PDA

View Full Version : Sounds???

Aproct
04-01-13, 12:09
I am a new AR owner. I have owned my RRA LAR15 since last September. Due to my schedule and my available time, I was finally able to take it out this past weekend to the range. Now while firing, is it normal to hear the spring compressing in the the tube? Yes, I had ear protection on, but could hear the spring inside the tube every time. At times of shooting, it kinda distracted me...Just trying to get and understanding...Thanks in advance...

michael word
04-01-13, 12:25
Perfectly normal. Can be a little annoying at first but you get use to it. If it bugs you too much, a trick from the sport shooters is to put some thick grease in a light coat in the tube and on the spring to dampen the noise some.

Aproct
04-01-13, 12:30
Thank You! That's not a bad idea...May just try that...The first time I heard it I was like WTF! then it became annoying...

markm
04-01-13, 12:51
If you shoot in a clean (no dust/sand/grit) environment, you can get away with that grease trick. But anytime you introduce lube to the action spring and RE, you get dirt sticking in there.

polymorpheous
04-01-13, 12:56
Just shoot your rifle.
You will not even notice the spring sooner than later.

When you don't hear the spring you'll know one of two things.
Time to clear a malfunction or time to reload.

Aproct
04-01-13, 13:05
That reload time comes quicker in Jersey since we are not allowed to have more than a 15 round magazine....