PDA

View Full Version : MURPH: The Protector

jaxman7
03-28-13, 14:11
I am sure this man among men needs no introduction on here.

An upcoming documentary on Navy SEAL Lt. Michael Murphy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ps8z2-40YM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Him, Axe, Chris Kyle and others like them......well we need more men such as these roaming this earth.

-Jax

Summary of Action for Lt. Murphy during Operation Red Wing 28 June 2005:

http://www.navy.mil/moh/mpmurphy/soa.html

brickboy240
03-28-13, 14:38
Looks like a great film. Cannot wait to see it.

Not to thread drift too much but isn't a movie being made about Marcus Luttrell's "Lone Survivor" book as well? That was an excellent book, BTW.

-brickboy240

OldGreg
03-28-13, 15:04
You are correct, there is a Lone Survivor movie in the works:

Mark Wahlberg ... Marcus Luttrell
Taylor Kitsch ... Mike Murphy
Emile Hirsch ... Danny Dietz
Ben Foster ... Matt Axelson

I saw the MURPH movie on opening day. It's a nice documentary, with interviews of family and friends. My one critique is that it would've been nice to have some teammates share some stories, but that doesn't detract from the point of the movie, that Lt. Murphy was a protector at heart and he will be missed by many.

AKDoug
03-28-13, 16:24
Marky Mark as Luttrell. Interesting.

I've liked the Walberg brothers as actors. Having a tough time seeing Mark as Luttrell.

4DAIVI PAI2K5
01-05-14, 09:20
DVD is due out in a few days. I just saw the ad at my local wally world, it was the first I have heard of the film. Just a bump for some more info from people.

jaxman7
01-05-14, 16:04
DVD is due out in a few days. I just saw the ad at my local wally world, it was the first I have heard of the film. Just a bump for some more info from people.

Awesome! Looking forward to it!

-Jax

Irish
04-09-14, 15:54
Just watched this last night, Netflix. A very moving documentary and definitely recommended.

SeriousStudent
04-09-14, 21:35
I got my DVD in the mail last night from Amazon, I'll watch it this weekend and post a review.

Onyx Z
04-09-14, 23:17
I bought this the day it came out on Blu-Ray. I found it to be a great honor to a fallen hero!

_Stormin_
04-10-14, 08:40
Watched it last night. A great tribute to a real hero.

Safetyhit
04-15-14, 12:23
Thanks for the heads up on this. A great guy who was the product of a great family. Unusually good people, both parents.

Voodoo_Man
04-15-14, 13:35
Saw it the other night. Good documentary. These types of guys seem to be cut from the same cloth.