PDA

View Full Version : The international industry in human tissue...

Denali
03-28-13, 13:37
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2175006/Skin-bones-tissue-sale-How-dead-used-grisly-trade-human-body-parts.html

Its of interest to note that a few years back(2005/06)60-minutes ran a segment about a company in Wisconsin that was harvesting the skin from the donated cadavers of dead kids(two teen boys), and rendering it down into cosmetic cream for the womens beauty industry, which was buying it from them, and then selling it at profit! They(the company) are I believe, mentioned within this article....

In the Ukraine, for example, the security service believes that bodies passing through a morgue in the Nikolaev district, the gritty shipbuilding region located near the Black Sea, may have been feeding the trade, leaving behind what investigators described as potentially dozens of “human sock puppets” - corpses stripped of their reusable parts.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2175006/Skin-bones-tissue-sale-How-dead-used-grisly-trade-human-body-parts.html#ixzz2OrRllPcg
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

NeoNeanderthal
03-28-13, 14:04
Not just skin tissue. My partner donated her eggs and was paid for pain and suffering. (it is illegal to get paid directly for the eggs themselves) and she got a 1099 in the mail and has to pay taxes on them. The fed is trying to say she's self employed.... :-(

Shit's weird.

Safetyhit
03-28-13, 15:35
Its of interest to note that a few years back(2005/06)60-minutes ran a segment about a company in Wisconsin that was harvesting the skin from the donated cadavers of dead kids(two teen boys), and rendering it down into cosmetic cream for the womens beauty industry, which was buying it from them, and then selling it at profit! They(the company) are I believe, mentioned within this article....

How else do you think they can make Soylent Green? Awake and see the silent reaper, waiting to consume both you and even itself. What you can't see you don't know is coming, yet it surely will regardless.

Speaking of, where the hell is the mailman? It's after four here for heaven's sake.

SteyrAUG
03-28-13, 15:49
There are very ****ed up people in this world who do very ****ed up things. I don't even want to get into the international human organ trade.

Moose-Knuckle
03-28-13, 15:59
Human tissue/organ harvesting has been an under the table cash cow for a long time as it is generally perceived as a social taboo not to mention the legality and ethical issues. However its acceptance will only become more common place in society as our morals and values continue upon their current azimuth.

But hey, this is “progress”.

On the subject, here is a U.S. Congressional hearing entitled Organ Harvesting of Religious and Political Dissidents by the Chinese Communist Party.

http://ntdtv.org/en/news/china/2012-09-19/us-congress-holds-hearing-on-organ-harvesting.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_PH5AzI9nE&feature=youtu.be

TAZ
03-28-13, 16:21
Call me wierd, but I don't have a problem with the recycling of the human body, so long as the harvesting is done from donors.

With that said, I do realize that this view becomes a slippery slope of people being killed for their organs if the needed organs aren't found in cadavers. I also have a problem with grave robbers taking things from unwilling participants so to speak.

Not sure what the answer is to the question of helping the living vs. preserving a dead body or more importantly vs. creating a dangerous market where people will do nasty things to others for the sake of a profit or to keep themselves alive.

At this point in time I'm leaning towards the more conservative approach of not supporting it fully. The side effects of the black market that is generated is too steep a price.

Wonder how long before the printing of whole genetically matched organs becomes a reality?

Wonder what the long term effects of replaceable organs is going to be on people's personal restraints?? We already live in a society lacking in restraint IMO. If people knew they could get a new liver or what not would they behave in a riskier fashion??

SteyrAUG
03-28-13, 17:01
Call me wierd, but I don't have a problem with the recycling of the human body, so long as the harvesting is done from donors.

Most don't have a problem with that. The problem is when they are harvested from political prisoners or worse.

jpmuscle
03-28-13, 21:03
Most don't have a problem with that. The problem is when they are harvested from political prisoners or worse.

Like the random joe who wakes up in a bathtub full of ice and a note telling him to call 911.

SteyrAUG
03-28-13, 23:09
Like the random joe who wakes up in a bathtub full of ice and a note telling him to call 911.

I'm thinking more along the lines of people in the former Eastern bloc who are kidnapped by the mob so they can harvest organs. Generally they take everything.

jpmuscle
03-29-13, 00:31
I'm thinking more along the lines of people in the former Eastern bloc who are kidnapped by the mob so they can harvest organs. Generally they take everything.

I hear that is rather prevalent.. disturbing nonetheless.

TAZ
03-29-13, 11:09

Exactly why I said that even though I'm not weirded out by the concept, the fact that it generates a REALLY nasty black market I'm hesitant to support it. Maybe I wasn't clear. I was pretty brain dead yesterday.

Still wonder what will happen when we get to the point of being able to buy new organs. Will we go batshit crazy knowing we can always get a replacement?

SteyrAUG
03-29-13, 13:56
Exactly why I said that even though I'm not weirded out by the concept, the fact that it generates a REALLY nasty black market I'm hesitant to support it. Maybe I wasn't clear. I was pretty brain dead yesterday.

Still wonder what will happen when we get to the point of being able to buy new organs. Will we go batshit crazy knowing we can always get a replacement?

You were clear, I just missed it until after I replied.