PDA

View Full Version : First build, 14.7" LW

tostado22
03-25-13, 22:16
First off, thank you to the forum for the wealth of info available. I have owned several ARs but this is my first build. After reading a ton on this forum and others I decided to go after it. I ordered the first parts just days before the CT shootings so it has been tough. Luckily I was able to find everything at normal costs.

Did everything myself except for dimpling the barrel and welding the flash hider. I was going to send it off to ADCO but a member here recommended a local guy who did a great job. That meant it got done and back to me today and not later. Hopefully I can get out this weekend and test it all out.

I wanted this to be a simple, no-nonsense, reliable gun. This is mainly for courses I plan to attend, range gun and home defense. I went with manufacturers that I knew to be of high quality. I didn't always get first pick on parts given the market but I feel like I have a solid rifle. The only thing I plan to add beyond what is listed is a small, rugged optic and possibly a flashlight. Now for the goods:

Upper:
BCM stripped upper
PSA 14.7" barrel mid-length w/ A2 flash hider
BCM gas block and tube
BCM barrel nut
Colt BC w/ BCM bolt
BCM ambi Gunfighter charging handle
Troy VTAC Alpha rail, 13"
Troy BUIS

Lower:
Delaware Machinery lower (wasn't sure about them but I have read good things)
WOA lower parts kit
ALG QMS trigger
Magpul MIAD grip (may try a Gunfighter Mod 1)
Magpul MOE stock
Magpul MOE trigger guard. I know its tan and out of place on this rifle. WOA didn't ship a trigger guard with my order and it was literally the only TG I could find anywhere.
BFG Vickers sling

Coming soon:
BAD lever or similar device
Troy ambi mag release
BADASS ambi selector
Optics, I have a Primary Arms Micro on the way while I save up and look for a T-1/H-1

When I get out to the range I will let yall know how it shoots. I can't wait! If anyone has any questions or comments please post em up.

http://i421.photobucket.com/albums/pp291/para_packer/DSC00499_zps5cbc0090.jpg