PDA

View Full Version : Glock Armorers Course questions

CRAMBONE
03-27-13, 12:20
There is a course in my area this summer that I would like to attend.
Before I register though I have some questions.
Currently I'm a .mil reservist, non leo, have any of you in the same situation been allowed to attend? Is emailing or showing up with my ID good enough?

And, is the course worth going to?

mildot
03-27-13, 12:49
I believe that I sent a confirmation on a agency letterhead.
Yes for a one day course it was worth it. It increased my knowledge of the Glock pistol 10 fold. It moves along at a good pace and lots of good interaction with others folks of the same mind set.

30 cal slut
03-27-13, 15:04
i attended one that was open enrollment.

yes, it is worth it, makes servicing your own glock that much easier.

i which colt would do the same for M4's.

jamaicanj
03-27-13, 15:20
The course was worth it to extend your knowledge base.

Back when I did it, it also included the perk of being able to get two pistols at LE pricing. That perk seems to have recently disappeared

Yes, I wish I could also attend a similar course for AR style rifles

William B.
03-27-13, 15:57
I attended a Mil/LEO only Glock Armorer Course last year. A Glock employee contacted me via e-mail after I registered for proof that I was Mil or LEO. I scanned and e-mailed her my Mil ID and had no problems.

CRAMBONE
03-27-13, 17:44
Good deal. Thanks for the info guys. I'll register tonight.

SeriousStudent
03-27-13, 18:11
My understanding is that one can also attend a Glock Armorer's Course if you are a member of the GSSF.

Look halfway down the page:

http://gssfonline.com/hot-topics.cfm

I'm planning on taking one this summer just to increase my knowledge, and coincidentally order parts from Glock. ;)

NeoNeanderthal
03-27-13, 18:43
i'm a civie and just paid an extra 30$ to join the GSSF.

T2C
03-27-13, 19:21
Stocking dealers attend the Glock Armorer School, so I don't think it would be an issue for active duty military to attend. Get a hold of a regional rep and ask them about attending the course.

SA80Dan
03-28-13, 16:31
i'm a civie and just paid an extra 30$ to join the GSSF.

I'm an ex mil civvie and did exactly the same. I could already fully strip my glocks before I went on it, but needed the cert for my job. Its a good course and still learnt plenty, plus got the tick in the box. well recommended.

TheWaker43
03-28-13, 20:39
I'm an ex mil civvie and did exactly the same. I could already fully strip my glocks before I went on it, but needed the cert for my job. Its a good course and still learnt plenty, plus got the tick in the box. well recommended.

Do you feel that it would be worth it if you did not need the cert?

SA80Dan
03-28-13, 23:59
Do you feel that it would be worth it if you did not need the cert?

IMO it is well worth it for the price, I found it a really good course, good instructor, good people in the class etc. I did learn some extra bits and pieces, and its nice to have the official books.

William B.
03-29-13, 07:17
IMO it is well worth it for the price, I found it a really good course, good instructor, good people in the class etc. I did learn some extra bits and pieces, and its nice to have the official books.

And less expensive factory parts for those of us who are buying our own.