PDA

View Full Version : Big Gun "Buy Back" in Phoenix this MAY!!

markm
03-27-13, 08:20
$100 for pistols, and $200 for "assault" weapons!!

Unfortunately the gift cards appear to be for Food and Electronics only...

No Cabelas where you could buy ammo! :D

http://phoenix.gov/police/gunbuyback2013.html

Shokr21
03-27-13, 08:58

Are you going to go with a fist full of cash and see if you can pick up anything worth while?

markm
03-27-13, 09:19
Are you going to go with a fist full of cash and see if you can pick up anything worth while?

I thought about it. These are being held in the "wear your plate carrier" parts of town though.

I though about taking my finest SBR with aimpoint and tac light, etc down there to get a "bid"... but walk away when they don't offer me a few thousand. :p

Shokr21
03-27-13, 09:40
I thought about it. These are being held in the "wear your plate carrier" parts of town though.

I though about taking my finest SBR with aimpoint and tac light, etc down there to get a "bid"... but walk away when they don't offer me a few thousand. :p

Pull out an invoice and screencap gunbroker auctions. "If you're not paying market values, I know where people are!"

markm
03-27-13, 09:44
I could set up a desk and lap top and show the folks their auction values.

Probably wouldn't want to have cash on you in Maryvale. They'll kill you for $3 and a pack of cigarettes there.

Shokr21
03-27-13, 09:53
Don't know anything about the area.

I'll be in Phoenix the 4th-7th, but that's for the wife's job, as trophy husband I get to go along and play golf and hang out with my grandparents that winter in Mesa.

C-grunt
03-27-13, 11:36
Maryvale isnt as bad as it used to be. Still a shit hole though.

markm
03-27-13, 11:41
Maryvale isnt as bad as it used to be. Still a shit hole though.

Scaryvale. You don't know Weustenberg by chance do you?

C-grunt
03-27-13, 11:44
Scaryvale. You don't know Weustenberg by chance do you?

Yeah he is the Sgt of the Patrol Rifle program. Statistically the most violent area of town is now along the 17 from about Glendale Ave south to around the I10.

markm
03-27-13, 12:13
Yeah he is the Sgt of the Patrol Rifle program.

:cool: I used take classes from him and Vern Brink.

I need to talk to Iraqgunz about doing an Amorers course at the Buyback. :D We could set up right next to the booth and get it done!

Zane1844
03-27-13, 12:24
How evil it is they are putting a price tag on assault weapons...like our children's lives are worth $200 let alone any value. People should just willfully give them away.

markm
03-27-13, 13:01
And they pro-rated the mags. Evil high caps get you more money than low cap mags.

Shit I have some steel garbage AR mags and non functional USGIs that are in the garage. I have a drop gun out there too.

SteyrAUG
03-27-13, 13:21
Too bad there wasn't a way to cobble together a legit firearm from chinese knoock off shit for $50 or so. If it's truly "no questions asked" I'd love to see somebody show up with some $25 garage made suppressors and a ATF definition book stating they are "firearms."

Iraqgunz
03-27-13, 13:26
Correct me if I am wrong. Didn't the legislature just pass something that prohibits these firearms from being destroyed? I think they are to be turned over to an FFL for resale and that money then is used to buy stuff for departments.

Iraqgunz
03-27-13, 13:27
I'll be here for the 4 May nonsense. We need to go there. I'll provide additional security.

markm
03-27-13, 13:36
Correct me if I am wrong. Didn't the legislature just pass something that prohibits these firearms from being destroyed? I think they are to be turned over to an FFL for resale and that money then is used to buy stuff for departments.

According to the NEWS story on the radio... anything NOT evidence or stolen property to be returned gets destroyed. :confused:

jpmuscle
03-27-13, 13:40
Nice to say their going out of their way to actually return stolen firearms to their rightful owners if they can.

RIDE
03-27-13, 13:57
I have a rusted up peice of garbage hi-point 9mm.. It is soooo bad.. broken pieces, etc... I'd LOVE to trade them this hunk of crap for $100 (anonymously of course) :dirol:

Moose-Knuckle
03-27-13, 17:10
Can't wait for the media coverage of this. :rolleyes:

I fully expect to see, yet again at least on inert AT-4 tube and a table full of prestine UZIs, Tec-9s, MAC-10s, and a Street Sweeper for good measure.

C-grunt
03-27-13, 18:21

I fully expect to see, yet again at least on inert AT-4 tube and a table full of prestine UZIs, Tec-9s, MAC-10s, and a Street Sweeper for good measure.

Hopefully not. Phoenix PD as a whole is pretty pro 2A. Our union bought a citizen a new Glock after he shot a suspect who murdered an officer.

nml
03-27-13, 18:23
"Dear Phoenix Police Department,

I am quite excited for your upcoming gun buyback where you will purchase stolen firearms anonymously -- no questions asked. Is simple assault sufficient to make a gun eligible for the $200 gift card or do you require it to be used in an aggravated assault?

Sincerely,

Phoenix, AZ"

Moose-Knuckle
03-27-13, 18:26
Hopefully not. Phoenix PD as a whole is pretty pro 2A. Our union bought a citizen a new Glock after he shot a suspect who murdered an officer.

Good to know. With any luck markm and the other AZ members will clean house on any "assault weapons".

Makes me wonder if Mark Kelly will show up to trade in his assault bull dog . . . :p

LHS
03-28-13, 02:17
I'm getting a few friends together to head down there and see what we can save from the crushers/smelters. I figure offering equivalent cash money should prompt a few defectors to let us have first pick of the litter. That said, it's definitely in a nasty part of town, so the more of us who show up, the safer we'll all be.

Iraqgunz
03-28-13, 04:13
My goal is to be in the area and hopefully do some snooping.

Honu
03-28-13, 06:42
would be fun to be their video it from start to finish to see WHO drops off guns and what they report in the end if it somehow changed from what the video showed being dropped off ? hmmmmmm

markm
03-28-13, 07:53
My goal is to be in the area and hopefully do some snooping.

Lets camo out and get berets. We'll represent the Multi Cam Panthers!

feedramp
03-28-13, 08:11
"Dear Phoenix Police Department,

I am quite excited for your upcoming gun buyback where you will purchase stolen firearms anonymously -- no questions asked. Is simple assault sufficient to make a gun eligible for the $200 gift card or do you require it to be used in an aggravated assault?

Sincerely,

Phoenix, AZ"
LOL! :D

halo2304
03-28-13, 08:46

If it were San Francisco, would you guys be the Pink Panthers? :D

markm
03-28-13, 08:48
If it were San Francisco, would you guys be the Pink Panthers? :D

That program is trying to go nationwide.:rolleyes:

jpmuscle
03-28-13, 08:50

I can see it now. Holder would have a field day and Drones would block out the sun.

markm
03-28-13, 09:02
I can see it now. Holder would have a field day and Drones would block out the sun.

Hmmm... maybe we should set up a "Drone Buy Back" booth out there. :confused:

jmnielsen
03-28-13, 09:08
Hmmm... maybe we should set up a "Drone Buy Back" booth out there. :confused:

Probably would be put on a national watch list!