03-20-08, 19:41
yep!!

tiger seven
03-20-08, 20:19
I've already ordered mine! :D

Derek

Paulinski
03-20-08, 20:22
Tough choice between LaRue and ADM / Tango Down collaboration.

Matt Edwards
03-20-08, 20:34
That is almost enough to make me start useing a VFG. (not really, but I may get one anyway)

Matt

DrMark
03-20-08, 20:47
Very nice.

Modularity is beautiful.

hellbound
03-20-08, 22:25
i'm glad people can read the part that says "for sale to team members only"

apparently that means "POST IT ALL OVER THE INTERNET"...

so much for any benefit from being a team member... remind me not to count on any of you to keep a secret... :p

pittbull
03-20-08, 23:06
My fault.
My appoligies to the community and Mr. LaRue.
Link removed.

Impact
03-20-08, 23:42
ordered mine. they are flying off the shelves..:D

MacMan
03-21-08, 01:37
My timing really sucks! I just received my Bobro VFG yesterday and I really, really like it. Now Mark has to come out with this. Oh well, I guess I will just have to make the sacrifice and buy it too. And because I am being FORCED to buy Mark's new VFG, I might as well order a couple of other things from him as well. No sense in having to pay shipping on just 1 item. Sure am glad that I can reason these things out!

Rmplstlskn
03-21-08, 11:05
My timing really sucks! I just received my Bobro VFG yesterday and I really, really like it. Now Mark has to come out with this.

I too really like my Bobro stubby grip a lot... but that LT grip looks sweet as well, and the price is right (team member). The LT "looks" heavier though, as the Bobro is, IMO, very lightweight for its strength due to is Delrin usage.

If I didn't need an SPR-E, I'd get one...

Rmpl

C4IGrant
03-21-08, 11:51
has this been posted already?

Link taken down temporarily...

Not sure what the big deal is as they are all over the net.

I think they look good and are most likely made out of Delrin.

The main problem that I see with them though is that dealer are not allowed to order them. :mad:

C4

http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/LT/VG.jpg

http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/LT/VG1.jpg

NCPatrolAR
03-21-08, 12:21
Are these as fat as the TD grips? If not, I have no interest in them.

C4IGrant
03-21-08, 12:25
Are these as fat as the TD grips? If not, I have no interest in them.

Good question. They do look fat, but have not seen any measurments or weight yet.

C4

Impact
03-21-08, 13:39
I think Larue hit another home run with that one..

ARin
03-21-08, 20:43
from this pic, they look "approximately" as fat as the TD version.
ill let you know when i get mine:D

http://i25.tinypic.com/2yzlkz7.jpg

Harv
03-21-08, 22:32
The whole point of a "stubby" VFG is it's compactness. Marks design retains that. The TD/ADD design does not from a visual standpoint. The stubby version is longer due to the added length of the ADM mount.

So if I were going to get a QD VFG.. (and I'm not) it would be the LaRue based on the length (and the QD lever...

Shihan
03-21-08, 23:25
The whole point of a "stubby" VFG is it's compactness. Marks design retains that. The TD/ADD design does not from a visual standpoint. The stubby version is longer due to the added length of the ADM mount.

So if I were going to get a QD VFG.. (and I'm not) it would be the LaRue based on the length (and the QD lever...

The ADM VFG adapter works great, it is very sturdy and adds little to the overall length of a TD stubby grip.

ST911
03-21-08, 23:26
Outstanding. Another decision making process made simple.

MassMark
03-21-08, 23:45
I was convinced I'd resist using a VFG on both my AR-15 build and my Troy MCS....Suddenly, there's urge....

Submariner
03-22-08, 02:36
The main problem that I see with them though is that dealer are not allowed to order them. :mad:

Dealers? We don't need no stinkin' dealers.:D

C4IGrant
03-22-08, 08:07

The ADM mount does NOT add any length as it is integrated into the mount just like the LT lever is.

