerance for bickering or incivility. That said ...

Good luck in your search! I like the P7, but consider it fairly heavy, the PPQ, but consider it just a bit on the large side, and the Shield, though because of its size and weight, it isn't all that enjoyable to shoot. I also would recommend a look at the various Kahr models out there right now.

AC

Mr. Greene
05-18-13, 20:24
started carrying a Walther PPS and if small is what you want this is it been running it for the last couple months and love the feel

Dmaynor
05-18-13, 20:25
I have a Shield and i like it but with my size I can conceal a Glock 19 just as well.