PDA

View Full Version : Rogers SuperStock Seems Overly Tight

The Bubsky
03-29-13, 17:47
Guys,
I'm a newbie to the forum & signed up because I'd like to get some input on the Rogers SuperStock on my Colt 6920.
Adjusting the stock seems WAY too hard. It locks up very nice, but adjusting between positions is awful...way too much friction. I've cleaned the extension tube & inside the stock, but not much improvement.
Has anyone else experienced this? If so, how did you remedy?
Is some type of lube an option? Please weigh-in!

jbo723
03-29-13, 18:00
Tagging for suggestions also. I bought a 6920 also with the Rogers stock it it definitely is tighter than normal. Definitely not able to adjust it in a normal way and have to place the rifle between my legs to retract the stock.

I was just hoping that it would loosen over time but, interested in a way to remedy the tightness.

Chumly
03-29-13, 18:06
I have not really used a rogers super stock but I believe you can make some adjustment to the friction lock. Maybe that can help.

TedG
03-29-13, 18:22
Mine works perfectly. All I would suggest is to make sure the tension lock isn't engaged.

The Bubsky
03-29-13, 18:32
Mine works perfectly. All I would suggest is to make sure the tension lock isn't engaged.

Thanks, but that isn't the issue. I should have been more clear.
With the tension lock off, and squeezing the adjustment lever, there is some serious friction.....WAY too hard to adjust & far from normal.
Before I start greasing stuff up, I wanted to see if others had similar problems & suggestions.
THANKS!

malstew123
03-29-13, 19:36
When I first got my 6940 I noticed the superstock was much tighter than most telescoping stocks I have previously had experience with. After some time working back and forth it was more fluid. The friction I experienced was nothing to the level described here though. I'd be interested to see what you do to remedy the problem.

Displaced Texan
03-29-13, 20:01
On the opposite side if the friction lock there is a slot head screw used to adjust the tension of the lock.
Try backing it out a turn or two.
I had the same issue on mine.

tog
03-29-13, 20:20
Guys,
I'm a newbie to the forum & signed up because I'd like to get some input on the Rogers SuperStock on my Colt 6920.
Adjusting the stock seems WAY too hard. It locks up very nice, but adjusting between positions is awful...way too much friction. I've cleaned the extension tube & inside the stock, but not much improvement.
Has anyone else experienced this? If so, how did you remedy?
Is some type of lube an option? Please weigh-in!

The Rogers stock on my 6920 was also very tight. I took it off and cleaned the extension tube as you did. It had what appeared to be small blobs of a gummy residue in a place or two. I cleaned it good and then applied a light coating of lube. One thing I also noticed was a thick coating of phosphate or parkerizing on the extension tube. I think this has more to do with the tight fit than anything else. The lube didn't stay on long. I don't know if it came off when I adjusted the stock or was soaked up by the finish on the tube. The lock on my stock has plenty of play when in the unlocked position so I know it is not the cause of a tight fit. At any rate my stock is still snug, but is working a little smoother. I think it will be okay when the extension tube finish wears in some more.

C4IGrant
03-29-13, 22:14
Yes, I have a recommendation. Sell it on EGAY to an airsofter (make sure to tell them that it is Colt Defense marked). Will sell for for $70+.

Then, take that money and buy this: http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=BRAVO

C4

The Bubsky
03-30-13, 12:55
My solution is on the way directly from Bill Rogers.
I sent him an email regarding my issue & his personal response was very prompt & helpful. He said Colt's have had some buffer tubes with larger than normal outside diameters, so he's shipping me a larger shim to address the problem.
I contacted him via his website & he got back to me in less than 24 hours with instructions & told me the part was on the way!
For the others in this thread with similar problems, look him up here:http://www.rogersshootingschool.com/products/superstoc.php

Thanks guys (except C4 - who needs to find a productive hobby).

C4IGrant
03-30-13, 13:02
I sent him an email regarding my issue & his personal response was very prompt & helpful. He said Colt's have had some buffer tubes with larger than normal outside diameters, so he's shipping me a larger shim to address the problem.
I contacted him via his website & he got back to me in less than 24 hours with instructions & told me the part was on the way!
For the others in this thread with similar problems, look him up here:http://www.rogersshootingschool.com/products/superstoc.php

Actually I did you a favor AND gave you the best advice. The stock is a dog. Upgrade.

C4

DocH
03-30-13, 13:29
Yes, I have a recommendation. Sell it on EGAY to an airsofter (make sure to tell them that it is Colt Defense marked). Will sell for for $70+.

Then, take that money and buy this: http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=BRAVO

C4 Best recommendation of the week.

Norinco
03-30-13, 14:07

C4

Solid advice. My Bravo is on the way.

TedG
03-30-13, 14:48

Thanks for the follow-up. Bill Rogers sounds like a stand up guy. I like the Super Stock and haven't been able to find anything wrong with it. Enjoy yours.

Ryno12
03-30-13, 14:52

Wow! Post #3 and your cocking off already? :nono:
That was pretty unnecessary.

ScottFarkus
03-30-13, 15:00
Yeah, you might want check out what C4 s "hobby " is. He knows a thing or two about these rifles.

My $.02, read more, post less. These guys know their stuff.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2