C4

http://photos.imageevent.com/smglee/cltactical/huge/TDgrip.jpg

C4IGrant
03-22-08, 08:08
Dealers? We don't need no stinkin' dealers.:D

Yes, the LT dealers are getting this impression.

C4

Steve
03-22-08, 08:54
New larue on the way............:D

Harv
03-22-08, 09:31
I stand corrected.. I looked at a different ADM adapter/TD pic. The TD//QD version is not longer....My Bad....

Mark LaRue
03-22-08, 11:56
Yes, the LT dealers are getting this impression.
C4

Way back in the day, Okuma and Haas somehow ended up being both sold through the same Texas dealer ... wierd and kinda like a Chevy/Ford dealership. Well, time told that the dealer always seemed to sell the manufacturers' machines that gave the dealer the highest margins.

One day the oppressed manufacturer paid a visit and said "It's us or them".

Both manufacturers have done fine with their respective advocates ever since the split.

Just sayin' ...

ML

Trim2L
03-22-08, 12:03
Way back in the day, Okuma and Haas somehow ended up being both sold through the same Texas dealer ... wierd and kinda like a Chevy/Ford dealership. Well, time told that the dealer always seemed to sell the manufacturers' machines that gave the dealer the highest margins.

Both manufacturers have done fine with their respective advocates ever since the split.

Just sayin' ...

ML

So you're not going to sell to dealers anymore?

There was a time when LaRue was synonymous with G&R Tactical.

C4IGrant
03-22-08, 12:19

Just sayin' ...

ML

Just in case you did not know, all of your dealers stock companies that make competing products. Never once has DD called me and said that I was not going to be able to get their rails because I was now stock LT rails (the new kid on the block). And before that, KAC did tell me that I couldn't stock their rails because I was stocking DD rails (the new kid on the block).

99.9% off all manufacturers realize that dealers survive by stocking as many products from as many companies as possible. This gives the consumers lots of options and is why they keep coming back.

Dealers will always favor some gear more than others. For instance, I generally prefer your rails over most anyone else’s, but do view the other ones we stock as high quality. Am I going to get hate mail from DD, VLTOR, MI, Troy, KAC and SF for what I just said? No, not in the least as they know that I (and all dealers) are allowed to have an opinion on what they like and what they do not.

For me, money matters not. I choose the gear that I like the best (regardless of cost). So "margins" do not matter in what we use, stock or recommend to our fellow shooters.

To the best of my knowledge, LT is the ONLY manufacturer that makes gear that they REFUSE to sell to their dealers. Why this is, I have not idea, but one thing is for sure, it alienates your dealers for sure. Sadly, you know this already though and do not seem to care.

If you would like to discuss this issue further, please feel free to give us a call so that no further BW is wasted on this subject.

C4

C4IGrant
03-22-08, 12:27
So you're not going to sell to dealers anymore?

There was a time when LaRue was synonymous with G&R Tactical.

No, I do not think that is the case (yet).

You are correct in that LT and G&R were linked for a long time. In some ways we still are and we still continue to recommend their products to the shooting community.

C4

MassMark
03-22-08, 20:57
Mark,

Those grips look amazing. Any idea about availability for the masses? I didn't see them listed on your site. Thanks.

Mark

SuicideHz
03-23-08, 00:47
I don't think they are for team members only. As far as I know, when I was shown a link to homestead the other day, they could be ordered by anyone at the team member price or so it seemed. Maybe just a bad website design, I don't know. I wasn't interested enough to try...

I'll stick with the ADM/TD grip if I feel the need to buy another and I'll be happy to just buy it from Grant.

Mark- Mimic a 30mm hole for an Aimpoint to fit through? You might as well just yell at Aimpoint for that blunder. Show me patents being infringed upon in any way, shape or form and I might listen to your hot air. There's only one way to mount an Aimpoint and that's to grab it around the 30mm diameter smooth cylinder Aimpoint left for a mount. The other end has to adapt to a picatinny rail. Other than those two necessary ingredients, they tried to do their own thing. The only other thing they could do is move their levers opposite yours. Would that be enough?

JLM
03-23-08, 01:26
Interesting.