PDA

View Full Version : New Colt?

msigette
03-25-13, 16:53
Has anyone seen or had a chance to handle the new colt with a polymer lower? My dad just got one from Walmart and he said it came with a polymer lower. Just wondering if anyone else has seen this.

Switch
03-25-13, 16:59
If it was from wal-mart and it was a polymer lower from Colt I imagine it was to cut costs to make it more affordable. I haven't heard alot about polymer lowers but I haven't heard anything good but the cost and the weight.

curlyburns5
03-25-13, 17:01
I may be sticking my foot in my mouth but I have not seen anything about this. I'm going to guess there is some misinformation here.

Travis B
03-25-13, 17:48
A Colt polymer would be news to me. Misinformation, I would assume.

ccosby
03-25-13, 17:56
The LE-901 has a metal lower doesn't it?

Airhasz
03-25-13, 18:09
The LE-901 has a metal lower doesn't it?

Correct

TunaFisherman
03-25-13, 18:24
It isn't April 1st yet..

msigette
03-25-13, 18:38
I hope he was just mistaken than. I will have him take pictures and send them to me. I thought it was odd so i thought i would ask. I will update when i find out more.

Aaron_B
03-25-13, 18:39
Probably not Colt, I did a quick google search anyways and found nothing either so.

michael word
03-25-13, 19:02
Could be the .22 long rifle version. Think they have polymer lowers.

kyrin88
03-25-13, 19:35
Yea, it might be one of those replica colt ar-15s in .22lr that Umarex makes.

halfmoonclip
03-25-13, 22:54
Yea, it might be one of those replica colt ar-15s in .22lr that Umarex makes.

I thought they were entirely potmetal. It's a sin Colt put their good name on it; the Smith poly rifle is a much better choice.
Moon

msigette
03-26-13, 05:31
I had my dad check it again hoping that he was mistaken. Well he was it is a metal lower just like it should be. It would have been a lot easier for me to just look at it but im in a different state than him so I had to ask you guys. Thanks for the quick respones.

Iraqgunz
03-26-13, 05:36
The lower is aluminum not metal.

I had my dad check it again hoping that he was mistaken. Well he was it is a metal lower just like it should be. It would have been a lot easier for me to just look at it but im in a different state than him so I had to ask you guys. Thanks for the quick respones.

wetidlerjr
03-26-13, 06:43
Aluminum generally meets the definition of metal.

Gun
03-26-13, 06:48
The lower is aluminum not metal.

Aluminum is the most abundant metal on earth within reach of man.

markm
03-26-13, 08:00
Aluminum is the most abundant metal on earth within reach of man.

Do you mean Aluminun Oxide? We don't just pull Aluminum out of the ground, Jackson.

and. p.s.

TRASH THIS THREAD... It almost gave me a heart attack.

halfmoonclip
03-26-13, 08:24
The alloy on a lower has an odd 'feel' to it; it's not hard to imagine someone unfamiliar with the platform (and especially someone who is familiar with more 'traditional' guns and their construction) to think it is made out of something other than metal.
Too, a bit like a Glock, if you take the upper off, the lower has so little weight that you might be tempted to connect dots that aren't there.
For chits and grins, I've got to check the weight of the all-poly S&W .22 lower against a regular AR.
Moon

Gun
03-26-13, 08:34
Do you mean Aluminun Oxide? We don't just pull Aluminum out of the ground, Jackson.

and. p.s.

In its elemental state, Aluminum is rare. Aluminum is pulled out of the ground, but in oxides or silicates, then extracted from these compounds. Aluminum is still a metal.

... and is your name Jackson? Thought it was Mark.

Airhasz
03-26-13, 09:59

GOD FORBID...:eek:

wetidlerjr
03-26-13, 10:03
and. p.s.

Ya think so?

Noodles
03-26-13, 11:54
Ya think so?

Wait, I can't wait until some AR-nerd comes in to argue that no lowers are aluminum because they are actually aluminum alloy... Because if pure aluminum isn't pulled from the ground, it also doesn't make up the AR receiver...

After seeing the Colt LIGHT, I would argue a polymer lower can't be far off.