PDA

View Full Version : Cracked.com does an article on guns. Not bad.

Magic_Salad0892
03-27-13, 00:58
http://www.cracked.com/article_20396_5-mind-blowing-facts-nobody-told-you-about-guns.html

You guys might dig it. Then again, you might have issues with it too. Whatever.

FWIW: I don't actually like the author of this one, and he's kind of playing both sides. But it's still interesting, and better than most media articles.

Crow Hunter
03-27-13, 09:32
I disagree.

It was typical non-gun owner fluff. They lost all credibility with me when they stated that one of their authors had guns that shot out of his sleeves...

Why do non-gun owners always equate gun ownership with some type of phallic association?

They are the only ones that do that. Is that the way they feel? Are they always thinking about their dicks and other peoples dicks? That was the most repeated theme in their article.

I have noticed that it seems to be the liberal twit crowd that seems to have a phallic fetish. They always associate guns, hunting, fast cars, good looking spouses, etc with dicks.

Somehow equating their lack of money or knowledge of something with their comfort with the size of their schlong.

So apparently, if you drive a Prius, never exceed the speed limit, have an ugly wife/girlfriend, own no guns or knives, live in a small apartment, have no money and spend a lot of time worrying about the size of everyone else's penis, you have a huge monster cock and are more of a man than all the rest of us with a "Small Japanese Penis"....:rolleyes:

NoveskeFan
03-27-13, 09:48
So apparently, if you drive a Prius, never exceed the speed limit, have an ugly wife/girlfriend, own no guns or knives, live in a small apartment, have no money and spend a lot of time worrying about the size of everyone else's penis, you have a huge monster cock and are more of a man than all the rest of us with a "Small Japanese Penis"....:rolleyes:

:D This could be the longest sig line ever! Awesome!

Crow Hunter
03-27-13, 10:17
:D This could be the longest sig line ever! Awesome!

Thank you!:D

djmorris
03-27-13, 10:51
Not bad? The entire article is just mocking gun owners, essentially. They seem to forget that there are actual shooting sports/competitions and that we gun owners also enjoy shooting our weapons. We don't just buy them, stick them in the closet, and pray that burglar comes in so we can shoot them which is what that entire article implies. Honestly it's one of the worst and most biased articles I've ever read on the matter. The author sounds like some liberal college kid who has seen that stupid Jim Carry video one too many times.

Zane1844
03-27-13, 11:15
Yeah, that guy is an idiot.

THCDDM4
03-27-13, 11:24
That article was complete shit and I am pissed I wasted five minutes reading it.

Talk about a biased, bullshit hack job of an article...

Larry Vickers
03-27-13, 12:48
Salad

I think you might need a piss test ASAP if you thought we would like that article - I thought it was trash

Honestly dude; try decaf

El Pistolero
03-27-13, 13:31
I normally don't comment on shitty articles, I just read, decide it sucks, and move on. Other people will comment on it anyways so there's no need for me to just bump up my post count with my input.

However I couldn't find a single thing in that article that I agreed with. I fail to see how it's a fair article from both sides. I'd say the bias is towards the anti-gun.

And LMAO at LAVs comment above. No offense dude, we all drunk post sometimes!

SPARTAN HOPLITE ARMS
03-27-13, 16:57
I guess maybe that was supposed to be in the same spirit as The Onion but just comes off as a condescending, elitist douche liberal like Bloomburg, making fun of gun owners for wanting guns. Then they go out and spend 100k+ for sports cars they can't drive to full potential.. Or like Bloomturd, request special dispensation from the Bermudan government to allow his police bodyguards to carry their guns with them when he flies them in for his vacations.

Magic_Salad0892
03-27-13, 17:44
Lol. After re-reading that article, I can see why everybody takes issue with it.

Number 4 is dead on though, and 3 is pretty close as well.

Every article by that author comes off as insulting though, so I guess it doesn't surprise me.

Maybe I do need a piss test. Lol. :suicide:

Ryno12
03-27-13, 18:11
"the Bushmaster Man Card declares and confirms that you are a man's man".

I didn't make it through #5 & stopped after this^^. Does Colin Farrell have BM? :p

...we all drunk post sometimes!

J-Dub
03-27-13, 18:21

No. It means you have drank the koolaid and are 100% in line with the U.N.'s Agenda 21.....poster child.

Five_Point_Five_Six
03-27-13, 19:47
You guys might dig it.

http://i552.photobucket.com/albums/jj326/botopo/notsure.jpg

djmorris
03-28-13, 09:08
No. It means you have drank the koolaid and are 100% in line with the U.N.'s Agenda 21.....poster child.

Ding ding ding!!

We have a winner!

morbidbattlecry
03-30-13, 19:37
Most of the article is kinda crappy. Although part of the last point he made is kinda interesting. Human beings can be violent by nature. It's silly to think otherwise. For most of human existence if we haven't been fighting each other we have been fighting nature. In times like now its looked down on to raid the next tribe over and take there stuff, maybe its good to give people an outlet.