PDA

View Full Version : barrel weight

newguy
03-31-13, 12:56
Ihave a BM dissapator H-BAR 16in barrel.Iwant to get a reg 16in m4

profile. Mine is just to heavy with access

does anyone know the weight differences between the two.

the m4 profile will either be BCM or Daniel Defence.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Quentin
03-31-13, 13:25
It depends on the HBAR but you can expect 8-12 ounces difference or even more. You might even consider a lightweight profile (pencil) which can be 4-5 ounces lighter than the M4 profile.

michael word
03-31-13, 14:09
dissipator is 42.1 ounces.

M4 is 28.2 ounces.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=tsU_kAjONKoGGfkDPaQZX1Q&single=true&gid=0&output=html

samuse
03-31-13, 20:30
dissipator is 42.1 ounces.

M4 is 28.2 ounces.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=tsU_kAjONKoGGfkDPaQZX1Q&single=true&gid=0&output=html

Sunnybeaches.

I know that it would be cost prohibitive and not really a smart idea, but...

Anyone had a barrel turned down to use .625" diameter FSB and gas block on a dissipator?

The few that I've seen were .750" and the front of the barrel has heavy to allow the FSB.

michael word
03-31-13, 21:03
It would be hard and expensive to go to a .625 gas block. you can still keep the .750 gas block and just have the rest of the barrel turned to lightweight profile. That would be the best option.

Iraqgunz
03-31-13, 21:55
Why would you spend that kind of money on a BM barrel? Doesn't make sense really.

Sunnybeaches.

Anyone had a barrel turned down to use .625" diameter FSB and gas block on a dissipator?

The few that I've seen were .750" and the front of the barrel has heavy to allow the FSB.

samuse
04-01-13, 08:43
Sunnybeaches.

Why would you spend that kind of money on a BM barrel? Doesn't make sense really.

I was just inquiring if anyone had used the smaller diameter parts on a dissipator.