PDA

View Full Version : need to update anything

weez440
03-30-13, 22:51
i just recently built 2 ar's, one for my dad and one for me. they are both simular but i was wondering if there is anything i should update or if we are gtg for years to come.
both have bcm uppers with bcg and charging handles which i am not worried about at all.
lowers have alg triggers, omega buffer tube, buffer and spring from bcm, backplate from bcm, the detents and springs and takedowns all came from brownells. magpul stocks and stag arms lowers. i have vortex red dot and magnifier on mine and dad has a scope (can't remember brand) and nikon mount on his. mine has magpul handgrip on it and his has bcm handgrip. we both just want guns that will reliably last us for years with no problems and both so far have been serving us very well.

Airhasz
03-31-13, 02:14
Run a couple thousand rounds through them and see if they have no problems and are good to go. That's about the only way to know for sure...:p

Travis B
03-31-13, 05:09
Aside from optics they will last you for years to come. Leave them how they are until you shoot it enough to see what, if anything, you need to change to make the weapon work better for you.

twistedcomrade
03-31-13, 09:57
Just make sure you have spare parts for them, especially the little pins and such.

MistWolf
03-31-13, 10:05
Update your ammo

grantw1221
03-31-13, 10:29
Ammo, mags and optics. That's it

Packman73
03-31-13, 10:37
What BUIS are you running?

weez440
03-31-13, 10:46
right now no buis, i am thinking of going with 1 o'clock iron sights. i know my dad's optics are crap but he just threw them on for the time being and i like my vortex for now. between the two of us we have 25 mag's mostly p-mag's and the d&h magazines, and we have about 1200 rounds which isn't much but i have been buying for about a year luckily. and i do have an extra trigger group just need some springs and detents.

Packman73
03-31-13, 10:53
You both need quality BUIS.

Hmac
03-31-13, 11:04
Your optic choices aren't quite up to those of the rest of your hardware, otherwise sounds GTG.

If you had high quality optics, the need for BUIS would be debatable. As it is, you could consider some Troy$ if it's a critical-use rifle or Magpul MBUS if you're backing up a quality optic in the future.