PDA

View Full Version : New Burris Fullfield II

karlglen101
03-26-13, 20:22
Hello. I now have my first scope. I purchased the Burris Fullfield II 3x-9x 40mm scope from Midway last week. They sent out an email for "surface blemished" models, so I figured the price was good and I picked one up.
I don't see any blemishes, so I think this was a pretty good deal. It looks like the dot for lineup on the power may have slightly bled paint, but that's a stretch at best. I also bought the Burris PEPR mount for it. I'm not entirely sure if this will end up on my DDM4 556 or Wilson 300Blk upper. This weekend, it's going to start on my DDM4.
I just got done toying with it, and getting it setup on the rifle. I'm pretty impressed with the clarity of the glass. The power turn is a little stiff, but I think that's a good thing, and will likely loosen slightly with time. I will sight it in for 100 yards and go from there. I plan on using this scope for 3 gun, fun, and probably to hunt with this fall.

I have a few questions:
-Does anyone have a good suggestion for lens covers? I'd really like something that flips up. This will be key for 3 gun, as it'll be nice to just flip them down in between stages. What have you seen that works, and what should I stay away from?
-My barrel is a 1/7 twist to handle the heavier rounds on both rifles. For the 223 rounds, how significant do you think the impact will change in regards to sighting in a 55gr vs 70+gr? I know I'll eventually see for myself, but I figured I'd ask.

Ready.Fire.Aim
03-26-13, 22:00
I have a few questions:
-Does anyone have a good suggestion for lens covers? I'd really like something that flips up. This will be key for 3 gun, as it'll be nice to just flip them down in between stages. What have you seen that works, and what should I stay away from?.

Congrats on the scope!

Butler Creek makes good flip up scope lens covers. They are very affordable.
http://www.butlercreek.com/products/scope_covers.html
Most online and local gun supply stores like MidwayUSA carry them.