PDA

View Full Version : Sights fo my Glock 17

evilmonkey
03-20-08, 11:58
What are your suggestions? What does everyone think about TruGlow sights? Im using the pistol for Comp and self defense. I stuck between the TruGlow and the Meprolight sights.

Striker5
03-20-08, 12:11
I have a set of Ameriglo sights on my G17, installed by Bowie Tactical. They have trijicon lamps and only have the white circle around the front lamp, which is less cluttered than other three dots I've played with (I am thinking about going w/ just the front lamp and a plain rear on my next G17).

While I did not break out calipers, the rear sight notch is wider than any of my other pistols, which makes it very fast to get lined up on target, but makes me work to get decent groups at 25 yards. this is, in my book, a good thing.

this combination has worked for me.

Paulinski
03-20-08, 12:31
I had a set of Trijicons on my G19, I replaced them with 10-8 front and rear. I liked them so much I ordered another set for my G23 that is coming in soon.

Spurholder
03-20-08, 12:58
Just had Ameriglos (with Trijicon inserts) installed on my G17 and my G19. Great sight picture.

Semi_auto
03-20-08, 13:45
I have done pretty well with XS Express sight systems. Easy to install and very intuitive as far as use for self defense.

M4arc
03-20-08, 14:17
I replaced the Mepros on my G19 because the front sight is too wide. I like the narrower front sight of the Trijicon instead.

wlptpd3
03-20-08, 14:52
I myself am kind of partial to Heinie Straight eight slant pro's, I have them on my duty Model 23 and on the 19 I use for training. I have been using them for about 8 years now and they work the best for me, I find them really easy to line up at night with the 2 dots versus 3 dots and when working accuracy drills I have no problems with the narrow front blade and standard notch rear.

I have no problem hitting steel plates at 50 yards with the straight eights and I have tried alot of other sight combos out there and I have settled on the Heinies.

DamnYank!
03-20-08, 16:56
warren tacticals are nice, 10-8's i'm sure would be good, and heinie's are well established. i think getting the sight face to the rear of the slide helps in acquisition personally.

bullitt5172
03-20-08, 19:10
I run the standard Trijicon sights with a white outline front and black outline rear. That works the best for me and I've tried them all.