PDA

View Full Version : Matrix Aerospace Receivers

AKBushpilot
04-02-13, 00:23
Hi, I am new to the website and I have a question about upper and lower receivers that I have seen for sale. The manufacturer is Matrix Aerospace, I have never heard of them and was wondering if anyone here has had any experience with this brand.

Thank you for your assistance.

Sandy

Airhasz
04-02-13, 00:43
It would help if yo can post a link to the receivers and the specs.

AKBushpilot
04-02-13, 01:00
I'm not sure how to post a link, saw them on Gunbroker, just searched AR 15 upper receiver, and there was a auction for them.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=334860274

see if this works!

Thanks

Swag
04-02-13, 01:39
This is interesting. New manufacturer?

caelumatra
04-02-13, 07:23
Just googling the name I found their site
http://www.matrixaero.com/index.asp

According to their site they're a defense contractor whose clients are:
Lockheed Martin
Raytheon
Barnes Aerospace
General Electric
Terydyne
BAE Systems

Not much of a website, nor is there any mention of making AR parts.

I'd say why dont you buy one and give us a nice write up about it but at $270 for an upper lower...that's an expensive risk. Machining wise, if they can make an anti mine torpedo for Raytheon they can probably make an AR upper and lower to spec. But since there is no info on their site about it...we're just left guessing.

AKBushpilot
04-02-13, 09:26
That's kinda where I was at, if it was a smoking deal it might be worth taking a risk, but that's not the case. I also looked at their website and didn't see any mention of AR parts, so thought maybe someone here had more info on them.

grantw1221
04-02-13, 09:47
It looks good but I agree.... Drop that price to around $200 and we might have some takers.

Swag
04-02-13, 10:35
I contacted Matrix Aerospace via email. They stated they produce the majority of the uppers and lowers for Ruger's SR-556 rifles.

simisimi
09-11-13, 15:24
I live in Claremont NH where Matrix Aerospace is based. I can confirm that they make many of the parts for Ruger's AR as well as several other Rugar guns. I had them put a complete AR together for me using their upper and lower and it has proven to feed reliably - more reliably than my Bushmaster Patrolman which is fussy about ammunition and tends to jam when it gets hot. The Matrix gun is far better.

SilverBullet432
09-11-13, 16:37
On their product gallery, there are pics of rails and lowers.

Tzook
09-11-13, 16:52
I live in Claremont NH where Matrix Aerospace is based. I can confirm that they make many of the parts for Ruger's AR as well as several other Rugar guns. I had them put a complete AR together for me using their upper and lower and it has proven to feed reliably - more reliably than my Bushmaster Patrolman which is fussy about ammunition and tends to jam when it gets hot. The Matrix gun is far better.

I'm just shocked :p

albatrossarmament
09-12-13, 10:15
Looks like they make TROY rails as well

TacticalSledgehammer
09-12-13, 10:53
I'm just shocked :p

Haha me too:lol:

CHawks_12
11-15-14, 10:09
I don't know if this thread is still followed but. I just ordered 2 lowers and a matched upper for one of them from Matrix Aerospace for $140 for all three. I intend to make them my 1st builds. As I go along I intend to post my mistakes and frustrations in my post https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?160951-1st-Custom-AR-Build-2nd-total-Custom-Build. follow along give advice or what have you and we'll see how it all goes.

ibmikey
11-16-14, 05:48
Chalks, I am still following this thread while trying to determine why a person would have a Bushmaster that "tends to jam when it gets hot". If it is broke determine the failure and correct it ! We are not dealing with the space shuttle but an easily repairable firearm when properly diagnosed.
Good luck with your build, just take each step slowly and think things over so the installation of one part does not require disassembly of completed work. I can assemble a upper and lower (complete rifle) in about an hour, but usually take much longer in order to savor the fun from each build. Building is so easy that when you get twenty or more AR's laying about and have run out of ideas on parts swaps it is going to be necessary to take your heart medication before looking at the check book stubs.

Dalton Wayne
11-19-14, 13:26
I run a matrix lower, it's been flawless, I paid $50.00 for the striped lower on a group buy....

weggy
11-19-14, 13:50
I saw a stripped lower from matrixaero on Armslist for $89. New!

CHawks_12
02-21-15, 19:54
That's how I got my 2 lowers and upper. We got them as a deployment group buy.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk